+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

I'm with all of you who think that Erin and Maks were the best part of the season. They were the highlights of each episode, especially the footage of them practicing, and how touchy, feely they were with each other after they danced they were the winners to me, and like I've said before, they're the epitome of dancing with the stars is all about. oh and I never missed a second of watching Chad...sigh.....
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3914356;
    I watched till the end, but the second hour, after Erin and Maks got eliminated, was kind of boring. The other 2 couples may have been better dancers, but let's face it, their personalities (and that of their pros; well, okay, Derek is just annoying) were pretty lackluster, and it was really Erin and Maks that made the show interesting towards the end. Even on GMA this morning, their humor carried the segments they were on.

It became clear once they ranked the AT that Nicole would be the winner. The format of the finale this season made it easy for the judges to assure that Evan's bigger fanbase couldn't overcome Nicole's lead in points. In retrospect, I think the producers felt the show would lose too much credibility (like it really has any?) if, after promoting Nicole as the best dancer to ever be on the show, she didn't win.
    Agree with your entire post - I watched more Parenthood than DWTS during the last hour.

re: the bolded - we are asked to vote and we do, and in the end they still decide who they want to have win - why bother voting??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3914397;
    Agree with your entire post - I watched more Parenthood than DWTS during the last hour.

re: the bolded - we are asked to vote and we do, and in the end they still decide who they want to have win - why bother voting??
    I think they should have to publish the results of all the voting, I know I'd like to see who had the popular vote in all this. If Nicole was leading it by a huge number, I'd like to know this and might feel better about her win... if not, somebody should be raising a stink about it, and the legitimacy of the voting, especially as it costs money to vote.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I turned off the show after Erin and Maks were eliminated. I just didn't want to watch the Nicole-fest. She IS talented and can dance, but was too good for the show.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Congrats to Erin and Maksim. Great work.

I too found it pretty boring after she was eliminated. I knew she had no chance to win, but I couldn't get up much excitement to see Nicole win, and Evan's dancing still reminds me of Mr. Data. As others have said, Erin and Maks were the most interesting couple this season.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Maks said, "send us to the finals and we'll answer the questions as to whether or not we're a couple." Well, they went to the finals and I want to know! Are they or aren't they? (Or was their freestyle the answer to that?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3914758;
    Maks said, "send us to the finals and we'll answer the questions as to whether or not we're a couple." Well, they went to the finals and I want to know! Are they or aren't they? (Or was their freestyle the answer to that?
    I think they answered that with the FS. When I watched the replay of Monday night's dances, I noticed that when Maks was talking about the FS in the clip before the dance, he said that it's basically the story of him and Erin.

Quote Originally Posted by acb2009;3914769;
    I think they answered that with the FS. When I watched the replay of Monday night's dances, I noticed that when Maks was talking about the FS in the clip before the dance, he said that it's basically the story of him and Erin.
    I read somewhere that Maks commented on his twitter that he and Erin were private people and they weren't going to comment on their relationship. To me, that says that they're dating or planning to start dating. If they were just friends, no reason not to clear it up now, if only just to get people to stop asking them about it, so they can resume their separate lives.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3914397;
    we are asked to vote and we do, and in the end they still decide who they want to have win - why bother voting??
    Thank goodness for FORT & the East coast viewers. When I read that the judges were stacking the vote so that the viewers' votes wouldn't count, I knew what was coming. I turned off the TV & didn't waste my time. It only would have made me mad to watch.
    This is what I've been afraid would happen. We are told that the viewers are the most important part of the vote. They stress that we "have to vote for (our) favorites" to keep them there & determine the winner. Bullpucky!!!
    We've been duped!
    I knew that's been the reason for the finale night dances & votes by the judges. The wanted to be able to re-stack the deck to their own personal favorite.
    If Nicole was the clear viewer pick, I would have been fine with it. She's clearly a great dancer (& was even before the show) & seemed to be having a lot of fun with it. I actually liked her personality a lot, except for the poor me whining.
    What I'm NOT fine with is that our votes didn't count.
    I'll probably still continue to watch, but my eyes are opened & I will NOT be wasting my time voting. And if I see another situation like this season (and last), I won't waste my time watching either.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I'll really miss watching the Erin/Maks connection. They were SO cute together! After Erin and Maks were eliminated, the show was just blah blah Nicole to me. I hope they are dating, and are a couple that lasts a really long time

+ Reply to Thread