+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 254

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

  1. #81
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    I don't read People enough to really tell the difference if they're a gossip rag or not. I know they have actual true "inspiring" stories in there along with the entertaiment news and views. They refuse to ever say a bad word about Kate Gosselin and live with the same delusion that she's so popular with moms across America and people can't get enough of her. In their case, I think they believe it and aren't just being forced to say it. She probably has some deal with them as that's the only magazine I've ever seen her give interviews to. So they lose a wee bit of credibility there with me

    Normally I'd say Erin/Maks nearly lip locking on Monday is a giveaway but partners and pros kissing is nothing new (Helio/Julianne, Louie/Chelsie, Kelly/Louis, Lance/Lacey).

  2. #82
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,664

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    That quote from Erin doesn't make it sound like they're actually dating. She said it's LIKE they're dating, not that they ARE dating. I wouldn't be surprised if they were (who can blame either of them?), but that quote doesn't seem like confirmation of anything.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  3. #83
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Drippy PNW
    Posts
    20

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    I believe even People is retracting their announcement and admitting that Erin and Maks do not act like a "couple in love" when they are out, say, for dinner. Whatever, I absolutely enjoy their funny interaction and chemistry as a partnership. It's likely even better because they are not falling into the "love trap."

    But I'm truly crabby about Len G's tirade about their gorgeous blindfolded waltz. I loved that dance, its symbolism of trust and love, and did not find the introduction to be any longer than, say, Evan's while Anna powdered her nose. Len G has a burr in his tail about Maks for some reason, and I suspect he's jealous of all the attention Maks draws from the ladies. Len clearly would consider himself a ladiesman . . . back in the day at least. Oh grow up Len! It was so childish to rant on that you should lower their score even further. It was definitely a crowd pleasing lovely waltz.

  4. #84
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,664

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by danesRfun;3872674;
    I believe even People is retracting their announcement and admitting that Erin and Maks do not act like a "couple in love" when they are out, say, for dinner. Whatever, I absolutely enjoy their funny interaction and chemistry as a partnership. It's likely even better because they are not falling into the "love trap."

    But I'm truly crabby about Len G's tirade about their gorgeous blindfolded waltz. I loved that dance, its symbolism of trust and love, and did not find the introduction to be any longer than, say, Evan's while Anna powdered her nose. Len G has a burr in his tail about Maks for some reason, and I suspect he's jealous of all the attention Maks draws from the ladies. Len clearly would consider himself a ladiesman . . . back in the day at least. Oh grow up Len! It was so childish to rant on that you should lower their score even further. It was definitely a crowd pleasing lovely waltz.
    I wonder if Len is a little annoyed at how Maks criticizes him in his blog. Maks has talked about how harsh he thinks Len's comments are about various celebs and how he wishes that would change. Essentially, I think Maks thinks it's cruel and not professional to speak to people like that and I don't disagree with him. If memory serves, he thought Bruno's "shopping cart" comment about Kate was out of line as well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #85
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    I think Maks is fair with his comments about the judges. He asks that they give constructive criticism as to what the celeb did wrong and what they/their partner can do to try and make it better. While funny to compare Kate to a shopping cart, he's right that it really didn't provide any type of real feedback to help her figure out where she could improve (if she could). Last season I remember he really got annoyed with the antics of the judges, especially Bruno, when he would be dancing up on the table and spitting out metaphors that made no sense other than to provide a laugh and otherwise continue to prove this is a TV show, not a real dancing competition.

    Maks is a traditionalist and I remember back during season 7 he had mentioned something about a sort of power struggle behind the scenes in terms of re-shaping the show a little bit to go along more with CA's tastes in dance and entertainment (or to just make it appeal to a bigger demographic in dance) but Maks said this show was started and based on ballroom dance and there are other shows people can go to if they want other forms of dance. Maybe that power struggle is still there, that the pros like Maks would rather see this be more of a positive, realistic portrait of their work rather than another fake drama/OTT antics filled reality show. I think Len's comment about giving Erin a lower score the night after was pointless. Gimmicks were a big part of the night, and while I think Erin should have danced blindfolded the whole way through, it was a memorable, simple, and lovely performance. If he's going to call one couple out for doing something, he needs to call them all out for doing the same things.

  6. #86
    FORT Fanatic DancingDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dancing on Ice
    Age
    59
    Posts
    545

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Regarding Erin's stalker: maybe they should invite Chuck Liddell to hang around backstage a bit this season. I'll bet he'd love to make a "citizen's arrest" on the clown.

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,780

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3872699;
    I think Maks is fair with his comments about the judges. He asks that they give constructive criticism as to what the celeb did wrong and what they/their partner can do to try and make it better. While funny to compare Kate to a shopping cart, he's right that it really didn't provide any type of real feedback to help her figure out where she could improve (if she could). Last season I remember he really got annoyed with the antics of the judges, especially Bruno, when he would be dancing up on the table and spitting out metaphors that made no sense other than to provide a laugh and otherwise continue to prove this is a TV show, not a real dancing competition.

    Maks is a traditionalist and I remember back during season 7 he had mentioned something about a sort of power struggle behind the scenes in terms of re-shaping the show a little bit to go along more with CA's tastes in dance and entertainment (or to just make it appeal to a bigger demographic in dance) but Maks said this show was started and based on ballroom dance and there are other shows people can go to if they want other forms of dance. Maybe that power struggle is still there, that the pros like Maks would rather see this be more of a positive, realistic portrait of their work rather than another fake drama/OTT antics filled reality show. I think Len's comment about giving Erin a lower score the night after was pointless. Gimmicks were a big part of the night, and while I think Erin should have danced blindfolded the whole way through, it was a memorable, simple, and lovely performance. If he's going to call one couple out for doing something, he needs to call them all out for doing the same things.


    As an optional but integral part of storytelling, props are used to explain one of the elements or to heighten the tension and push the plot/storyline.
    The assignment was to tell a story through their designated dance.
    Maks made a very gutsy call to symbolically dance the story of trust between a man and a woman ( or an instructor and student) using the prop of a blindfold which represented blindness and total dependence.

    If Len did not like the dance, including the prop and symbolism, he should hearken back to the fact that he is the one that announced both that the "students" (stars) should "depend" (shut up and listen to their pros) on their instructors and that the next week would be dance with a story theme.

    BTW, telling a story through the dance is a common requirement on So You Think You Can Dance. I believe that their judges would have eaten this one up! They would have loved the symbolism.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  8. #88
    FORT Fanatic DancingDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dancing on Ice
    Age
    59
    Posts
    545

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3872802;
    As an optional but integral part of storytelling, props are used to explain one of the elements or to heighten the tension and push the plot/storyline.
    The assignment was to tell a story through their designated dance.
    Maks made a very gutsy call to symbolically dance the story of trust between a man and a woman ( or an instructor and student) using the prop of a blindfold which represented blindness and total dependence.

    If Len did not like the dance, including the prop and symbolism, he should hearken back to the fact that he is the one that announced both that the "students" (stars) should "depend" (shut up and listen to their pros) on their instructors and that the next week would be dance with a story theme.

    BTW, telling a story through the dance is a common requirement on So You Think You Can Dance. I believe that their judges would have eaten this one up! They would have loved the symbolism.
    Excellent points! I personally loved the dance. It was my second favorite of the night after Evan's.

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,116

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3871193;
    I think the story was just a simple one of trust. By putting the blindfold on, Erin was saying she trusted Maks to get her through the dance and nothing bad would happen. It might have been a message to go along with the ordeals she's been facing, too.

    I don't know why, but I just feel like that the only reason Erin's getting any publicity at the moment is because of her romance rumors and the horrible death threats/peeping tom incident. Otherwise, I think she'd probably get lost in the shuffle of some of the other couples. Eventually even people may grow tired of reporting every spark of chemistry between these two. Maks is good at coming up with good routines and really working Erin with what's she got and he's a traditionalist when it comes to dancing by the rules. But when you compare to the more entertaining Evan/Anna, Derek/Nicole, Pamela/Damian, and I guess to an extent Jake/Chelsie, I feel like they may fall by the wayside.

    Thanks, Karalott.
    That makes sense.

    I guess I'm just not finding them that entertaining.
    I had heard of her from the trial. My heart goes out to anyone having to go through what she did.
    However, something about her just isn't that appealing to me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #90
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Let the rumor mill continue to churn:

    Erin Andrews Slams Relationship Rumors: I'm Not Dating Maksim Chmerkovskiy | PopEater.com

    Erin Andrews Slams Relationship Rumors: I'm Not Dating Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    16 CommentsBy PopEater Staff Posted Apr 8th 2010 05:38PM

    Erin Andrews is squashing rumors that she and her 'Dancing With The Stars' partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy are in "hot romance." Andrews tells Sports Illustrated that she was "shocked" when she saw PEOPLE's latest cover, which says, "Dancing's Erin & Maksim: Their Hot Romance."

    "We saw it and said, 'There's no question mark?' According to PEOPLE, our "romance" is official, but PEOPLE must know people because we don't know the people that they know. The thing is, what Maks and I do joking around gets taken seriously," Andrews said. "Our official word is that we thank People for letting us know about this hot romance because we didn't know we had it."

    Ironically, SI and PEOPLE are both owned by Time, Inc. Guess the memo got lost between floors.

    According to a press release sent by SI, Andrews jokes, "At some points, it's like we're dating; at others, it's like, oh, we so broke up two days ago. Now it's almost like we're past dating..."

    Maks and playfully adds, "Now we're working on a kid!"

    Andrews admits when they saw the story, her gut reaction wasn't a good one. "We were like "What?!? That was the biggest joke," she reveals.
    I guess I'm just not finding them that entertaining.
    I had heard of her from the trial. My heart goes out to anyone having to go through what she did.
    However, something about her just isn't that appealing to me.
    I have quite a few family members, friends, and co-workers who watch the show, and when talking to them and bringing up Erin, I have to say she's Maks's partner for them to even really remember who she is. Some of them who pay attention to the entertainment media and tabloids recognize her for her ordeals that are going on but the impression I get from them is that she's not memorable. They know or at least remember nearly everyone in the case, but Erin and Chad seem to be the two that aren't sticking out in their minds. Chad's got the advantage of being a football player who has a lot of fans. So you're obviously not alone in not finding them/her entertaining, which might increase my fear of these two getting an earlier than expected boot by getting lost in the shuffle.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-09-2010 at 02:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.