+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3894711;
    I just watched the video clips of the original segment and Elisbeth's apology. Surprised at how much Elisabeth made the apology all about her, her feelings, etc. Heartfelt and sincere apologies are straight up, "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings". Not this, I was so sad wah wah wah, Grace Grace Grace wah wah wah, I just felt so bad. No she didn't apologize for the remark, just for "hurting Erin's feelings." Not the same thing. Also noticed that the original piece was a produced segment, not an off the cuff remark. Gabrielle and Sherry comment on discussing it before the show. Erin is also owned an apology by the producers of the show.

Exactly - the words that were glaringly missing were "I'm sorry, I was wrong - I should not have said that.

She did make it all about her and Grace and hurting Erin's feelings. she boggles my mind.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3895332;
    Exactly - the words that were glaringly missing were "I'm sorry, I was wrong - I should not have said that.

She did make it all about her and Grace and hurting Erin's feelings. she boggles my mind.
    Re Bolded..

This is what I wanted to hear, but of course she made it all about herself, as per usual.

Erin has a strong support system, thankfully, and she's one heck of a determined woman. I applaud her for refusing to play the victim.

I also hope that production stops showing "fighting" footage of the pair, as I believe this has hurt her in the voting as it did for Jake.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I would have like to have heard "I'm sorry, I was wrong, you have the right to wear whatever you like, I'm going to go slink away now and never share my inane views with the public again."

To say "I should not have said it" just isn't enough. It's better to say, "I should not have even THOUGHT it."

Saying "I'm sorry that what I said hurt your feelings" isn't the same as "I'm sorry I said the things I said." The first one puts the blame on the person the comment was made about, the second blames the speaker.

In an interview I read with Erin, she said she didn't need an apology. I took that to mean that she didn't care about Elizabeth. She's been through enough this year that those ignorant yammerings are nothing in comparison.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

People Magazine posted a little interview with Melissa about her stint this week. They asked about showmances, and she basically said that she got a friendship vibe from Chad and Cheryl but a romantic vibe from Erin and Maks.

When I'm mediating between my students, one has hurt another's feelings or done some wrong to the other, I do not accept "I'm sorry." That's not an apology. More than likely that's "I'm sorry I was caught," or "I'm sorry this isn't over yet," or something like that. An apology is "I apologize for ________". There isn't a "but" at the end or it's not an apology. The other student can say "I accept" or "I will think about your apology," or "I do not accept."

It's very simple. An apology uses the word, states exactly what you are apologizing for, and does not try to justify any part of it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't agree with Elisabeth's views on most everything, but I did think her apology was sincere.
    I also feel that it was not Elisabeth just speaking off the cuff when she first made the statement. It was an actual scripted segment on the show. Geddie has been pushing the envelope in a quest for ratings for years now. That's why Elisabeth's on the show.
    Most of the time, all the women are shouting. Whoopi is, most often, the only voice of sanity. Elisabeth was very wrong to make her stupid comments about Erin. I would not be surprised, though, if a lot of this was initially orchestrated by the producer and the network. Both shows are on ABC.
    Erin was in the bottom 2 this week. She's not as popular as Chad or Niecy, though she's a better dancer than the both of them.
    I think a lot of this is to garner sympathy for Erin and garner her more votes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

that's a pretty nasty way to garner sympathy votes - and yeah the segment was pre-arranged with the pics of Erin the outfits on the screen behind them.

I dont' believe she was sincere at all - she spoke more about herself and how she felt and her daughter than she did about how what she said may have affected Erin. She was sincerely apologetic that she had to apologize - she had humiliated herself and couldnt' muster the respect a proper apology requires.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3895895;
    that's a pretty nasty way to garner sympathy votes - and yeah the segment was pre-arranged with the pics of Erin the outfits on the screen behind them.

I dont' believe she was sincere at all - she spoke more about herself and how she felt and her daughter than she did about how what she said may have affected Erin. She was sincerely apologetic that she had to apologize - she had humiliated herself and couldnt' muster the respect a proper apology requires.

Who wouldn't have sympathy for Erin after the truly awful things that woman said! I agree the "apology" was ALL about Elizabeth nothing about Erin. She should have lost her job over those remarks. If it had been a man who said that, I'm sure he would have already been gone....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

'Dancing With the Stars' Costumer Says He May 'Go Sexier' After Elisabeth Hasselbeck Criticizes Erin Andrews on 'The View' - StyleList

'Dancing With the Stars' Costumer Says He May 'Go Sexier' After Elisabeth Hasselbeck Criticizes Erin Andrews on 'The View'
    by Beth Cooney Fitzpatrick Posted May 5th 2010 at 6:32PM

Long-legged sportscaster and "Dancing With the Stars" leading lady Erin Andrews has let it be known that Elisabeth Hasselbeck's prim opinions of her sexy ballroom costumes are about as welcome as the stalkers who harassed her during the past year.

Andrews told People she was "disappointed" in "The View" co-host's suggestion that her revealing dance-floor attire would have pleased her stalkers -- and spared one of them six months of prison time if he had only put off his peeping until showtime.

The comments, Andrews said, "were a slap in the face to victims of stalking and sexual predators."

Today, Emmy-winning "DWTS" costume designer Randall Christensen told StyleList exclusively that he just may go "sexier" with Andrews to put Hasselbeck in her place.

"Watch out now," he said. "I am taking this as a challenge, because trust me, I could do more with her."

When Christensen first heard Hasselbeck's comments, he was shocked. "Hello, did the woman just crawl out of a cave? Has she seen the show? The costumes are all sexy," he said.

"Erin isn't wearing more or less than anyone. If anything, I've been tame with her, because the woman would look sexy in a sack... Erin can't help but be sexy -- she's tall and beautiful and has the body of a model."

And sometimes, that can mean trouble. In March, a man was sentenced to prison for taping Andrews through a hotel peephole as she undressed and then posting the footage on the Internet. Andrews has also received e-mail death threats while competing on "DWTS."

On Tuesday's episode of "The View," Hasselbeck said she thought Andrews's costumes have been unusually revealing over the past three weeks.

StyleList was in the audience for that show, and we can report that Andrews's costume showed almost no skin.

According to Christensen, when the dancing partners met with him to discuss next week's costumes, they were clearly upset by Hasselbeck's statements.

But, he says, "It's what I would expect from that woman. Some of the things that come out of her mouth are kind of absurd."

Not surprisingly, Hasselbeck has since apologized to Andrews. Feeling bad after Tuesday's show, she went home and discussed her comments with her 5-year-old daughter, Grace.

"She said to me, 'Mommy, why don't you just call Erin and tell her you're sorry?'" Hasselbeck said on "The View" today.

"So, thankfully, I listened to her -- she's a wise little girl -- and I did. So, I'm really sorry, and I wanted to offer that publicly too, even though I did follow that advice."
    Now every news source reporting the issue is calling it the Erin vs Elisabeth "feud". I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but a show I was watching asked the ladies of the Today show what they thought. Meredith supported her former View co-host but didn't say she agreed with her choice of words. Kathie Lee said if she had a body like Erin's she'd be wearing less. I agree

As for Melissa's comments-could be, as the pros and their partners would probably know if there was any real romancing going on behind the scenes. Melissa's friends with Tony, and he's Maks's buddy. So maybe she knows a little something we don't (it's a slow night and I'm a sap for romance). As tiring as the showmances can get week after week, and I worry for next season they'll turn it into "Dancing at the Singles Mixer" since Chad/Cheryl and Erin/Maks's romance rumors have gotten more buzz than usual. I think there's a lot of reasons why they might have cooled it or if they're waiting until after the season. Most of the pros seem to want to keep their private lives just that, and though Maks had a very public romance with Karina, I don't get that was what he really wanted.

+ Reply to Thread