+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3914781;
    I read somewhere that Maks commented on his twitter that he and Erin were private people and they weren't going to comment on their relationship. To me, that says that they're dating or planning to start dating. If they were just friends, no reason not to clear it up now, if only just to get people to stop asking them about it, so they can resume their separate lives.
    I saw the same thing (which I tend to find funny as he was all over the place with Karina). He could just want to leave people with their fantasy I'm a sap for romance but tired of the showmance angle. Maks apparently bought Erin her purple samba costume, and gave it to her before the premiere last night (that was her favorite). Whether they are/aren't, and will stay together now that they're back to the real world, who knows, but they have a friendship that is very special. I gave them all the votes I could but in the end, it I knew it wasn't going to matter. I felt bad for them as last week was basically fighting to get to 3rd place. In a normal season, they probably would have had a legitimate shot of winning. Maks deserves credit for coming up with some creative choreography this season. I'll always love their blindfold waltz, AT, and freestyle especially. Much like Anna, I'm again glad he had a partner that not only allowed him to showcase his talent, but who showed a different side of himself. It could have been coming off of last season and not being with Karina again, but whoever Maks gets next season or next time is going to have a lot to live up to. These two were so much fun to watch. Great job Erin/Maks!

Quote Originally Posted by kendra143;3914976;
    i admit it - I didn't like Nicole's whining "I'm not like other people - I'm an artist" and her "poor me" attitude. I can't stand Derek's cocky behavior so I have a hard time giving him proper credit as a choreographer and a dancer. I really tried to appreciate the great dancing they did. I loved Anna. Evan tried - that little wooden boy. The only couple that actually gave me goosebumps when they danced were Erin and Maks. I admit Erin was not the most accomplished dancer, but by the end of the season she had a spark that made you look at her and get lost in the dance and when it was over you wanted it to keep going. I never once felt that with Nicole and Derek. I just wanted those smug faces to go away for some reason. No matter how well they danced. Just my opinion.
    Our (not-so) little wooden boy was ranked correctly last night--he was not in Nicole's league. But I would have loved to see him win anyway, because he was the fan favorite (the audience loved Evan & Anna; they were impressed with Nicole & Derek--big difference). I give Erin and Maks big kudos. Their freestyle was very awkward and did not show either of them to advantage, but I have been most impressed, of all our dancers, by Erin's personal growth over the weeks. She is lovely, with a refreshing kind of coltishness and goofiness that makes her so likeable. She is as gorgeous as Nicole and could come across as stuck-up, but doesn't.

Just wanted to give kudos to 'our little wooden boy' for his growth over the season, too which is huge. Evan and Anna's tango was not the best, but in my opinion, Evan bettered Derek in the 'showing off your lady' department. He was closer to the spirit of tango, if not absolute ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3914996;
    We really don't know why the changes were made, but I do think they ended up benefitting Nicole. Considering she and Evan were neck and neck for most of the season, a 7 point differential in the finale is big. Compared to say season 5, where Mel/Maks, even with a lackluster FS, ended up only one point ahead of Helio/Julianne, despite performing 2 other dances that were far superior. I actually think it was after those finale results that the judges resolved to not keep the scores so close among the finalists unless it was totally merited.
    I think the change did benefit Nicole, but only because she danced the best. (in my and the judges opinion).
    Had Erin danced the best she would have benefitted from the change and those extra points might have been enough to get into into the top two.

I think in general people have a tendancy to think their favourite is as well-liked by everyone as he/she is by them so it's impossible for that person to lose in a straight out fan vote.
    We do know that all the final four couples were leading in fan votes at one point or another, so it shouldn't be impossible to believe that Nicole had the most fan votes and the most points.
    For all we know Erin getting ten points more than Nicole might not have made any difference at all if Nicole was far enough ahead in fan votes.

That's what bothers me, the assumptions people are making that the competition is fixed, the voting is discounted and changes are made specifially to benefit a person other than their favourite.
    We simply don't have the information to make those leaps.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3915010;
    I think the change did benefit Nicole, but only because she danced the best. (in my and the judges opinion).
    Had Erin danced the best she would have benefitted from the change and those extra points might have been enough to get into into the top two.

I think in general people have a tendancy to think their favourite is as well-liked by everyone as he/she is by them so it's impossible for that person to lose in a straight out fan vote.
    We do know that all the final four couples were leading in fan votes at one point or another, so it shouldn't be impossible to believe that Nicole had the most fan votes and the most points.
    For all we know Erin getting ten points more than Nicole might not have made any difference at all if Nicole was far enough ahead in fan votes.

That's what bothers me, the assumptions people are making that the competition is fixed, the voting is discounted and changes are made specifially to benefit a person other than their favourite.
    We simply don't have the information to make those leaps.
    Yes, the changes that were made this season, and in every season since season 5, seem to be in order to benefit whoever the judges believe to be the best dancer (and to minimize the power of the fan vote). This season that was Nicole.

If Tom had never announced how close the fan voting was during the semifinals, would you or anyone else be likely to be any more suspicious about a possible "fix", by any chance? What if they had made that same announcement during last season, when everyone suspected Donny, with his huge fan base, was running away with it? Just food for thought.

Maks tweeted this:

And no, @ErinAndrewsESPN
    and I will not talk about our relationship. We're both very private
    people and will remain that way. Love you all!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

We know they 'cleaned' up Gilles votes in Season 8 which gave Shawn to win - so how is that different from fixing scores so that they get the outcome they want. What was it about gilles that they didn't want him as F1 and felt the need to question votes?? Do they 'clean' the votes every season?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3915074;
    Maks tweeted this:

And no, @ErinAndrewsESPN
    and I will not talk about our relationship. We're both very private
    people and will remain that way. Love you all!
    Whatever their relationship is I wish them well and will not pry. I hope others will do the same. After Erin's experience it's the least people can do for them.

Oh, please let me pry! I'm terribly curious and would love to know if there's anything there, post show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3915093;
    Oh, please let me pry! I'm terribly curious and would love to know if there's anything there, post show.
    I think there is, and believe there 'the freestyle is our story' said it all (maybe a little too well ) You know the paparrazi will find out. I wish them the best whatever the case may be. I wouldn't be surprised if them not wanting to reveal their status has everything to do with Erin's ordeals. She has mentioned wanting to move to NYC, and his tweet seems like there's something. But again, it could just be so people keep the fantasy. Either way, I'll miss these two together.

Ultimately it's none of our business if they're dating - we may want to know, but that doesn't mean they have to tell us. I say leave them alone!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread