+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think Jake goes within the next 3 weeks. They might prefer Niecy out first so it's 3 men and 4 women versus 5 women and 2 men. Chad has a big fan following and I really think Evan at the least goes to the finale if not wins the whole thing.

They're bound to keep the spectacularly untalented doofus Jake around until much closer to the premier of the new Bachelorette season at the end of May.
    I have been looking forward to Ali's season for what seems like forever and I didn't even think about the producers keeping Jake around to promote it. You might be on to something.

Can you image a F3 with Kate, Jake, and ? Any guesses? That would really stink!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3876705;
    Diane R - You are right. Kate has a very powerful network machine in TLC pulling the strings behind her. She has made hundreds of millions of dollars for them, and they can easily entice other networks to book her for interviews or shows because she draws viewers. (No one that books her cares that those viewers just desperately want to hear her have to answer for her lies and abhorrent behavior, or want to see how ridiculous and ignorant she appears.)

So as much as people hope she will be called out on these shows, she never will be UNTIL TLC decides that they can make more money off her by throwing her to the wolves. And that time will come - it always does. Until then, interviewers will keep pitching the softball questions that allow her to continue her self-pity party. By withholding the gratification that people want of finally seeing her squirm, the networks can ensure continued viewing by those same people who keep watching hoping for that big payoff.

The TLC execs must pinch themselves every night wondering how they were so fortunate to have stumbled upon the most narcissistic, greedy creature in the universe, who is willing to sell out her children and all her family for money and fame (more like infamy). If she weren't so despicable, I could almost feel sorry for how TLC is using and manipulating her.

Thanks for the recaps and comments, everyone. I am watching the show vicariously through each of you.
    I would also put in there ABC/DWTS is using her for their own personal gain, but I doubt Kate realizes it nor would she care. She's living the life of luxury off someone else's dime while pretending she's a real single mom that's trying to support her kids. I'm sure, like any "star", her people probably prohibit interviewers from asking her any hard questions about her personal life, money, whether the show takes her away from the kids and why it needs to be that way, and so forth. I think TLC's eventual downfall will be people will get tired of the genre they've become. All about following families and businesses that are unique behind the scenes and documenting their lives. I don't feel sorry for her, I pity the kids, and I hope this upcoming custody battle is a hard lesson for her and maybe makes her choose or have to give up the life of lavish freebies and entertainment if it means spending time with her kids (and not putting them on TV).

I think that unfortunately the next two--"in no particular order"--considered expendable will be Erin and Niecy. Then it will be either Evan or Chad, because they'll need to lose a guy. They're bound to keep the spectacularly untalented doofus Jake around until much closer to the premier of the new Bachelorette season at the end of May.
    I don't know if they'd want to go after Evan. He's gaining even more of a fanbase so unless they want Nicole/Derek to take the trophy without any real competition, I don't think he's going anywhere barring a huge upset. It'd almost look too suspicious if they suddenly turned on Evan when he really can't go in the other direction from where he's at. I'm actually thinking Jake, just from this week of them not being so nice despite having a decent performance, Niecy, then Erin, Chad, and I don't know who they'd want in the final 3, Pamela or Kate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the other ratings grabber land there. I think Nicole will get her comeback here in the next couple of weeks where she's back on top and can quit crying over it.

I think final 3 will be Evan, Nicole, and I'm up in the air on the third choice but I think it could be Chad, Pamela, or Erin.

Quote Originally Posted by moondust222;3876636;
    If someone in your family has another email address get them to vote, too. Or if you have two or more email addresses (I do), you can register each email address and vote with each of them. You could even create a second or even third email address to increase your number of votes. If hundreds of us did that, maybe it would help.
    Oh, I know. I have several email addys I use for the abc.com newsboards, so I votes with all those. Takes a little time but I do it before I go to bed so I won't forget. I don't have AT&T anymore so I can't text vote but I call on my cell and landline during the show.

Even though Kate definitely deserved to go, I'm glad I don't have to watch Edyta on my screen anymore. I know I'm in the minority. Her bikini costumes with cloth drapes are gone! Her leering smile anytime a camera is near is gone! Her posturing herself to be the star when she dances with her partner is gone! I'm glad. I've never felt like she was a good pro on this program because she choreographs the routine to feature her beautiful body. Yes, she's beautiful--- but that's not what I'm tuning in to see. I feel like an old meanie here, but it's how I feel. I know alot of people think because she's been on the show from the beginning that she somehow 'deserves' to win--- and I don't understand that kind of thinking! But like I said, I'm in the minority...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3876732;
    Even though Kate definitely deserved to go, I'm glad I don't have to watch Edyta on my screen anymore. I know I'm in the minority. Her bikini costumes with cloth drapes are gone! Her leering smile anytime a camera is near is gone! Her posturing herself to be the star when she dances with her partner is gone! I'm glad. I've never felt like she was a good pro on this program because she choreographs the routine to feature her beautiful body. Yes, she's beautiful--- but that's not what I'm tuning in to see. I feel like an old meanie here, but it's how I feel. I know alot of people think because she's been on the show from the beginning that she somehow 'deserves' to win--- and I don't understand that kind of thinking! But like I said, I'm in the minority...
    Eh, I just like to see the wealth get spread around in terms of pros winning. First Cheryl won back to back and then Julianne/Derek/Mark monopolized the wins from seasons 4-8. I was great seeing Kym win last season finally, as she had been on almost as long as Edyta, and having Louis in the finals. I'd like to see any of the other long time pros win: Tony (but not this season), Anna, Maks, Edyta, Louis, Jonathan, even Karina, whom I'm not a fan of. I'm sure if Mark is back next season he'll get the star celeb to make up for his early ouster this season and having Melissa Hart last season. It's why I'm hoping Evan/Anna win this season-more for Anna than for Evan.

It all comes down what you like. I'd rather watch Edyta and her sweet, good natured attitude every season than some other female pros. But my only request, if I had only one, would be that Maks never leaves the show again. Give me him and leave out the rest of my favorite pros, but I'd still be happy

We're all entitled to our opinions here.

In the case of Edyta, though, I don't get the feeling that she choreographs to make it about her. She comes across as someone without any attitude or arrogance. Very unlike some other pros, IMO.
    And, as far as the clothing, the pros and stars are not dressing themseves. The show is. The show puts those outfits on Edyta because she has a great body.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It seems then that DWTS is rigged.
    The producers can decide who the winners will be.
    Perhaps they even inform the judges of whom they want to put ahead.....
    They could easily rig or tamper with the voters' scores too.....
    So in theory, having Kate in there keeps up the drama - and the ratings. They could even have her win, if they wanted to.....
    But if it ever comes out that the show is rigged, then its integrity would suffer.....
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3876735;
    In the case of Edyta, though, I don't get the feeling that she choreographs to make it about her. She comes across as someone without any attitude or arrogance. Very unlike some other pros, IMO.
    And, as far as the clothing, the pros and stars are not dressing themseves. The show is. The show puts those outfits on Edyta because she has a great body.
    As much as so like Edyta I don't think she's a great choreographer and do feel we see a lot of her writhing around her partners while they do little more than stand there.
    Unless things have changed recently I believe the pros do design the costumes, or at the very least have heavy input. During Gilles season they allowed the stars to design the costumes one week instead of the pros.

Edyta got a duff partner this season, but like Kate there's no real reason he should be bad.
    I'd really like to see her get a great partner next season, but I really think she needs to get more creative with her choreo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

They are getting the ratings and voting numbers most likely because of "Team Kate" - but they are losing a lot of the long time viewers. They will HAVE to find someone with the numbers for the next season, because those who have watched for years have given up on the show and won't be back. Short term gain, but definitely Shark Bait has been put out there.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread