+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3917414;
    I believe Erin is based in Atlanta. They would both have to travel so much for work, though, I doubt either of them is home a lot in their respective cities. Erin's chasing football games and DWTS is filmed in L.A. . .

I also was among the speculators viz. Erin & Maks becoming a real-life couple. Their chemistry together seemed very unique to them--it's kinda like they are cut out of the same cloth: both tall, goofy . . . I think Erin is more self-deprecating than Maks is; he seems to have a pretty high opinion of himself. She plays that zany persona to downplay that breathtaking statuesque beauty of hers. Acting goofy deflects attention she's not comfortable with and could be a defense mechanism against being perceived as being stuck on herself for being such an attractive person (a perception that certainly dogged Nicole, whether or not it's justified.) Erin's energy reminded me of a Lucille Ball or a Carole Lombard or a Cameron Diaz--a really pretty girl taking the clown route. As we know, comedy is usually a refuge for pain, and Erin's had her share this year.

Erin & Maks certainly seem to be a good match; time will tell if their connection survives in real life outside of the hothouse world it evolved in. It's probably for the best that they have vastly different careers. There is a possibility that Maks is still on the rebound and Erin's fragile because of the Incident. They spent so much intense time together recently, it would be natural if that staged attraction has become real. But it could also be like a lot of on-set romances that develop between actors on a movie; simulating romance can often be mistaken for the real thing by the participants themselves, only to find that the ardor has cooled once shooting has wrapped and they try to combine two 'realities'.

We will have to wait and see on these two. If they make each other happy, then I'm all for it.
    Couples who meet on sets often end up together, too. Like Brangelina, or Michael J. Fox and his wife. Etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3917437;
    Couples who meet on sets often end up together, too. Like Brangelina, or Michael J. Fox and his wife. Etc., etc.

I love Erin and Maks & it shouldn't matter to me, but I REALLY hope they do get together. I have never seen Maks look so happy. I think they both could use a little happiness after all of the trouble they have had in the last year. I'm just a hopeless romantic and this season of DWTS has been better (to me anyway) than any Bachelor/ette season I have ever watched (and I have seen them all...).

For so many people seeing what we've seen between Erin and Maks, it just has to be real, maybe we've figured it out and they haven't yet? Either that or they should quit their day jobs and become actors, cause they have an awful lot of us fooled.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3917428;
    I think I read that Erin said to someone, somewhere, that she was thinking of moving to New York. Don't know if that's true or not, but Maks is based in NY.
    Erin said in an interview she had wanted to move to NYC for a long time. As a journalist, there's probably a lot more opportunities for her, and her contract with ESPN was up this year I believe. She seems to enjoy her job so much I can't believe she'd leave it for something else, but she could probably work it out living in NY and working for them.

FORT Regular

Just watched Maks and Erin on Regis and Kelly so I'll do a little summary. They performed their Samba. Regis and Kelly asked about sexual tension but Kelly immediately turned it into a joke, saying that they also get that all the time. Erin talked about going back to ESPN and college football. Maks talked about his studios and paying it forward by working with kids. Nothing new really. They came out again at the end of the show with Evan and Anna and had Maks and Anna teach Regis and Kelly to shake their hips. (Nice shot of Maks' butt.) Maks danced with Kelly for a minute, but broke away and found Erin again. Ended with a deep dip and a really tight embrace. Sweet and a little sad.

Then I saw this on Twitter:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy 28M

On a plane to London...Going to support @VCTheOdysseyKid in his quest to dominate 'British Open'.. (VCTheOdysseyKid is his brother Val, I believe.)

Then this:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy 24M

Hey @ErinAndrewsESPN get on the next flight over the 'pond'...You'll see the best dancing in the world...and we can 'Europe hop'

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3917598;
    Just watched Maks and Erin on Regis and Kelly so I'll do a little summary. They performed their Samba. Regis and Kelly asked about sexual tension but Kelly immediately turned it into a joke, saying that they also get that all the time. Erin talked about going back to ESPN and college football. Maks talked about his studios and paying it forward by working with kids. Nothing new really. They came out again at the end of the show with Evan and Anna and had Maks and Anna teach Regis and Kelly to shake their hips. (Nice shot of Maks' butt.) Maks danced with Kelly for a minute, but broke away and found Erin again. Ended with a deep dip and a really tight embrace. Sweet and a little sad.

Then I saw this on Twitter:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy 28M

On a plane to London...Going to support @VCTheOdysseyKid in his quest to dominate 'British Open'.. (VCTheOdysseyKid is his brother Val, I believe.)

Then this:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy 24M

Hey @ErinAndrewsESPN get on the next flight over the 'pond'...You'll see the best dancing in the world...and we can 'Europe hop'

I was just coming over to post this - He misses her!! Go Erin, Go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3917622;
    I was just coming over to post this - He misses her!! Go Erin, Go!!!!
    It sure seems like he does! After spending so much time together, it would be hard for any of the dancing couples to not see each other constantly, but a couple who was so closely CONNECTED. . .! She's crazy if she doesn't book a flight right away, unless of course she can't because of her job. If I were in her shoes, I'd be on my way to the airport now!!! Can you imagine doing Europe with Maks??

I just watched the clip of Maks and Erin on Regis and Kelly .... and those two are sooooo into each other, there is no way it'll just end now that they've had to go back to their other lives. Now that's reality tv at it's best I saw more real romance with those 2 than I've ever saw on the Bach, that's for sure. I feel like a voyeur, but I want to know what happens with them as time goes by, wishing them the best and hope that they make room in their lives to explore where this could go.

a side point, I noticed on the clip of them doing their freestyle that as soon as Erin went on the bed and Maks joined her and they embraced, the crowd stood up and applauded very enthusiastically, so it's not just us that's feeling the connection between.

and if Erin doesn't want to join Maks across the pond... I'll go
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3917853;
    I just watched the clip of Maks and Erin on Regis and Kelly .... and those two are sooooo into each other, there is no way it'll just end now that they've had to go back to their other lives. Now that's reality tv at it's best I saw more real romance with those 2 than I've ever saw on the Bach, that's for sure. I feel like a voyeur, but I want to know what happens with them as time goes by, wishing them the best and hope that they make room in their lives to explore where this could go.

a side point, I noticed on the clip of them doing their freestyle that as soon as Erin went on the bed and Maks joined her and they embraced, the crowd stood up and applauded very enthusiastically, so it's not just us that's feeling the connection between.

and if Erin doesn't want to join Maks across the pond... I'll go
    I hadn't seen this, but just looked at it too. Unbelievable how into each other they are! I love how at the end he motions her over and they just stand there hugging. I noticed all the way through he kept a pretty close arm around her! So cute to watch them!

FORT Regular

He kept his arm around her waist almost the whole time. And as soon as he let go of Kelly, he turned around and looked a little lost until he found her again. That last embrace was pretty transparent. They are adorable to watch together. She'd better be on a plane to London soon!

+ Reply to Thread