+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The swing marathon was a flop. I wanted it to work but it didn't. This was partly the poor camera angles; partly the marathon noobs (winging it); and other stuff, too. I've seen the pros do it and it's great.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3887252;
    Just my opinion...

Jake was overscored. Erin was way underscored (Len is an idiot, and his gimmick schtick is old and it is uneven), Evan was WAY underscored (no way in HELL that his dance was on par with Jake and Niecy), and the Ringer is sailing away with the judges.

Tonight's show was very predictable, in my opinion. Once I saw Jake get three seven's after practically falling down, I knew what was ahead.

I'm still giving my votes to Chad and Cheryl and will continue to until they are voted off. If and or when they are voted off, my votes go to Evan and Erin.

The judges suck this season.

The bolded is what got to me tonight. Jake did not deserve a 21 after that dance. Len, of all people, gave him a pass for running into the step and practically falling, saying the step was there, I'm not going to hold it against you ... or something like that. Really? Isn't that part of executing a routine? You're supposed to know where your feet are and where obstacles on the stage are, and perform your dance so as not to trip and fall down!

If that had been Chad who made that mistake he would have been reamed for it. Pam, Niecy, and Erin would be also. But, Jake gets a pass and an attaboy on a great dance.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3887073;
    I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of Evan going before finale. He'll beat Nicole in the end. If anyone was to go in a shocker down the line it would be Nicole not Evan. Essentially there are 5 people fighting for 1 spot in the finale.
    Agreed - he's not going anywhere. Why the scoring was lopsided probably has to do with the fanbases. He could very well slide to F3 if he got injured and had to submit a rehearsal instead of a dance (like Melissa did for her Jive - I think it was her Jive).

I suspect Nicole's fanbase isn't that great and they're doing their best to keep both - but it only shows how much this show is manipulated.

In the end, it will be Nicole and Evan in the F3 - who the 3rd dancer remains to be seen.

Loved that Bruno pointed out to Len that Erin's scores shouldn't reflect the choreography - 'bout time someone said it on air.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

So was Erin dressed as feather duster to hide her hip action? I suspect that was the reason. She seems quick with her feet and can handle her arms, so perhaps they were hiding her hips for a reason.

I thought the scoring was pretty much a mess tonight. Jake too high, Niecy about right, Chad too high, Evan too low, all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx
    The bolded is what got to me tonight. Jake did not deserve a 21 after that dance. Len, of all people, gave him a pass for running into the step and practically falling, saying the step was there, I'm not going to hold it against you ... or something like that. Really? Isn't that part of executing a routine? You're supposed to know where your feet are and where obstacles on the stage are, and perform your dance so as not to trip and fall down!

If that had been Chad who made that mistake he would have been reamed for it. Pam, Niecy, and Erin would be also. But, Jake gets a pass and an attaboy on a great dance
    Niecy and Erin would have, I agree with that. But I think they coddle Pam, and I think it's to make up for the lack of votes from the viewers.
    This is my greatest objection of the night- Chad complaining that the judges are too hard on him! What? I find they score him far too highly for what he does. Mostly what he does do is pose a lot. Then he takes a step. Then poses. There haven't been many dances where he has done much more. It's far easier to look good when you aren't doing anything.
    To put things in perspective, Chad got the highest score from Len tonight. There's nothing right about that.

ETA: because I forgot to mention the swing dance... Also messed up! Chad was stumbling around the stage half the time. Take a look if you can get the chance. I find Niecy to be a better dancer, though the rolling on her partner thing was really stupid.

Loved Chad and Cheryl last night and all of my votes went to them. I thought Evan and Anna scores were way to low because they were awesome.

FORT Fanatic

The scores last night were all crazy. Evan was waaaaay underscored and Nicole was waaay overscored.

It was nice to see Erin get some recognition finally.

The swing dance was a big mess. Jake and Chelsie should not have gone out first. Erin and Maks should have won.

I just do not understand CA and Bruno's obsession with Nicole. They will keep overscoring her to keep her in. Based on what I have read, I have not seen very many people who are voting for her. Not sure what kind of fan support she could possibly have.

I've been voting for Erin/Maks because although they are my second favorite couple, I felt they were in the most danger. Evan/Anna are my favorite and after the judges' scores tonight I had to vote them. I loved their dance. I'm not a dance expert, so perhaps some of the criticism was spot on...I don't know. But to get lower or the same as a few others? No way!

Niecy did do better tonight, but I am done with her humor. I do think Jake has improved each week, however he does a major stumble each week. If I had my way, Niecy would go this week but it'll likely be Jake. The one I'd REALLY like to see go is Nicole, but that will never happen.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3887403;
    If I had my way, Niecy would go this week but it'll likely be Jake.
    I don't think so. I've been learning a lot about how things work on this show, and I think they'll keep Jake around until ABC gives them "permission" to let him go. They have an upcoming Bachelorette to promote. It started last night, but I think they'll wait another week or two until they show more clips.

I love Niecy, but it's not exactly that we can keep everyone. I think she should be the one. She's done well.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3887397;
    The scores last night were all crazy. Evan was waaaaay underscored and Nicole was waaay overscored.

It was nice to see Erin get some recognition finally.

The swing dance was a big mess. Jake and Chelsie should not have gone out first. Erin and Maks should have won.

I just do not understand CA and Bruno's obsession with Nicole. They will keep overscoring her to keep her in. Based on what I have read, I have not seen very many people who are voting for her. Not sure what kind of fan support she could possibly have.
    Well, she's got mine. And I really didn't know who she was before the season started. Which may be her biggest problem: very few DWTS fans knew who she was, and after seeing how good she is, they instantly think of her as another Mya, which may or may not be fair.

I didn't vote last night, but I may do so now, since there's an hour left, and split them b/w Pam and Nicole.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Sheeesh, Max, are you suicidal? Len hates you enough already.

Maks Lashes Out at Len Goodman: You're "Too Old to Be On" DWTS!

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is lashing out at Len Goodman after the judge criticized him for ripping off his shirt on Monday's Dancing With the Stars.

Chmerkovskiy, 30, and his partner, ESPN anchor Erin Andrews, got 9s from judges Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba for their samba. But Goodman, 66, gave them a 7 because he felt Chmerkovskiy's decision to rip off his shirt during the dance was gimmicky. "I'm fed up, Maks, with shirts coming off!" he snapped. "She's too good for that!"

"Len is wrong one billion percent," Chmerkovskiy told UsMagazine.com after the show. "He said we didn't have enough substance in samba. Are you out of your mind? I could give you a list right now, probably would take about three pages, of all the steps we did in samba. This is what I do for a living! I know that not everyone knows what goes into this, but I go back to running four very successful dance studios. I have a staff of about 50. I have trained a ton of US champions and world champions, and I've coached [everyone] from juveniles to professionals. Don't tell me what I didn't do right because you're wrong! And if that means you're too old to be on this show and judge, then that's what it means.

"My job here is to support Erin, to teach her, and to try to show her what to do," he continued.

Chmerkovskiy said Goodman shouldn't be surprised by his fiery remarks.

"He can't say that stuff without expecting me to say something back," Chmerkovskiy told Us. "This is my job. If you're going to call me out, expect me to defend myself."
    News - Maks Lashes Out at Len Goodman: You're "Too Old to Be On" DWTS! - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

+ Reply to Thread