+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Add to that that they threw around "I love you" along with a host of other public tweets or comments, all of which supported the idea that more was happening behind the cameras. It captivated romantics and drew many people to both of them. Many felt that, by eventually denying any romance in favor of a showmance, that they were "used" for votes. I'd say that, when I read an interview where Maks finally addressed their relationship instead of his and her usual coy evasions, I was frustrated. I could care less about the votes; just be honest with people; why play them?
    Oh, no, veg_out, I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't complaining about viewers thinking that they were used for votes. I actually agree with that, sort of. When Maks and Erin started playing coy in the media, I rolled my eyes. It just seemed like such a stunt to keep people interested. I just had an issue with some of Maks' fans blaming Erin for 'using' Maks and his supposed romantic feelings for her. They did the same thing with Karina and Maks too (although in that case, it was an established, real-life relationship). It's just frustrating how so many people - and this isn't only limited to Maks fans, but society in general - always jump on the woman for any perceived wrongdoing. Derek fans acted the same way when he went on his infamous season 6 rant; they blamed Shannon Elizabeth for corrupting him. Please. These are grown men. People shouldn't blame the women in their lives when they screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;4084055;
    Oh, no, veg_out, I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't complaining about viewers thinking that they were used for votes. It just seemed like such a stunt to keep people interested. I just had an issue with some of Maks' fans blaming Erin for 'using' Maks and his supposed romantic feelings for her.

These are grown men. People shouldn't blame the women in their lives when they screw up.
    I got you Twitter can be a headache; I'm not on it, but in that post, I did want to comment on how it perpetuates some of Erin and Maks' on-going romance saga. Even if a part of me wants to believe that they both authentically represented themselves, I can't deny that, as more and more info comes out about the true nature of Erin and Maks' "thing," I start to wonder if they agreed to help further along each other's career. I have my theories

I 1million% agree with you about the woman catching all the cr@p when something goes "wrong." If anything, it doesn't reflect highly on Maks if he complies with whatever the female's whim. Maks can handle himself.

At this point, the ambiguities of their relationship and the utter confusion of the various things that they've said at times to the press serves one purpose: to keep them relevant and in the press. For Erin, it brought her an entirely new demographic: women. She's not willing to lose that now esp. if she thinks that, down the line, she might want to transition to GMA or a non-sports media circuit.

I think that Maks just has that personality where woman swoon over him (he really is gorgeous) and many of 'em become quite protective of his heart. I find it endlessly fascinating that we all are given to projecting onto celebrities.

I honestly just wish that Maks would just find another woman and start dragging her to public events. (Heck, Erin can find a guy too; it's just that she's less inclined to go public with her men). Then it would shut everyone up

Thanks for posting this article. It gives me some closure on this. I love Maks!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

And the Erin/Maks romance saga continues...

This AM, Niecy Nash, who became a very close friend of Erin's during season 10, tweeted this information: Here's the reason Maks was happy @GraceDawn1: @NiecyNash I'm Missing the smiling, happy Maks from last season. | Plixi

She has followed these tweets up with the following RTs:
    # Encouraging! RT @rescuedogsrok: @NiecyNash Are u outing them or encouraging them?? 2 minutes ago via Echofon

# MNBonnie @NiecyNash Oh, we know that Girlfriend! We miss seeing Happy Maks as well. <<< Awww, Sweet Maks avatar. about 1 hour ago via web in reply to NiecyNash Retweeted by NiecyNash

# wonton12 @NiecyNash ITA & wish/hope they can find that again..so obvious to us they belong together. Can't fake the joy in their eyes when together

From the way it looks, those people who called it a romance last season seem to be correct despite all of the conflicting interviews and claims of showmance reported to date. It seems, though, that Maks might be dating this girl: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4907/264645.jpg. Who knows anymore? I just thought that E/M fans would be intrigued. I don't know what to make of either of them anymore

Do you know the location and date of this photo, perchance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;4109065;
    Do you know the location and date of this photo, perchance?
    It's from the People magazine article done last spring, maybe March?

veg out - THANKS for posting this! I'm so tired of all of the "stuff' going on right now. This really lifted my spirits!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I'm confused. Have Erin and Maks recently been seen together? I adore them together, he seemed so happy. But, then what's the pic with the other blond gal. Hmmm.....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;4110432;
    I'm confused. Have Erin and Maks recently been seen together? I adore them together, he seemed so happy. But, then what's the pic with the other blond gal. Hmmm.....
    Erin was at the show during the 200th episode, and I think the week before. They went out together, but I think that was it. Maks has been linked with another woman recently in the press, whose been spotted at the show and out with him in LA. But, in Hollywood, you get spotted out in the media with someone and you're automatically linked to them. After splitting, Maks and Karina were linked with everyone they were spotted out with for.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4110442;
    Erin was at the show during the 200th episode, and I think the week before. They went out together, but I think that was it. Maks has been linked with another woman recently in the press, whose been spotted at the show and out with him in LA. But, in Hollywood, you get spotted out in the media with someone and you're automatically linked to them. After splitting, Maks and Karina were linked with everyone they were spotted out with for.
    Then karalott - what do you make of Niecy Nash's twitters?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

+ Reply to Thread