+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

What did Maks say in Us Weekly? I think Tony got stuck with Kate because he's so nice. I wish Kate had gotten Maks. He would have reamed her and put her in her place which is precisely what she needs. It would have been great but show like everyone else likes to kiss Kate's ass so having her partnered with Maks would never happen. Shame.

I liked his blog last week. He gave good insight into quite a few of them.

Which is exactly why Maks was not assigned to Kate. Tony must have the patience of a saint and deserves a looooong vacation when his tour of duty is over.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I don't think Kate even practiced this week. I think they got FT on purpose so Tony could drag her and repeat steps. It's infuriating and yet expected. I think Kate will stay again this week and another pro and celeb who did work 6 hours a day will go. And Kate isn't working on a custody battle. lol She has been on tons of shows this week promoting her book. She's as worried about that battle as she is her kids. Zero.

And yes, Tony is a saint. It pains me he has to put up with this crap.

Maks seems like the type of man - and dance instructor - who would welcome a challenge, but don't you think he's counting his lucky stars he got Erin as a partner?

Someone did ask him about the Kate thing and he quickly said how happy he was to get Erin. I bet all the male pros other than Tony are thrilled. LMAO I really hope Tony gets someone grat next season. He deserves it. My fear is he will need a season off to recover. lol

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3878634;
    Maks seems like the type of man - and dance instructor - who would welcome a challenge, but don't you think he's counting his lucky stars he got Erin as a partner?
    Especially since his alternative might have been Kate. He could barely keep it together when he had Denise Richards

Here's his latest blog. I don't know if this is something written and published the same day but I worry a little about this line:

Dancing's Maks: Kate Did Much Better - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Next week, we're going to do the jive to Pulp Fiction — but we're not recreating anything from the movie. I have a different idea. The mood is going to be good. I'm doing something different with the way the song is played. We've only had one practice so far, but everything is looking good.
    I'm worried about the jive being a strong dance for Erin. Entertainment wise, I think they might nail it, but against some of the other couples, I'm worried they're going to have a hard time standing out. I don't know. It seems like all the media attention I've seen of Erin revolves around her personal issues and the romance rumors. Which I must say, I don't know if they're tired of denying it and ready to give in, or just tired of denying it because nothing is going on. On Ellen and Chelsea Lately that's what the interviews seemed to focus on.

I'm happy they aren't going to take the page completely from the movie and try to re-create it, as I suspect other couples might do.

I saw Maks and Erin on Chelsea Lately last night, and they were delightful.

One thing that made me laugh was when Chelsea asked Erin if they were friendly with Kate, and Erin is like, "oh yeah", and Maks just rolls his eyes in response. Erin quickly pointed out that Maks's best friend was Tony, and then Maks piped up about how Tony and he were always calling each other. Probably Tony trying to retain his sanity while working with Kate.

FORT Fogey

I wish Erin had better control of her body. Seems like Maks just flings her around sometimes!

Erin and Niecy both have the jive but I think Erin's jive will be much stronger. Niecy is fun and bouncy but I don't know if she will have the stamina or kicks needed for this dance. Erin is more athletic and the better dancer although she's a little gangly like Shannon so she can look a little awkward even though she's in shape. I think Niecy's scores will be on the low end and Erin will be high middle.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3878674;
    Erin and Niecy both have the jive but I think Erin's jive will be much stronger. Niecy is fun and bouncy but I don't know if she will have the stamina or kicks needed for this dance. Erin is more athletic and the better dancer although she's a little gangly like Shannon so she can look a little awkward even though she's in shape. I think Niecy's scores will be on the low end and Erin will be high middle.
    If Erin doesn't bring it with this jive and doesn't improve her marks, I'm worried she's going to be a Natalie/Lil Kim type shocker. She wouldn't be as jaw dropping as losing Evan or Nicole, but someone that was expected to be in the finals and potentially improve each week that lost her groove somewhere along the way. I think Erin's height has hindered her a little in the dances, so with the jive, since it is fast paced and has kicks, I'm worried it might look awkward. I do have faith in Maks, though, as a choreographer than I would someone else. I don't think he'd take her out there and risk her blowing it because he made the choreography too much. Niecy has the personality, whether that's a hinderance to her or not, but she's got a fast paced dance that she can "shake her jiggly parts" to. It's why I'm wondering if she'll gain the advantage on the entertainment aspect of it, though dance wise I think she's really stiff.

+ Reply to Thread