+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Your FBI at work. Says a lot. So freedom of speech about how to kill, what to do directly naming the person is free speech. Erin Andrews, please, please watch yourself. It is also interesting that Shaun Johnson stalker was arrested, yet this person gets freedom of speech.

If you haven't read it yet, I suggest reading his blog for this week.

Dancing's Maks: I Admire Erin for Her Strength, Tony for Teaching Kate - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3873934;

Dancing's Maks: I Admire Erin for Her Strength, Tony for Teaching Kate - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com
    WOW! I have a whole new respect for Maks. I always thought he was talented eye candy and quite an ego maniac. He has gained heaps of points in my book for that very well written blog. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3873934;

I teach college English. This is one intelligent guy - nevermind the second language aspect!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Shawn's case was probably different because I think the guy actually made it to the set of the show and tried gaining access before being arrested (I might be fuzzy on the details though). But minor details aside, he's threatening the life of another human being. There's a different between saying it out of frustration and jest, of course in this day and age it's getting harder to tell when people are being serious. So this guy can continue going on and making threats and having Erin have to look over her shoulder for the rest of her life-until when? And who's to say this guy's e-mails won't provoke some other sicko out there?

WOW! I have a whole new respect for Maks. I always thought he was talented eye candy and quite an ego maniac. He has gained heaps of points in my book for that very well written blog. Thanks!
    I've always loved reading Maks's blogs. I think hearing what he has to say is why I love having many of the old school pros on the show. He really gets it and seems to want to stay true to his world of ballroom dancing. I remember him commenting once the reason he joined the show was to make sure it was done right (and I don't think he meant that to mean he's the best out there, just to make sure pros didn't get too wrapped up in the TV/reality aspect of things). I especially like his comments on the judges. Regardless of how he might sometimes say too much, I respect the fact he tells it like it is and doesn't make apologies for it. I read that Toronto Star article he linked to that was a total diss to not only Erin, but the show in general. Women like that seem to want to take women even more forward than we've already come, yet their comments seem to be going backward. I notice she'd diss Erin and then quickly say "but I didn't mean...." She's not different than the men out there dissing her for doing the show after her peeping tom ordeal. What does she expect a journalist to act like? All conservative and dressed like a pioneer girl?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3874010;
    I teach college English. This is one intelligent guy - nevermind the second language aspect!
    I am extremely impressed with the content of the blog. Realistically considering that English is Maks' second language, I suspect that he had help putting his own thoughts into that descriptively phrased, grammatically correct blog. I have no problem with that at all; indeed, I salute him for all the effort such an endeavor must have cost him at a very busy time in his schedule.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3874139;
    I am extremely impressed with the content of the blog. Realistically considering that English is Maks' second language, I suspect that he had help putting his own thoughts into that descriptively phrased, grammatically correct blog. I have no problem with that at all; indeed, I salute him for all the effort such an endeavor must have cost him at a very busy time in his schedule.
    I suspect you're right. I always never thought these blogs were ghost written by someone else, but I had never read Maks' before. I was basing my assumption on the ones from The Bachelor/ette. For example, I highly doubted Chris H. and Jake wrote theirs. But now that you mention it, they probably did have a lot of input into it. I enjoyed Maks' and will try to go back and read more of them. From what we know about his personality, he probably made sure it was what he wanted to say before it was posted!

Since I was a latecomer to DWTS, Maks was just another pro to me, although certainly one I wanted to watch! . In previous seasons I always thought he was arrogant and hard. Now I see a completely different side of him. He's got a neat sense of humor, and I admire his traditional take on dancing and his attention to detail. He's becoming the one I want to watch. Of course his chemistry with Erin helps. I didn't see much of the season with Mel, but I wish I had. I did see parts of it.

What's the deal with Len? Does he have something against Maks? I, too, think it was unnecessary to say he should have given Erin a 6. HE's the one who wanted the story telling. The producers should remind him of it!

I would actually be surprised if Mals didn't write his blog all on his own. English may not be his first language, but I know plenty of people for whom English is not their first language who are terrific writers in English - several of them Russian. I've been reading his blog for a while now and I never got the feeling it wasn't his "voice."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3874180;
    Since I was a latecomer to DWTS, Maks was just another pro to me, although certainly one I wanted to watch! . In previous seasons I always thought he was arrogant and hard. Now I see a completely different side of him. He's got a neat sense of humor, and I admire his traditional take on dancing and his attention to detail. He's becoming the one I want to watch. Of course his chemistry with Erin helps. I didn't see much of the season with Mel, but I wish I had. I did see parts of it.

What's the deal with Len? Does he have something against Maks? I, too, think it was unnecessary to say he should have given Erin a 6. HE's the one who wanted the story telling. The producers should remind him of it!
    Maks ego and attitude have become a running joke on this show, much like Edyta's skimpy attire, to the point that no other pros really have that kind of banter with Tom. Unless the situation calls for it. The whole pinching Tom's behind started in season 5 with Mel B, and Maks continually keeps that up every season now. What I see in rehearsals is Maks being the teacher and over the last few seasons especially, I can't imagine how frustrated he and the other pros have gotten with celebs who had no idea how hard it was going to be, so they throw in the towel, don't like to follow direction, whine, want to quit, are late and only interested in the cameras but get upset when they get negative feedback from the judges. I especially liked his comment about, how he was a former student of dance, learned to listen and respect his teachers, and as a teacher now expects the same respect from his students.

As for Len, he's just cranky. There was no need to say he should have scored them lower. He could have gotten his point across without slipping that in. I think doing the blindfold in the middle of the routine maybe hurt the flow a little, but if Maks wanted a memorable routine that would be remembered for years to come, he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3873814;

Frankly, besides being concerned for Erin, I'm concerned for the people in my area! This nut is from not too far from here. I'm more than a bit freaked out that they aren't doing anything about this guy! How is it his "right" to make continuous threats like that? I don't know how anyone could interpret them not to be threats. This doesn't exactly inspire great confidence in me in our area cops and FBI investigators.

The man ought to be arrested, period. Those who said this "free speech" bologna is a result of the PC mentality run amok-- I'm inclined to agree with you, sadly.

Poor Erin. Thoughts and prayers are with her.

+ Reply to Thread