+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3888162;
    I don't live too far from Flower Mound and it is a wonderful place to raise a family. A lot of nice people with good hearts. They can stay in LA.
    What I want to know is whatever happened to the Vienna who said she wanted just what Jake wanted. She wanted 10 acres out in the country and to just stay home and cook, clean and raise the kids. Are you freaking kidding me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3888239;
    Tonight was for you SDL!!!
    Oh, this just brought tears to my eyes. Definitely for SDL!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3888236;
    Jake also mentioned Canada. Would that be a Jill connection? I don't recall his talking about geography before tonight. I understand he and Vienna waged a strong campaign on Twitter and facebook, and he thanked those fans.

Question, and be honest: If you were leaving the show, would you thank your dancing partner for being so nice to your beautiful fiance(e), ________? Or would you just say his/her name?
    IMO the most important thing when you're leaving is to thank your pro partner. If that isn't first - or nearly so it feels like what ever one says lacks class. I must admit that even though I was a Buzz fan, when he was eliminated he took his time to talk more about the space program than to acknowledge and thank his partner, Ashly and that bugged me.
    I guess you can get flustered when you're in that position and feel "put on the spot", but the classy thing to do is to thank your partner if you can't manage another word. I thought Aiden was particularly gracious in that regard but other eliminated stars also come to mind.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Can I just say how gorgeous Edyta and Alec were tonight? They're pure poetry to watch. Now if Jonathan and Anna perform anything like they did last season, I'll be extremely happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3888239;
    Tonight was for you SDL!!!
    I was thinking the same thing.

And to echo what others were saying-- I too was totally lost on the Canada thank you's. Chelsie's not from Canada, I don't think. So what that was about, I have no idea. Perhaps he'll move there and muck up their television programs. Not that I wish that fate on Canadians, but as long as he's off my TV screen, I'm going to be a little selfish at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3888254;
    IMO the most important thing when you're leaving is to thank your pro partner. If that isn't first - or nearly so it feels like what ever one says lacks class. I must admit that even though I was a Buzz fan, when he was eliminated he took his time to talk more about the space program than to acknowledge and thank his partner, Ashly and that bugged me.
    I guess you can get flustered when you're in that position and feel "put on the spot", but the classy thing to do is to thank your partner if you can't manage another word. I thought Aiden was particularly gracious in that regard but other eliminated stars also come to mind.
    I do generally agree with you, but to be fair to Buzz, his departure came at a very crucial time in terms of the space program. Without boring everyone with the details, the big Obama speech/funding announcements were coming up very soon at that point, and Buzz and others were fighting for the Space Program's life, essentially. I was glad he was out there promoting it. Didn't help much though, unfortunately. So yes, I thought he should've thanked Ashly more, but I also understood why he was more focused on the Space Program discussion. Jake on the other hand... Well, Jake's concerned with fame and diddly squat else, IMO. I have no kind words or explanations for that man.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 04-27-2010 at 11:13 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3888249;
    Oh, this just brought tears to my eyes. Definitely for SDL!
    Who is SDL????

Quote Originally Posted by luvclayseyes;3888270;
    Who is SDL????
    SDL posted mostly over on the Bachelor and Bachelorette forums. He passed away recently, and very many of us (or most/all) who post over there feel the loss and will miss him this next season. He wasn't a big Jake fan.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3888248;
    What I want to know is whatever happened to the Vienna who said she wanted just what Jake wanted. She wanted 10 acres out in the country and to just stay home and cook, clean and raise the kids. Are you freaking kidding me!
    The same thing that happened to the Melissa who wanted nothing more than to go back to Texas and become a first-grade teacher!

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3888246;
    I actually like Vienna better than Jake.

I know he will be in Canada this weekend for some event so that could be the Candada shout out.
    I actually am starting to feel sorry for Vienna.
    Although a with a cheeseball and Vienna sausage, all we need is some crackers for a low end party.

Question: What exactly is a "gifting suite"?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3888272;
    SDL posted mostly over on the Bachelor and Bachelorette forums. He passed away recently, and very many of us (or most/all) who post over there feel the loss and will miss him this next season. He wasn't a big Jake fan.
    What?!?! How did I miss that? I don't post much, but love, love, love to read SDL's comments. Can someone tell me what happened? Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it in the thread.

+ Reply to Thread