+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

I'm glad Elisabeth apologized. I figured she would, and I don't think she's as good of an actress to make it seem heartfelt if she didn't think it. But there's still people like her out there who probably think her opinion is right. Which is sad.

On to better things...an AT and a rumba from Maks on Monday? I heard their rumba is going to be 80s themed (why not just call it decade dancing rather than re-name it "dancing through the eras" show?)

Has anyone else noticed how the show has chilled out on Erin and Maks as love interests? I've also noticed that, post-Jive, they are not as touchy-feely, flirtatious. Maks barely smiled both weeks, esp. this week.

The showmance is over, I guess

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3894626;
    I'm glad Elisabeth apologized. I figured she would, and I don't think she's as good of an actress to make it seem heartfelt if she didn't think it. But there's still people like her out there who probably think her opinion is right. Which is sad.
    Well, I think Elizabeth still thinks her opinion is right. She only apologized for hurting Erin's feelings. That's a far cry from admitting she's wrong and why.
    I think it was heartfelt in that she felt guilty that it hurt Erin, but it just doesn't go far enough. Too few people use these three little words. "I was wrong."

On to better things...an AT and a rumba from Maks on Monday? I heard their rumba is going to be 80s themed (why not just call it decade dancing rather than re-name it "dancing through the eras" show?)
    I'd love an entire 80's themed show.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3894639;
    Has anyone else noticed how the show has chilled out on Erin and Maks as love interests? I've also noticed that, post-Jive, they are not as touchy-feely, flirtatious. Maks barely smiled both weeks, esp. this week.

The showmance is over, I guess

I noticed They looked so happy a couple of weeks ago - I wonder if the media harping on them got to them, or maybe they are cooling it until the show is over? But I read somewhere that Maks was interested in Erin's sister? And Erin was interested in Evan? Maks looked so happy with her though. Who knows......

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Erin and EVAN? That just seems bizarre and weird to me.

Elizabeth apologized because she knew she had to - it wasn't heartfelt. She was probably crying because she felt victimized by everyone denouncing her ignorance. I'd blame her comments on her usual inability to think before she speaks, but this one sounds pretty thought out, since there were graphics prepared ahead of time. So, even with prep time, she comes across as an ignorant, inarticulate teenager. Comparing anything Maks has said to Elizabeth's hateful remarks is off the mark: criticizing someone's dancing isn't even in the same ballpark as what Elizabeth said about Erin.

Erin's dealt with more crap this season that the yammerings of some talk show twit, so I'm sure she's getting on with it and working hard. I'm excited to see their AT. It should be beautiful because she and Maks both have beautiful, long lines.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3894497;
    It was a very emotional and heartfelt apology. Hopefully Erin, Maks, etc. will acknowledge it and move forward and that it will be a learning experience. Maks of all people should know that at times words that are not meant to be hurtful can be. He has no problem spouting off whatever is on his mind. When has he apologized?
    Granted the two are not equal comparisons; however, that was funny!

I do hope Erin can get past this entire hurtful episode. She seems like such a trooper.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3894653;
    I noticed They looked so happy a couple of weeks ago - I wonder if the media harping on them got to them, or maybe they are cooling it until the show is over? But I read somewhere that Maks was interested in Erin's sister? And Erin was interested in Evan? Maks looked so happy with her though. Who knows......
    It's very curious, isn't it? They were electric onscreen. Odd disconnect, however, in that Maks' tweets are always about Erin. It seemed like they had a smashingly good time in New York. They did have adorable moments during Team Madonna rehearsal and performance. In front of the cameras, though, both during the show and in interviews, they stand independent of each other. The other couples are always in each others' space. It's a stark contrast to their earlier interactions; guess that's why I noticed.

Yes, Evan and Erin, Maks and Kendra are just odd to consider. Whatever works, but I miss the Erin/Maks bickering. They were hilarious.

I thought Evan was dating Nastia Lukin?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

That's been over for some time and I think it was only a relationship in Nastia's mind. Evan never confirmed they were even dating.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread