+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3896096;
    Who wouldn't have sympathy for Erin after the truly awful things that woman said! I agree the "apology" was ALL about Elizabeth nothing about Erin. She should have lost her job over those remarks. If it had been a man who said that, I'm sure he would have already been gone....
    TPTB on The View were so clearly on board with her decision to make that comment that it would be unfair to fire her, much as I'd like to see her nasty, talentless behind gone.

I'm not sure why Melissa feels the need to answer questions about her impressions of other couple's relationships. She needs to shut her big yap, imo.

I can't say I'm a fan of Erin or of her dancing really, but I think she's carried herself with a lot of dignity. I really hope she doesn't accept any invitation to appear on The View so Hasselbeck can try to rehab her image further.
    Don't fall for it, Erin.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm glad Erin is determined not to let the idiots out there alter the way she lives her life. She has a backbone and I respect her for it. You go girl! I want to see Erin in the finals. She has something sorely lacking these days, character.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Erin has the right partner in helping through her various ordeals that have plagued her this season. Not to take away from any other male pro, but Maks seems to be really good at trying to seperate the drama from the show. When word about Erin's death threats came out, she said he let her dwell on it for a minute and then got her focusing back on the dance they were doing that week. Maks has certainly been known to have foot in mouth but he normally just lets it slide off his back unless he was misquoted. It probably stings what people have been saying about Erin, and it wasn't definitely tasteless that she got singled out, but she should know so many people are supporting her and admiring her. Of the 5 left, she deserves to be standing there with the final 3. Combined with being in the bottom 2 this past week, Elisabeth's comments, and two very hot dances coming up, I think she'll be sitting pretty in the semi's. Then it's up to the fans to get her those last steps.

I'm not sure why Melissa feels the need to answer questions about her impressions of other couple's relationships. She needs to shut her big yap, imo.
    I'm not sure why ABC cares to torture us poor folks who've had enough of Melissa by having her comeback for even more pointless filler segments and this DAD that Tom has been hyping all season. Is this what her new paycheck will be for, reporting what her gut feelings are telling her?

Has Maks ever choreographed an AT for DWTS? He's done the tango; he danced Derek's AT choreography with Joanna. If he hasn't, this dance might be very interesting....oooh, just got excited!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3896173;
    Has Maks ever choreographed an AT for DWTS? He's done the tango; he danced Derek's AT choreography with Joanna. If he hasn't, this dance might be very interesting....oooh, just got excited!!!
    I think Joanna's AT was all his choreography. I thought they decided it was easier to start from scratch and that she and Derek didn't get much done. Either way, that was the one time I could actually tolerate Joanna's dancing last season. Too bad they had that trip up Aside from that, no. The AT was just added in season 8, and he didn't last long enough then to do it. I still feel cheated we didn't get to see him do a lambada.

Since there's the 'are they or aren't they' rumors still going on, along with them just looking hot together, I think these dances are going to be something else. Erin's longs legs might not hinder her so badly here.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3896175;
    I think Joanna's AT was all his choreography. I thought they decided it was easier to start from scratch and that she and Derek didn't get much done.

Since there's the 'are they or aren't they' rumors still going on, along with them just looking hot together, I think these dances are going to be something else. Erin's longs legs might not hinder her so badly here.
    I only watched the Joanna AT on youtube which posted rather fierce pro-Derek comments regarding the choreography I'll take your word over theirs regarding the originator. If it was Maks's doing, WOW. Way cool stuff.

About the rumors/Melissa: Mel is owned by ABC in many ways. They've made her a star. Flaming the embers of "are they/aren't they?" regarding the showmances entices the die-hard romantics to keep tuning in. Nothing like pulling a Maks/Erin on people by sorta saying that they look together but then saying "but it's anyone's guess." They make for great TV. Sure, I'm the biggest fan of a real romance , but it's more important the way he's treated her and defended her honor. Whatever else happens, well, it's a bonus.

About Andrews vs. Hasselback: one columnist went as far as to suggest that ABC knew exactly what it was doing in spotlighting Erin on The View; as if to suggest that the terrible comment was a ploy to move her into serious contention for the mirrorball.
    This catfight is going to have a happy ending - News - FOX Sports on MSN. I can't imagine ABC exploiting her situation to this extent. That would be terrible

Erin's slated to be on ET tomorrow and then on Jay Leno tomorrow night. I imagine that all of this publicity will surely keep them safe next week. They might not even need to dance but oh, we're soooooo excited that they are

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3896183;
    About the rumors/Melissa: Mel is owned by ABC in many ways. They've made her a star.

About Andrews vs. Hasselback: one columnist went as far as to suggest that ABC knew exactly what it was doing in spotlighting Erin on The View; as if to suggest that the terrible comment was a ploy to move her into serious contention for the mirrorball.
    This catfight is going to have a happy ending - News - FOX Sports on MSN. I can't imagine ABC exploiting her situation to this extent. That would be terrible

Erin's slated to be on ET tomorrow and then on Jay Leno tomorrow night. I imagine that all of this publicity will surely keep them safe next week. They might not even need to dance but oh, we're soooooo excited that they are
    WOW - that article! I'm so tired of guessing which reality shows are "real"! I honestly don't know any more. This isn't the first article I've heard about that said the whole thing is a set up. Do I think Erin can win it after all this? I really don't, but maybe that was the plan all along. Now if Melissa is owned by ABC (can't they make her a kiddie show host or something to get her out of our faces?), is Erin the next one to undergo this treatment? Will she go back to her sports on ESPN? Or will she leave them for ABC? I'm sure ABC would love to have her. Do they have a connection with ESPN? Are they up for broadcasting rights for prime time football soon? How much of THIS show is real? Are those nebulous combined scores on the up and up?

I think Erin's a great dancer who is giving it her all, in spite of what she's had to endure.

I hope she and Maks are a couple IRL. He seems to prefer strong-willed women.

But I don't think she deserves to win. I'd like to see Evan get the trophy. He's a better dancer, as is Nicole, but I don't want her to win!

If this has all been a set up all along (I just can't believe it has, but I'm getting so cynical about these shows), then. . .

FORT Fogey

What Elizabeth said is her opinion. Do I agree, no, but she has the right to voice what she wants to in this country. And why would she be fired for causing an uproar? That is the basis for that show differeing opinions by differing women. If anything she should get a raise for causing such a stir. Erin is a big girl, and can handle it. I think we sometimes take things more personally than the stars themselves. And if she sticks around in a dance contest for sympathy for a twit and her comment instead of her dancing, than that is just pathetic.

Despite what Elisabeth said about Erin being a produced segment, I highly doubt it was contrived to gain Erin sympathy. If so, those at ABC are pathetically unaware that there are many, many people who do entirely believe that if a woman wears a short skirt and is then then sexually assaulted that she was 'asking for it', so to speak. Erin deals with an extension of this kind of unevolved closed-minded sexism every day as a sports reporter.

It's only been in the past decade or so in sports that women have been allowed into men's locker rooms to do interviews and there was a huge backlash against it with even somewhat prominent male athletes behaving very badly by dropping their towels in front of women reporters and other obnoxious incidents. The backlash about Erin on DWTS, the death threats and the ridiculous assumption that Erin deserved to be violated by a sexual predator because she is getting on with her life and trying to have fun are all an extension of that. And what Elisabeth did encourages all of that, not sympathy toward Erin since evolved people already had a high opinion of Erin understanding what she has been through and the courage and strength she demonstrates.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I didn't have time to read that 'catfight' article before and just glanced over it to make sure it didn't alter how I view this incident. Not only did this guy who wrote the article insult my childhood hero Emmitt Smith - who is the all-time leading rusher of the NFL you d-bag - he is talking about a 'catfight' and calls Erin 'Sideline Barbie'.

I rest my case about sexism.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread