+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/03 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 5/03 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3893237;
    I like Brooke. I'm afraid if they get rid of her we'll be stuck with someone else -
    I like Brooke. She does just as well as Samantha did.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3893252;
    I like Brooke. She does just as well as Samantha did.
    As well and better than the band and singers! I'm on the keep Brooke train.

Nicole was very good but I actually expected more fluidity from her. It wasn't her best dance.
    The judges are a bit over the top with their critiques of her, though. I don't believe she's the best dancer ever to be on this show. And, this is starting to become the 1st season that I'm actually not enjoying Derek.
    Ok. At least they didn't get 10's.
    I thought Pam looked beautiful tonight in the pink dress and I really enjoyed their waltz. I still think she would have benefitted greatly with a partner who was taller and did better choreography for her. I actually really liked that the band did the Billy Vera and the Beaters song. While they're no Billy Vera and the Beaters, they didn't destroy it as much as they destroy most songs.
    Ok 2 8's and a 9 is way too much for Niecy. Perhaps the scores were because neither one put food in their mouth.
    I really like Brooke's dress this week. It doesn't overly emphasize her inflated boo*s for a change.
    Absolutely loved Evan and Anna. That was totally my favorite dance of the night.
    Can't wait to see the team dances.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-04-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Evan scored 9 or 10/10 for technical merit in my book, but only 7/10 for degree of difficulty. Ana did all the fancy footwork. He did no inside leg action.

If you compare Gilles Marini's Argentine Tango to Evan's--they both scored 30/30--I think Gilles had the much stronger, and more memorable performance. In fact, Gilles Marini Argentine Tango is still a suggested Google search today.

Nevertheless, I'm still picking Evan to win the Ball. Scherzinger The Ringer is getting a bad edit. This week she wasn't complemented enough, boo hoo! ABC is setting her up to be the diva who suffers a shocking loss in the Final.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I enjoyed the show ever so much more this week with Dudley DoRight gone. The chemistry among all the remaining couples seemed light and fun--loved seeing Maks so genuinely pleased for Niecy and Evan for Erin. It's so obvious that Nicole is technically far superior to all the others--and the judges are kind of obvious in their efforts not to say that, but to pretend she has things to "work on." Adding the pimp package about her sweet liittle aunt was a little over-the-top, I thought. But then they had Pam mucking out stables at the animal shelter. Poor Max, we didn't get to see any of his good deeds--mowing Len's lawn or helping little old ladies across the street.

I'd say that all the couples left in the competition are good enough dancers and have enough stage presence and personality that depending on how they perform in the coming weeks and what kind of pre-performances "packages" are shown, the great silver mirror-ball could go to any one of them. It seems pretty clear that they're "pushing" Nicole for the win, but I've sensed in the last couple of weeks that Niecy is rising in favor just by being her delightful self. And I've gotta love Chad givin' out that bling.

I don't think they should just give one score for the group dances: they should split it 15/15 with one half the same to all three and the second fifteen to the individual pairs. Niecy really looked klutzy in the cha-cha.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3893270;
    I enjoyed the show ever so much more this week with Dudley DoRight gone. The chemistry among all the remaining couples seemed light and fun--loved seeing Maks so genuinely pleased for Niecy and Evan for Erin. It's so obvious that Nicole is technically far superior to all the others--and the judges are kind of obvious in their efforts not to say that, but to pretend she has things to "work on." Adding the pimp package about her sweet liittle aunt was a little over-the-top, I thought. But then they had Pam mucking out stables at the animal shelter. Poor Max, we didn't get to see any of his good deeds--mowing Len's lawn or helping little old ladies across the street.

I'd say that all the couples left in the competition are good enough dancers and have enough stage presence and personality that depending on how they perform in the coming weeks and what kind of pre-performances "packages" are shown, the great silver mirror-ball could go to any one of them. It seems pretty clear that they're "pushing" Nicole for the win, but I've sensed in the last couple of weeks that Niecy is rising in favor just by being her delightful self. And I've gotta love Chad givin' out that bling.

I don't think they should just give one score for the group dances: they should split it 15/15 with one half the same to all three and the second fifteen to the individual pairs. Niecy really looked klutzy in the cha-cha.
    The friendly atmosphere was definitely lacking last season but it's nice to see everyone so supportive of each other. When Aiden was still on, I remember Derek/Nicole always getting as excited as he was when he was announced safe. People seem to really like Niecy. Erin's talked extensively about her friendship with Evan. I heard good things about Pam backstage since before the season started. I've seen various tweets from Maks and Chad to each other, and Nicole probably falls in there somewhere. Since all the pros are good friends it probably helps that their partners get along. I think it's really anyone's guess as to who goes tomorrow. Niecy is the weakest link but all it can take is one good performance from a weak dancer over a better dancer with a mediocre dance to get through. I think re-doing how they score the group dances isn't a bad idea, because Chad definitely benefitted from being with Pam and Nicole (and really, I can't even say Pam did much except screw up but she's Pam). I'm not sure how I'd do it, as ranking them 1/2/3 defeats the purpose and it would have been too obvious tonight who would have gotten 1/2/3 on each side there would have been no point. I still can't believe, out of all the Madonna songs there are, that's the one they picked for a cha cha.

Chad was delicious looking in all white. That is all,.lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3893282;
    Indeed he was and I threw a few votes his way along with votes for Erin and Pam. I don't dislike Niecy but I would hate to see any of the others go before her.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3893270;
    I enjoyed the show ever so much more this week with Dudley DoRight gone. The chemistry among all the remaining couples seemed light and fun--loved seeing Maks so genuinely pleased for Niecy and Evan for Erin.
    Agreed. I like a little personal drama from time to time - but not EVERY season. It becomes both distracting and draining. This is a special bunch - each is working very hard and enjoying themselves very much. Aiden and Shannone would have fit right in; they had the same spirit.

Althouh, I have to say that Pam seemed a bit out of sorts tonight. I wonder if she sees the writing on the wall, i.e. that she will get cut at some point soon (if not tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3893282;
    I couldn't agree more! Chad was delicious, and he didn't disappoint me in the Cha Cha Cha.

+ Reply to Thread