+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

So happy these two made it through! It was painful to have to wait until the end and I was so afraid because Kate was announced bottom 2 first, and since I didn't expect her to go home, I thought for sure these guys were gone. No way did I think Pamela, Jake or Chad was leaving over Kate. Glad these guys didn't, and glad those 3 didn't. They have the samba next week so I can't wait to see what they come up with; it'll be Erin's first sexy, fast paced latin dance since her cha cha. I also can't wait to see what costume she comes up with for Maks.

Reading the above comments, I'm not sure if I think Len has it out for Maks. I think Len has a high respect for all the dancers and maybe just expects them to know better on certain elements. However, when you watch someone's style like Derek over Maks's, you know who they tend to favor and what the show apparently wants. Maks called it flash and trash at one point. Less about sticking to the technical and finer points of ballroom and more about making flashy entertainment laced numbers. I do think the 3 Stooges need a refresher course in judging. Don't allow the couples to have free reign on gimmicks and themes but only chide certain ones for it. I don't think there was a lot of messing about at all with the menu. I don't care if Jake's pantless intro was part of the theme, it still took longer and more attention away from his non cha-cha than anything Maks or Pamela did. I know Maks is one of the ones to have had it out with CA before and in his blog calls them out, though it normally focuses more on her and Bruno, and I don't think he's saying anything bad. He's just saying he wished they'd give better constructive criticism and be a little more professional.

I would've loved to have seen them get the encore dance, but I'm happy she lives to dance another week.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3882042;
    So happy these two made it through! It was painful to have to wait until the end and I was so afraid because Kate was announced bottom 2 first, and since I didn't expect her to go home, I thought for sure these guys were gone. No way did I think Pamela, Jake or Chad was leaving over Kate. Glad these guys didn't, and glad those 3 didn't. They have the samba next week so I can't wait to see what they come up with; it'll be Erin's first sexy, fast paced latin dance since her cha cha. I also can't wait to see what costume she comes up with for Maks.

Reading the above comments, I'm not sure if I think Len has it out for Maks. I think Len has a high respect for all the dancers and maybe just expects them to know better on certain elements. However, when you watch someone's style like Derek over Maks's, you know who they tend to favor and what the show apparently wants. Maks called it flash and trash at one point. Less about sticking to the technical and finer points of ballroom and more about making flashy entertainment laced numbers. I do think the 3 Stooges need a refresher course in judging. Don't allow the couples to have free reign on gimmicks and themes but only chide certain ones for it. I don't think there was a lot of messing about at all with the menu. I don't care if Jake's pantless intro was part of the theme, it still took longer and more attention away from his non cha-cha than anything Maks or Pamela did. I know Maks is one of the ones to have had it out with CA before and in his blog calls them out, though it normally focuses more on her and Bruno, and I don't think he's saying anything bad. He's just saying he wished they'd give better constructive criticism and be a little more professional.
    I thought when they announced Kate so early, the "other bottom two" would definitely be leaving, so I was worried too!

I'm not that experienced watching this as most of you, but I've noticed how Len judges Maks and Erin. That menu thing was ridiculous. Maks' feet were moving the entire time. What's WRONG with that? I don't think they should criticize any of the couples for using props for certain dances. But as soon as I see a chair, I think, "Len's not going to like that." And his comment about it being "hectic"? - it's a JIVE! IMO, they were scored way too low. I'm just glad Bruno pulled out the "8" and made his comment about Erin's timing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3882221;
    I thought when they announced Kate so early, the "other bottom two" would definitely be leaving, so I was worried too!

I'm not that experienced watching this as most of you, but I've noticed how Len judges Maks and Erin. That menu thing was ridiculous. Maks' feet were moving the entire time. What's WRONG with that? I don't think they should criticize any of the couples for using props for certain dances. But as soon as I see a chair, I think, "Len's not going to like that." And his comment about it being "hectic"? - it's a JIVE! IMO, they were scored way too low. I'm just glad Bruno pulled out the "8" and made his comment about Erin's timing.
    I am not sure what it is with the judges - maybe it is something between them and Maks of which we aren't quite aware? There doesn't really seem to be anything objectionable about Erin with the judges, and I have noticed that she and Evan enjoy the "honor" of generally being liked by the boardies to the point that we rarely read any personal criticisms directed at them - certainly in contrast to most of the other contestants, some of who do nothing that pleases the masses.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Did I get the critiques confused, or did Carrie Ann say that Erin was a bit ahead of beat at times, and then Bruno said that he counted and she got the timing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3882416;
    Did I get the critiques confused, or did Carrie Ann say that Erin was a bit ahead of beat at times, and then Bruno said that he counted and she got the timing?
    You're correct. I rewatched their dance and I don't get the criticisms she recieved for that or for the dance being "hectic." It is a jive, not a waltz and I thought her timing was perfect. (Arm-chair judge that I am.)

FORT Fogey

The judges seem to hate Edyta and Maks. Maks is not likeable to me either. He is crass and cocky and seems to be a big old jerk. Erin comes across so good natured and sweet in interviews that I see. I hate that she got Maks because I think after what she went through with the peeping guy, she is going to hang on to Maks, and I think he will end up breaking her heart because I do not see him ever changing love or not.

I almost wish they would have put her with Tony.

FORT Regular

I am a big football fan and I watched a lot of the NFL draft last night, where Erin was assign to follow the Jimmie Clauson story - quarterback for Notre Dame. While she was interviewing him, I noticed a huge gawdy ring ---a joke gift from Maks maybe???? She was wearing a plain plain blouse, so the ring did work with the outfit and was worn on her left hand (not sure which finger)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moxie 48;3884056;
    I am a big football fan and I watched a lot of the NFL draft last night, where Erin was assign to follow the Jimmie Clauson story - quarterback for Notre Dame. While she was interviewing him, I noticed a huge gawdy ring ---a joke gift from Maks maybe???? She was wearing a plain plain blouse, so the ring did work with the outfit and was worn on her left hand (not sure which finger)
    It was odd to suddenly see her again in that role, dressed conservatively and talking "shop." Agreed that the ring jumped right on out there! I wonder what the story is behind the ring!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3884236;
    It was odd to suddenly see her again in that role, dressed conservatively and talking "shop." Agreed that the ring jumped right on out there! I wonder what the story is behind the ring!
    I wonder if it could be a sort of joke since she said last week on the show that there wouldn't be any thing going on between her and Maks until he gave her a ring like Chad gave Cheryl.

+ Reply to Thread