+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Agreeing with both ironcat and northernviewer, I have to add that I don't understand when people say, "Their relationship is none of our business. They need to be left alone." My feeling is that when you sign up for a reality show, you sign up for people becoming interested in you and even speculating about you. That's one reason we come here to read up on the latest and share insights.
    There are those (*cough KHate cough*) who take exception with that. For them I say, then you need to stay off reality shows.
    I don't want to follow anyone behind closed doors or intrude on their personal time, but speculating on their "love life" on a tv board is not doing them any harm.
    I honestly feel that neither Maks nor Erin is really upset with our interest in their relationship - which interest will peter out as the season becomes more distant. (Unless they truely do become a couple!)
    I wish them all the best - they, along with Evan and Anna, were the highlights of the season for me.

We all like happy endings and romance. We seem to be headed in that direction with Maks and Erin, who came into our lives at least once a week. As northernviewer said up thread, we can see more real romance here than on The Bachelor(ette)! I don't think I'm prying. I enjoy seeing couples get together and I think I was watching that. They are both stars and we will see pictures of them from time to time. Maks was already on the radar screen. I think Erin's "Q" rating has probably gone up and she will be now. She definitely will not be only an ESPN reporter any more! I can't wait to see more pictures of the two of them. I will miss seeing them dance, though. Maybe if things work out for them, they'll come back on the show sometime!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Whether Erin and Maks are a couple or not, and whether they have a future together only time will tell. Having to go back to your everyday routines, and then if Maks returns to DWTS, that's going to eat up a lot of his time in the fall and spring (assuming of course he gets a decent partner). Erin's career is very demanding and takes her all over as well. I never really had the impression that she wanted to do anything other than what she was doing, and that she loved sports. I'm not reading into everything they're doing now that they're off the show, but when you put yourself in the public, and play up the romance angle (whether you are or aren't), you have to expect people to be curious. Personally, I've never been big on playing up romances for ratings/drama, whether it be the couple themselves or the show doing it. It could be why both these guys and Chad/Cheryl cooled it for awhile. I just hope Maks has many more enjoyable seasons to come on DWTS as he did this time. This was the most fun I'd seen him have since Mel B. And I'm glad he got past week 4 for the first time since then. I was hoping to get one last blog from him, but even if he's not back for the fall, hope he still does that. These two and Evan/Anna saved the finals for me.

FORT Regular

Ugh. Erin's such a class act and yet she has to be reduced to this?:
    'Dancing with the Stars' finalist and ESPN reporter Erin Andrews can't have it both ways

Really? Again?

Part of what I enjoy about DWTS is seeing people from different worlds and watching how they handle things. How does being on this show make Erin any better or worse as a sports reporter? Or maybe Erin is looking to transition into something else - in most of the interviews I've seen lately, when she's asked about returning to ESPN her answer has been that she's not sure.

I almost registered at NY Daily News just to comment on that article. I'm so sick of people slamming Erin about going on this show and, sorry, I do think some of it is jealousy - not necessarily because of her looks, but because of the attention she's getting, which journalists generally don't get. Also, if it was a male ESPN reporter doing the same stuff Erin does, would anyone be talking about how he can't be on DWTS and be taken seriously as a journalist? I doubt it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Exactly, Critical. Kenny Mayne and Jerry Rice wear crazy make-up and wigs every season on DanceCenter (which I love, BTW). So they can basically cross-dress but Erin can't be the least bit sexy.

Grr. I'm sure there are any number of female broadcasters who would love to go on DWTS.

Erin had already become a 'story' long before she signed on with the show. I enjoyed watching her find herself again. She's been beaming with happiness the last few weeks (possibly something to do with her Russian?) and looks so much more relaxed than in her earlier footage.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3917437;
    Couples who meet on sets often end up together, too. Like Brangelina, or Michael J. Fox and his wife. Etc., etc.
    Absolutely. They fail more often than they succeed, but I'm rooting for Erin and Maks to be one of the real ones.

It is also to their credit that neither of them are married to someone else presently . . . (Yeah, I'm talking to you, Brangelina!) Let's hope that Maks and Erin are a Michael J. Fox-Tracy Pollan connection, indeed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Count me in as being tired of seeing Erin getting slammed, being labeled as a fluff reporter (wouldn't she have the same degrees as any other journalist?), and deserving of what's happened to her. Talk about a double standard. Apparently, she's important enough to them to want to get people reading their petty little articles. These people think they have more journalistic credibility? Erin's a strong, courageous woman, and like I said all season, I hope she lets these comments and articles roll off her back. She's proved she's better than that. I don't know if she's being attacked because she's a reporter or because of the incident, but I'm happy DWTS came into her life when it did. It got her smile back, as she said, and turned into a great opportunity for her. I hope she thinks of all the fans she gained and how admirable many people believe she is. She came out on top no matter how hard these people try and bring her down.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3918666;
    Count me in as being tired of seeing Erin getting slammed, being labeled as a fluff reporter (wouldn't she have the same degrees as any other journalist?), and deserving of what's happened to her. Talk about a double standard. Apparently, she's important enough to them to want to get people reading their petty little articles. These people think they have more journalistic credibility? Erin's a strong, courageous woman, and like I said all season, I hope she lets these comments and articles roll off her back. She's proved she's better than that. I don't know if she's being attacked because she's a reporter or because of the incident, but I'm happy DWTS came into her life when it did. It got her smile back, as she said, and turned into a great opportunity for her. I hope she thinks of all the fans she gained and how admirable many people believe she is. She came out on top no matter how hard these people try and bring her down.
    I read the article as well as a lot of the accompanying comments, and it was very interesting as well as disheartening. The female writer seems to be trying to make a very fine distinction between criticizing Erin using the "Hasselbeck argument" (she is not) vs criticizing her for compromising her creds to be taken as a "serious journalist" by wearing suggestive clothes and shaking her tailfeather(she is). While I got the distinction, I think the idea this writer perpetuates that women who do serious work do not deserve to be taken seriously unless they can remove any bit of implied sexuality from their behavior or appearance lest the uncouth male population be "tempted" by them, is yet another example of letting cavemen off the hook by excusing boorish chauvanism.

What was more upsetting was reading some of the comments from people who still seem to think that being seen naked (let alone by millions and against one's will) is not that much worse than being seen in a bikini. I wonder if most of those who feel that way are men, who as a rule tend to be less concerned about having strangers see their privates than women are. I give Erin even more credit for being a beautiful woman who has to deal with this kind of mentality in her chosen profession on a daily basis apparently.

FORT Fogey

What's so serious about sports anyway? It's not like we are talking world peace, heath care, or education...

The comparisons between Erin and Katie Couric-types are just stupid. Apples to oranges.

I'm not saying that Erin couldn't develop into a Katie Couric-type, but she's dedicated her career to sports - not news. That entire article makes no sense. Elizabeth H. must have written it.

Speaking of Elizabeth H....all she does for a living is gossip on national television. If news trumps sports, then sports trumps gossip.

Elizabeth is as sickening as Kate Gosselin.

+ Reply to Thread