+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

And that's showbiz...kid skedaddle's Avatar

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

I haven't posted on here in over 2 years (since AI season 7!), but I am watching DWTS this season for the first time, and have been lurking on this board the whole time. I just adore Erin and Maks....

I think there is definitely something there between the two of them, but I think they are wisely taking it one day at a time due to the nature of how their relationship came about in the first place. You take either one of the situations that would draw any two people unusually close: 1. the sexy dancing and physical contact for months on end between two extremely attractive people and 2. the whole situation with the stalker along with Maks' unwavering support - and it would cause pretty much anyone to feel a strong attraction toward each other. If I had to guess, they have realized if the relationship can stick after removing these two circumstances...then it's truly something special. Very mature on their part and makes me think they are "real" and not just out for the publicity aspect that so many celebs do strive for *cough*Kate*cough*

....and this makes me love these two even more than I already do

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by skedaddle;3916275;
    I haven't posted on here in over 2 years (since AI season 7!), but I am watching DWTS this season for the first time, and have been lurking on this board the whole time. I just adore Erin and Maks....

I think there is definitely something there between the two of them, but I think they are wisely taking it one day at a time due to the nature of how their relationship came about in the first place. You take either one of the situations that would draw any two people unusually close: 1. the sexy dancing and physical contact for months on end between two extremely attractive people and 2. the whole situation with the stalker along with Maks' unwavering support - and it would cause pretty much anyone to feel a strong attraction toward each other. If I had to guess, they have realized if the relationship can stick after removing these two circumstances...then it's truly something special. Very mature on their part and makes me think they are "real" and not just out for the publicity aspect that so many celebs do strive for *cough*Kate*cough*

....and this makes me love these two even more than I already do
    Good points! I hope they are off on vacation in a very private secluded place. They need time to see if they really love each other in the "real" world and not just in TV land.

Tony is Mak's best friend, and he is married with children. I really think Maks wants the same now, and I heard him say at one point that he wanted someone who was interested in more than a career. He has mentioned a couple of times that they are "naming their children." It might not be too far fetched, and after what Erin has been through she might be ready to get out of the lime light for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;3916526;
    Tony is Mak's best friend, and he is married with children. I really think Maks wants the same now, and I heard him say at one point that he wanted someone who was interested in more than a career. He has mentioned a couple of times that they are "naming their children." It might not be too far fetched, and after what Erin has been through she might be ready to get out of the lime light for awhile.
    I had the same impression regarding Maks wanting to settle down and start a family. I also have read several comments alluding to Maks feeling "betrayed" by Karina, and always interpreted those as her leading him to believe she was ready to put her career on hold soon to marry and have children, then changing her mind or stalling him off when their relationship translated into increased media attention and opportunities for her.

Not sure how career minded Erin is, but whether their "romance" has long term potential or is just for the moment, I just hope they are on the same page and Maks doesn't get hurt again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;3916526;
    Good points! I hope they are off on vacation in a very private secluded place. They need time to see if they really love each other in the "real" world and not just in TV land.

When he and Karina got engaged, that's all I ever heard was how he wanted to start having kids. She wanted to wait until they at least got married, but judging from some of his comments post-break up, I had wondered if maybe kids weren't something she wanted at all. I don't know what led to their break up, but I do feel they had different ideas going into it, and I felt Karina was a little too in love with the media attention she got as a result. From Mak's comment on wanting to keep it private, that seems like the Maks I had seen through the years. As for Erin/Maks, the 'naming kids' come of more of a joke to dance around the question. They've more or less answered it without answering it. I don't know when Erin returns to work and Maks always seems very busy post-DWTS, but it's as good a time as any to see if there's anything that's there and lasting when they aren't together 24/7. There chemistry is like a lot of couples who were speculated to be dating, so even if nothing romantic comes of it, they have a lifelong friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3916553;
    I had the same impression regarding Maks wanting to settle down and start a family. I also have read several comments alluding to Maks feeling "betrayed" by Karina, and always interpreted those as her leading him to believe she was ready to put her career on hold soon to marry and have children, then changing her mind or stalling him off when their relationship translated into increased media attention and opportunities for her.

Not sure how career minded Erin is, but whether their "romance" has long term potential or is just for the moment, I just hope they are on the same page and Maks doesn't get hurt again.
    Go to youtube and do a search for Maksim Chmerkovskiy on Karina Smirnoff - Hollyscoop - there is a 54 second clip of Maks discussing what he wants in a relationship.

Twitter update:

Maks - Haven't had to rehearse & feel like something is missing... Dinner with parents. Hoping to get into better mood and get some normality...
    about 12 hours ago via UberTwitter

Erin - Very tough saying bye to everyone from DWTS..went thru a few tissues after saying bye to @MaksimC..love my new family!
    about 7 hours ago via Twitterrific
    Last edited by Spoil Me; 05-28-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: added twitter update

Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me;3917023;
    Go to youtube and do a search for Maksim Chmerkovskiy on Karina Smirnoff - Hollyscoop - there is a 54 second clip of Maks discussing what he wants in a relationship.

Twitter update:

Maks - Haven't had to rehearse & feel like something is missing... Dinner with parents. Hoping to get into better mood and get some normality...
    about 12 hours ago via UberTwitter

Erin - Very tough saying bye to everyone from DWTS..went thru a few tissues after saying bye to @MaksimC..love my new family!
    about 7 hours ago via Twitterrific
    Interesting! I'm going to comment because I haven't been able to be here for a while. Of course I'm one of the ones who think they are a couple IRL. I just saw too many signs along the way, almost like they had a "crush" on each other. I saw it in the way her looked at her. Their freestyle dance spoke volumes. Also, the last video when Erin "interviewed" him and teased him about his men's cologne line - just the way he is looking at her. . .! Anyway, I imagine they will REALLY miss seeing each other all of the time. He is based in NYC right? And I'm not sure where Erin is. I didn''t "know" Maks when he was engaged and I don't know much about Karina. The few times I've seen her she seems to be a little petulant. A lot of people have commented that he wants a family. So he must be kind of looking for someone who wants the same thing. I don't know how Erin feels - other than the comment she made on Larry King about their kids' being "hot" - but they certainly already have the chemistry part down! They both seemed happy on and off the show, and they both have weathered some recent hard times. I just hope they continue to be happy and enjoy their summer, preferably in each other's company!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3916181;
    I also think their "non-answers" somewhat provide logical proof that something other than just friendship is going on between them. Maybe they haven't figured it out themselves yet, but whatever it is, it's bound to come out eventually in the media. In the meantime, we can dream!
    Honestly, it doesn't prove much other than the fact that the guy has old fashioned manners, and doesn't want his personal life splashed around the tabloids. The default mode for people like that is "its none of your business", and I tend to think that's what he'd say even if nothing was going on. The only case where he wouldn't would be if the suspected situation was hurting the woman somehow (lets say she had a boyfriend who resented the implication even being out there). Then he'd say something. Otherwise? This is right in character.

On Erin's end, it doesn't seem like she'd say anything either way either, because the last thing she probably wants is tabloid attention. Denials probably fuel them almost as much as yeses. Ignoring them and hoping they get bored of the situation is often the right tact.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3917052;
    Interesting! I'm going to comment because I haven't been able to be here for a while. Of course I'm one of the ones who think they are a couple IRL. I just saw too many signs along the way, almost like they had a "crush" on each other. I saw it in the way her looked at her. Their freestyle dance spoke volumes. Also, the last video when Erin "interviewed" him and teased him about his men's cologne line - just the way he is looking at her. . .! Anyway, I imagine they will REALLY miss seeing each other all of the time. He is based in NYC right? And I'm not sure where Erin is. I didn''t "know" Maks when he was engaged and I don't know much about Karina. The few times I've seen her she seems to be a little petulant. A lot of people have commented that he wants a family. So he must be kind of looking for someone who wants the same thing. I don't know how Erin feels - other than the comment she made on Larry King about their kids' being "hot" - but they certainly already have the chemistry part down! They both seemed happy on and off the show, and they both have weathered some recent hard times. I just hope they continue to be happy and enjoy their summer, preferably in each other's company!
    I agree with everything you said here. It's something about the way that they look at each other that just takes your breath away. I remember Maks saying that when they did their 80's rhumba and Erin was dancing alone on stage, he was supposed to be dancing too, but he just stood there watching her. Honestly, he's looked like a smitten kitten for weeks...I think it took Erin a little longer (understandably so).

I noticed that in the packages in the semi's where they talked to their families, it really looks like they both come from tightknit, supportive families. I would expect them both to share those values that they grew up with.

I didn't expect to like Erin, to be honest. I thought she would be stiff, distant and even a little cold, especially with what she's been through. I really admire her now. She seems like a warm and very funny woman and I'm so thrilled that she is in a better place. (Thanks to Maks! .) As for Maks, I think we really did see the real Maks - I didn't see any arrogance and very little ego at all this season. It was nice to see his softer side. They seem to share a playfulness (bet Tom's tushy is still black and blue) and goofiness. They both seem very down-to-earth and real, so opting for privacy makes sense. While I want to know for sure if I really did witness two people falling in love, it really isn't any of my business. But what I see in how the interact and who they are as people, there is something there that looks like it could last in the real world.

Sigh. I really am a sucker for romance. I don't get it on the Bachelor/ette - I only watch that for the over-the-top drama now. Real or not, I did get that in Erin and Maks. Love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3917052;

I believe Erin is based in Atlanta. They would both have to travel so much for work, though, I doubt either of them is home a lot in their respective cities. Erin's chasing football games and DWTS is filmed in L.A. . .

I also was among the speculators viz. Erin & Maks becoming a real-life couple. Their chemistry together seemed very unique to them--it's kinda like they are cut out of the same cloth: both tall, goofy . . . I think Erin is more self-deprecating than Maks is; he seems to have a pretty high opinion of himself. She plays that zany persona to downplay that breathtaking statuesque beauty of hers. Acting goofy deflects attention she's not comfortable with and could be a defense mechanism against being perceived as being stuck on herself for being such an attractive person (a perception that certainly dogged Nicole, whether or not it's justified.) Erin's energy reminded me of a Lucille Ball or a Carole Lombard or a Cameron Diaz--a really pretty girl taking the clown route. As we know, comedy is usually a refuge for pain, and Erin's had her share this year.

Erin & Maks certainly seem to be a good match; time will tell if their connection survives in real life outside of the hothouse world it evolved in. It's probably for the best that they have vastly different careers. There is a possibility that Maks is still on the rebound and Erin's fragile because of the Incident. They spent so much intense time together recently, it would be natural if that staged attraction has become real. But it could also be like a lot of on-set romances that develop between actors on a movie; simulating romance can often be mistaken for the real thing by the participants themselves, only to find that the ardor has cooled once shooting has wrapped and they try to combine two 'realities'.

We will have to wait and see on these two. If they make each other happy, then I'm all for it.

I think I read that Erin said to someone, somewhere, that she was thinking of moving to New York. Don't know if that's true or not, but Maks is based in NY.

+ Reply to Thread