+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 233

Thread: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #161
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3887031;
    It must be so hard for Evan and Anna to hold their tongues. When they finished that dance, I honestly thought they might get one or more 10's. What on earth DO the judges have against him? It's got to be Evan; how could they want to penalize Anna?? :nono
    IMO, what they have against him is that he's the main threat to Nicole's crowning as Champion, and they want to make sure she wins. Even before the season started, there were all those rumblings that they desperately wanted a female winner this year (much like AI).

    It's just stupid. I guess they are still licking their wounds over last season's pet, Mya, losing, and are determined to get their way this time.

  2. #162
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3887036;
    The one I love to watch the most is Evan. Niecy is getting on my nerves. Mostly because I know she does not like being at her weight. She lost her weight a couple of years ago and was so thrilled she even talked about it on Clean House which I stopped watching because it is just gross and also I think it is fake. I think she is feeling like she can head off any criticism or judgment if she acts like this is how she really wants to look, which is fine btw. But I get the feeling that it is not fine with her, because she talks about it all the time which means she is self conscious and wants people to think she is fine with herself when she isn't..
    I noticed tonight there were several references made about Niecy's love for food. I think that's when it's gone too far, when everyone else is mentioning it in their rehearsal clips and Len even says 'hey, the AT is about love, and I got it was for your love for food'.

    I can't really imagine Evan leaving, but I hope the show doesn't think a shocker like him being booted would be a good way to get ratings and buzz now that Mommy Dearest is gone. That would be a disaster on so many levels. And it would bring the debate back to the center, whether the show is rigged or biased. Of course as long as people are talking, I doubt they care about what. If Evan left they need to just be done with the season and give Nicole the trophy. No way CA or Bruno will ever be hard on her and Derek score wise, and Len will eventually come around.

    I'd almost think it'd serve the judges right, if I didn't love Anna so much and am so happy she has such a strong contender. And Evan I think has come a long way.

    IMO, what they have against him is that he's the main threat to Nicole's crowning as Champion, and they want to make sure she wins. Even before the season started, there were all those rumblings that they desperately wanted a female winner this year (much like AI).
    Is it Nicole, or is it Derek? Are they really desperate enough to want to give him a second trophy so he can have matching book ends like his sister and BFF? Both with Brooke and now Nicole I feel like they're overdoing it in pushing her down her throats. With anyone else, the ringer and judges gushing would backfire, and the judges probably wouldn't be so nice in the first place. But it's Derek. What it is the show likes about him as much as they do, I'll never figure out. I actually hope he does take a season off next time, or goes to England and does Strictly. Give the ringer to someone else next time. The show was fine with Julianne, but of course she had to be the one to leave. Getting Derek and Mark onboard has led to overkill. The favoritism is almost sickening. And I don't know why they'd want a female winner this soon. They had 3 in a row, unless they want to have 5 of each (they have 5 male winners). Next season, let's make things a little more fair and less predictable.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-26-2010 at 10:52 PM.

  3. #163
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    The scoring wrapup has convinced me not to watch tonight, so thank you everyone. Just knowing that Jake & Evan were so close is enough to make me think the judging is too far off base to enjoy tonight!

  4. #164
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3887047;
    The scoring wrapup has convinced me not to watch tonight, so thank you everyone. Just knowing that Jake & Evan were so close is enough to make me think the judging is too far off base to enjoy tonight!
    I thought I might start enjoying this season again, but tonight was yet another blow to season 10. If Evan leaves before the finale, I might not even bother watching it if Nicole gets there. She'll win. And they'll both do their best to act surprised. Mark will rush down and hoist Derek on his shoulders and make it all about them. Nicole's just too good of a dancer for this show. CA said it that she can't find anything to criticize her on. She's gotten 6 10s. Maybe she gave the producers an earful for putting her in 2nd place behind Evan.

    I do have to correct something I said, though, about her being the only person to get 2 10s in the second week: she's not. Surprisingly, Edyta got 2 10s week 2 for her quick step with Joey Lawrence. I remembered that in watching clips from the golden years of DWTS.

  5. #165
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of Evan going before finale. He'll beat Nicole in the end. If anyone was to go in a shocker down the line it would be Nicole not Evan. Essentially there are 5 people fighting for 1 spot in the finale.

  6. #166
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    15,209

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Evan said it himself one week: because of his years of skate training, he has a big hurdle to overcome when learning at least half the dances: he can't move his hips. Skating teaches him to keep his hips rigid, and most of the time, the exact opposite is called for in ballroom dancing (especially tonight). I think that's part of what brought his scores down. He's graceful and athletic and fun to watch, but he still has weaknesses like anyone else.

    Also, I don't understand this idea that the show "wants" Nicole to win. I just don't see the logic. If people don't like her, they're free not to like her, but I just don't see any conspiracy beyond that.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  7. #167
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3887045;
    Is it Nicole, or is it Derek? Are they really desperate enough to want to give him a second trophy so he can have matching book ends like his sister and BFF? Both with Brooke and now Nicole I feel like they're overdoing it in pushing her down her throats. With anyone else, the ringer and judges gushing would backfire, and the judges probably wouldn't be so nice in the first place. But it's Derek. What it is the show likes about him as much as they do, I'll never figure out. I actually hope he does take a season off next time, or goes to England and does Strictly. Give the ringer to someone else next time. The show was fine with Julianne, but of course she had to be the one to leave. Getting Derek and Mark onboard has led to overkill. The favoritism is almost sickening. And I don't know why they'd want a female winner this soon. They had 3 in a row, unless they want to have 5 of each (they have 5 male winners). Next season, let's make things a little more fair and less predictable.
    I would say it could be Derek, but I don't think it is. We saw the same kind of slobbering last year over Mya, and who was Dimitry in the scheme of all-things-DWTS? A 2nd season newbie, and not one of their pet pros. It's like Carrie Ann and Bruno rabidly grab onto one person and push them down everyone's throats all the time, determined to be right. Perhaps those who said it's the fact that both do/have done hip hop dancing in the past that makes CA and Bruno love both of them so much are correct. I certainly can't stand Nicole, and I couldn't stand Mya either. The judges' behavior only made/makes me dislike them both even more.

    I don't understand the desire to have a female winner. So a male wins. So what? It's not like they're marketing the winner after the season ends as they do on AI (when that show actually cares about its winner...). And as you said, 3 women in a row won. Just stupid.

  8. #168
    FORT Fogey Tobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Damien and Pam I LOVE her in the dark wig. She looks beautiful (sorry I am just now watching since I taped it) she should really consider going dark, she looks so much younger and looks like a Sophia Loren type. On the other hand, there is no chemistry with Damien, he looks like a teacher teaching her to dance and she looks like she just loves men and any port in a storm, since it's Damien she shrugs and brings it on. I don't find him sexy at all. He's cute and all that but as someone else said, Pam is just too much woman for him and it just doesn't mix. She seems older and there is a whole Mrs. Robinson thing going on that is distracting when they are together. But really, could she cool it down a little? Maybe that would help. She is still fun to watch and she is very committed and doing well I think.

  9. #169
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    15,209

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3887079;
    I would say it could be Derek, but I don't think it is. We saw the same kind of slobbering last year over Mya, and who was Dimitry in the scheme of all-things-DWTS? A 2nd season newbie, and not one of their pet pros. It's like Carrie Ann and Bruno rabidly grab onto one person and push them down everyone's throats all the time, determined to be right. Perhaps those who said it's the fact that both do/have done hip hop dancing in the past that makes CA and Bruno love both of them so much are correct. I certainly can't stand Nicole, and I couldn't stand Mya either. The judges' behavior only made/makes me dislike them both even more.

    I don't understand the desire to have a female winner. So a male wins. So what? It's not like they're marketing the winner after the season ends as they do on AI (when that show actually cares about its winner...). And as you said, 3 women in a row won. Just stupid.
    (Bolded part from me) I don't think it's as blatant as that, but I would bet that the judges get frustrated when their "authoritative" scoring can't save a good dancer from elimination because they aren't popular enough. And I think that's how, during so many seasons, this idea pops up that the show "pushes" certain people (usually frontrunners) to win. It's not because it's true, it's because sometimes the very best dancer isn't a fan favorite, and the whole debate of who should win a season resurfaces: the one the judges believe is the best/most improved, or the one the audience likes the best? It's rarely the same person.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  10. #170
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3887082;
    Damien and Pam I LOVE her in the dark wig. She looks beautiful (sorry I am just now watching since I taped it) she should really consider going dark, she looks so much younger and looks like a Sophia Loren type. On the other hand, there is no chemistry with Damien, he looks like a teacher teaching her to dance and she looks like she just loves men and any port in a storm, since it's Damien she shrugs and brings it on. I don't find him sexy at all. He's cute and all that but as someone else said, Pam is just too much woman for him and it just doesn't mix. She seems older and there is a whole Mrs. Robinson thing going on that is distracting when they are together. But really, could she cool it down a little? Maybe that would help. She is still fun to watch and she is very committed and doing well I think.
    This is also my impression when they're dancing. In fact, I think it's working against her because it makes her seem too sexy because he is so, well, not. Of course, she'd look sexy dancing even with the Woz, but Damien is just not a good match for her. I would have preferred her being paired with Dimitry. He has more that lean dark bad-boy look ... more Tommy Lee-ish perhaps.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.