+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

After reading the above comments I just had to read the article too......and all I can say to the writer is "jealous much?" what a petty article about Erin. Sounds like it was written in 1910 and not 2010 So, according to her, all journalists (which is implying that all women in the workforce) have to go out and buy suits like Hillary Clinton in order to be taken seriously and not have a stalker? and then to downplay what he did, like it wasn't a crime and that if he'd have waited a few weeks he'd have gotten his satisfaction from just watching the show? that writer is a first-class b--ch to be critisizing Erin for her dance costumes, which were really no different that the majority of the costumes worn by many contestants over the years. It's not like she's wearing that to the stadium for crying out loud. And Hasselbeck has the same opinion it seems.... wow, wonder if she'd be feeling the same way if the same thing happened to her...not that anybody would be interested enough to stalk them....
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I wonder if Joanna Molloy checked into the lives of Katie Couric and Christiane Amanpour before she made her statements. (I don't know the third journalist she used as an example.) I seem to remember Katie wearing some frivolous costumes on Today. Not that it should matter. The writer reminds me of a young school child who sees his teacher at the supermarket and wonders why the teacher isn't at the school. Don't they all live there? Do they really have other lives? What a childish approach to an article about Erin!Ms. Molloy should be reprimanded for this. Her words are no different from the words Elizabeth Hasselbeck first said. Where is the outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3918506;
    I almost registered at NY Daily News just to comment on that article. I'm so sick of people slamming Erin about going on this show and, sorry, I do think some of it is jealousy - not necessarily because of her looks, but because of the attention she's getting, which journalists generally don't get. Also, if it was a male ESPN reporter doing the same stuff Erin does, would anyone be talking about how he can't be on DWTS and be taken seriously as a journalist? I doubt it.
    Isn't this the SAME refrain we got from another columnist a month or more ago?

I dunno. The thing is, Sports reporting is not News reporting. Its more akin to Entertainment reporting, and there's no such strict standard with that. Harping on Erin for this doesn't ONLY seems sexist, it also seems totally ridiculously self-important from sports columnists who are acting like their profession is some sacred cow, where it takes some gigantic amount of credibility to hold a microphone in some sweaty football player's face and ask "so how was the game?" Come on, guys. Come on.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Curious, but I don't recall Kenny Mayne, also an ESPN reporter, getting negative comments for his appearances on DWTS.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3919206;
    Curious, but I don't recall Kenny Mayne, also an ESPN reporter, getting negative comments for his appearances on DWTS.
    Exactly. Or for doing DanceCenter every season, complete with make-up, glitter and the occasional wig.

And you never hear the male celebrities put down for baring their chest in the paso, and they almost always do it, or someone like Chad stripping off his shirt (more than once, if I recall). (Not that I minded! .)

FORT Newbie

Erin covering the National Spelling Bee:

# The ABC Television Network will provide coverage of the championship rounds Friday, June 4, from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. EDT. Chris Harrison, host of ABC's "The Bachelor," and Erin Andrews, sportscaster and "Dancing With the Stars" contestant, will host the ABC broadcast.
    # For the 17th consecutive year, ESPN will be at the Bee, broadcasting the Semifinals Friday, June 4, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT. Sage Steele, co-host of the live daytime "SportsCenter" editions, will host the ESPN broadcast.
    # ESPN3 will air Round Three of the Preliminaries from 1:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. EDT on Thursday, June 3.

Maks' last blog of season 10:

Dancing's Maks: We Are All Winners - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Wow. He's got a lot of pots on the stove in the off season. Looks like he's on for season 11. Won't be the same without EA

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3920103;
    Maks' last blog of season 10:

Dancing's Maks: We Are All Winners - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Wow. He's got a lot of pots on the stove in the off season. Looks like he's on for season 11. Won't be the same without EA
    Thanks for posting the link! I love how Maks is always talking about "paying it forward." He will be busy. It's great that he wants to be there for Val. I hope the time he takes to relax and read a book is the same time Erin can take to relax too.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3920137;
    Thanks for posting the link! I love how Maks is always talking about "paying it forward." He will be busy. It's great that he wants to be there for Val. I hope the time he takes to relax and read a book is the same time Erin can take to relax too.
    Me too!

Maks really has accomplished a lot and he is obviously very driven. I wonder if he will cut back his time on DWTS to every other season. I have to say, I'm not sure I am ready to see him dance with anyone other than Erin.

I do wonder what Erin will end up doing now. She's sounded a little ambivalent about going back to ESPN. Maybe she will follow Robin Roberts' path and split time with GMA. It seems to be where a lot of DWTS alum end up and, of course, would put her in New York...

I kind of expect to see her called in to fill in on some of ABC's other shows or something like Regis & Kelly. She's proven that she is spontaneous and funny, so she would do a good job.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm always ready to see more Maks. Much like his partnership with Mel, I'll feel a void now that he won't be dancing with Erin. As usual, his blog pretty much summed it up nicely. But I'm ready for him to win. He's come so close, and been doing the show for so long. Maks, Tony, Edyta, Anna, Louis, Jonathan...it'd be nice to finally see all of them win at least once. They've all earned it.

+ Reply to Thread