+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3887186;
    I do think Maks has used too many gimmicks and I think Len is trying to tell him he doesn't need to. He has someone with some dance experience and who has rhythm. He's used a blindfold, menu, and now stripped during dance. If it was just 1 it wouldn't be bad but now it's too much. And the strip took away from the dance because you then look at him versus her and she was dancing well. If he just did a straight dance I think she could keep up with the top in weeks to come but if he keeps pushing it because he's made at the judges he will punish the wrong person.
    But those weeks required gimmicks-a story week and then then the movies. Jake danced pantless and took seconds away from the actual dance to put his pants back on. Nicole/Derek didn't do a proper quick step and danced with mops. And I'd even go as far to argue tonight that Niecy/Louis's AT ending with him keeping her from was gimmicky. Otherwise, I'd agree, but because two weeks called for themes and gimmicks I can't get what Len is saying. I feel like Erin/Maks are screwed by the judges no matter what they do.

I can understand this from the judges' point of view: in both cases with Nicole, it was really Derek's choregraphy at fault, not her performance of it; she performed what Derek gave her correctly. With Evan, the problem was in his execution, not anything Anna did. I think the judges prefer not to penalize the star for a pro's misguidance whenever possible, which to me is fair.

Nicole does have Mya's seriousness and competitiveness, which I can see would be a turn-off to some. But I think she has 10x the personality that Mya had, even if she doesn't turn it up to 11 all the time the way someone like Niecy does. She should try to lighten up more, but overall I enjoy watching her dance, which is all it takes for me to forgive other things. This was really true for me with Li'l Kim, when others wanted to judge her past rather than her performance and gracious behavior on the show. I loved watching Kim dance, but I did not enjoy watching Mya or Melissa dance. At that point, it's open season on them.
    This could probably tie in with what I said above about Erin/Maks-is he getting judged or her? And should the celeb get points taken off because they get crap choreography, which they don't have control over, or because of something their pro does? I guess that's murky, because if a celeb dances really well, but overall the choreography lacks, I'm not sure they should be getting brownie points as a result. It also doesn't help when the judges tend to be all over with some couples and scoring them differently. The thing that made Mya even more boring for me was Dmitry. He's pretty to look at but the two of them together was like watching paint dry. And I think Maks will take Len's comments to heart, though I still think no matter what they do they aren't going to get approval across the board.

Just my opinion...

Jake was overscored. Erin was way underscored (Len is an idiot, and his gimmick schtick is old and it is uneven), Evan was WAY underscored (no way in HELL that his dance was on par with Jake and Niecy), and the Ringer is sailing away with the judges.

Tonight's show was very predictable, in my opinion. Once I saw Jake get three seven's after practically falling down, I knew what was ahead.

I'm still giving my votes to Chad and Cheryl and will continue to until they are voted off. If and or when they are voted off, my votes go to Evan and Erin.

The judges suck this season.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3886783;
    Could someone post Evan's number to call & vote?
    You can vote on the internet; much easier than phoning in.
    Susan

Here's the website to vote for all the contestants:

ABC.com - Dancing with the Stars - Vote

You have to register but it's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3887209;
    Evan's a doll. I'll give him all my votes come finale. I'd like to see him win.

Tom did call them lovebirds but I don't read much into that. I think it's because that's their schtick on the show. If they really are dating I don't think they will admit to it until show is over, but I get the feeling now that they are more just friends.

Did Anna and Johnathan break up and divorce? I know Evan said he loves her, but I thought she was married?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3887284;
    Did Anna and Johnathan break up and divorce? I know Evan said he loves her, but I thought she was married?
    That comment was made to Erin/Maks Anna/Jonathan are still happily married.

What did Chad mean when he called Erin a tree? I thought maybe I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3887286;
    That comment was made to Erin/Maks Anna/Jonathan are still happily married.
    Thanks for clarifying because I saw the name Evan and did not see Maks name so I was confused

Which couple do you think has mrore chemistry Cheryl/ Ocho or Maks/Erin?

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3887284;
    Sorry for the confusion. Now that I read it I see why you thought what you did. Whoops. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3887298;
    Sorry for the confusion. Now that I read it I see why you thought what you did. Whoops. lol
    No worries because I heard Evan say "I love you Anna" tonight and it raised my eyebrow for a mintue.

Scince the Erin and Maks thread is messed up I wanted to comment about thier dance tonight.

I agree with the judges that Erin is a good dancer and he can push her more in thier routines. Also, I really did not like Erin's costume, but seeing Maks shirtless took the focus off her purple feathers.

+ Reply to Thread