+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3886892;
    I'm really getting tired of Niecy's jiggly parts schtick. .
    It IS getting old. Niecy is "hanging out" a lot more than Pam.

I think it will be Niecy or Jake going home

I like Niecy but I hope Jake stays. I think he has more potential than Niecy to improve.

I agree. Niecy is starting to wear on me. I liked her in the beginning, but it all seems to be the same shtick. But I think Jake may be going.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Jake/Chelsie: got overscored for him mainly standing there, grinding against her, and the moves he did seemed really stiff. Haven't they compared him to a bow legged cowboy? I probably would have ranked them higher in the swing dance, but their overall performance got higher than it deserved. An attempt to keep him in by overscoring him?

Niecy/Louis: while I can appreciate Niecy's humor and wanting to have fun (and it's not that I don't find her funny at times), I'm beginning to feel like she's trying too hard to play that part of her up. I don't think her dancing is really that great, I did think her lift in the AT was fantastic, but overall thought she gave the second weakest individual dance. When I saw her rolling over Louis during the swing dance I was hoping the judges would take her out. It gets old.

Evan/Anna: where do I start, they got robbed BIG time tonight. I can see what the judges were saying in Evan's samba, especially with that spin, but thought it was the best dance of the night. Much better than Nicole. He did a lot of moves and work, and whether they agree it was the right moves or not for a samba, in no way did it deserve to get scored on the same level as Jake and Niecy. I don't get the judges, they're nice to couple who may not do well and only give them the positive, blast a couple who does well but they want to see more, sometimes they blame the pro, sometimes they blame the celeb, sometimes they judge at the level they're at, sometimes not, sometimes against the other couples, sometimes not. Whatever the case, this better be an attempt to just downplay the second front runner and shake things up for a week.

Pam/Damian: overall I didn't like the costume but thought this was Pam's best dance so far. It did get a little too much on wrapping herself around her partner at the end and her legs/kicks looked awkward at times, but thought she redeemed herself well from nearly going home last week. I'm glad she's starting to play down the cougar sex act, though tonight in the celeb-quarium she looked bored, annoyed, and spaced out all at once.

Chad/Cheryl: definitely better than last week, probably the only scores I agreed with. Glad they didn't focus so much on the showmance this week. Maybe Chad has learned a few things (mainly when the going gets tough, go back to Cincy. Apparently that did the trick this week).

Erin/Maks: I certainly won't argue with my favorite couple being in 2nd, but I'm still nervous and a little leery. Erin does have awkward moves, I think because of her height, and also her nerves. She had some screw ups tonight, but not deserving of the tongue lashing she got from Grumpy. I understood his point perfectly, but in no way do I agree with him where these two are concerned. I think Erin is a contender and I liked Tom asking Len why it is he's not giving her the scores he says she should be getting. I think these two will come out with a bang next week or crash and burn where Len is concerned. The high scores from CA and Bruno may have been instructed by the show to shake things up, get people voting for lower-scoring couples, and give these two their moment in the sun, but I'd be surprised if they're back to being so nice next week. Maybe there is something to the theory Len doesn't like Maks for his questioning of their judging. Hated Erin's outfit, but will never argue seeing Maks shirtless

Nicole/Derek: overrated, overscored, thought their samba was boring, and CA called it that she is so perfect she has no room to grow or get constructive criticism. I doubt we'll be seeing them away from the top of the leaderboard anytime soon.

I wouldn't miss Nicole if she went, but think it should be Niecy.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-26-2010 at 09:54 PM.

I enjoyed the swing marathon although I wish Erin/Maks had won it. Any Housewives fans notice Jill Zarin sitting behind Len? Everytime he spoke, she was craning her neck to be seen.
    CYA

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3886959;
    I enjoyed the swing marathon although I wish Erin/Maks had won it. Any Housewives fans notice Jill Zarin sitting behind Len? Everytime he spoke, she was craning her neck to be seen.
    I'm not really a fan of the dance marathons. I did like the swing better than the mambo, and at least the point spread wasn't as bad as last season (when I think their were 10 couples?) And not any trainwrecks this season like last time. It was so refreshing not having Kate. What a pleasant viewing experience. I wish the show would do more ballroom routines, rather than always sticking to latin/flashy dances.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3886873;
    Pam: For me, her head was down too much, and the shoulders seemed too rounded over. I am just not a Pam-fan. I find her gross; I know that others find her "tramp-a-licious".
    Criticize her for her feet/legs, if you like, but her head was right for Argentine tango. She was touching forehead-to-forehead at times (which happens in the dance), so it's quite natural to look down. Also the "relaxed" shoulders, etc. actually are correct for Argentine tango. It's a different upper-body hold than the rest of the ballroom dances, so Pam's "softness" in the upper-body actually works.

What was a little sloppy was her knees/lack of turn out in some of the slow pose-y moves. Derek really should have taken the time to make sure she presents a pretty picture then, since they are so slow.

BUT... I still like Pam an awful lot. At the heart of me, she always feels the music and she always dances to the music. She's even got characterization and storyline on top of that... so she's always a pleasure to watch. Just needs to polish the lines and technique.

She's still what one might call a "natural" at dancing though, despite her lack of experience. There's really no way to teach listening to the music, feeling the music, or expressing the music. Pam's got all that! Her timing is even more on point than Nicole's sometimes (queen of exaggeration).

But not to trash Nicole too much... Samba IS her dance. Some dances just suit some people, and the earthiness, hip-shakiness, and everything else Nicole is prone to, all worked for this dance.

I thought Evan and Anna should have stayed in until the last three on the swing too! What are the judges trying to do. I know they are not seeing what I am seeing. I honestly do not have a favorite this season. I have watched every week but tonight is the first time I have voted and I only voted because I really felt like the judging was so unfair tonight. I would have put Kate out first week. Buzz second week. Niecy third week. Shannen fourth week. Aiden fifth week. Jake sixth week. Chad seventh week. Pamela eighth week. Nicole ninth week. Erin runner up and Evan the winner. This is my honest opinion based on their dancing all season and the way they have acted in practices and on their interviews. I may not vote again - unless the judges try to screw a contestant again!

FORT Fanatic

That looks like a pretty good order of elimination to me.

I am not sure what was going on tonight with the judges scoring of Evan and Anna.

+ Reply to Thread