+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

> I wonder if the couples got to pick their dances or were assigned them.

I wonder if Edyta and Kym and Nicole got to pick their clothes or were assigned them. When did DWTS become the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show? I'm started to feel like DWTS is like going to a strip club. Did Pamela really need to spread her legs?

I don't feel bad that Edyta keeps losing when she always looks like a skank, and it's so important to her that she looks trashy.

P.S. Nicole needs to shave her armpits. Or I need to stop watching on a plasma HDTV screen. It was just totally grossed out watching her dance last night!
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3876695;
    I wonder if the couples got to pick their dances or were assigned them. It seems too convenient for Kate to have an easy dance to do with all that she has going on this week. But don't worry, she won't let us down when it comes to whining that she didn't have time to practice and that she has so much going on in her life. I'll have to miss the show in real time next week on Monday, so I'll have to follow along and see if movie night will be the cheesy disaster I'm predicting.

I noticed last week that Derek/Nicole especially looked really happy when Aiden was announced as safe. I can't imagine the other couples would be happy knowing there's a real chance that talentless self centered whining shrew could seriously outlast them while the judges would totally rip into them for doing even half as bad of a performance. Last night I noticed in the glass box Erin was sitting next to Kate but wasn't looking at her and seemed to not want to interact. It was one of those moments when Brooke was interviewing a couple and you saw her behind Brooke. It's like she purposely looked out the window so as not to make eye contact with Kate. Aiden had a reason to be upset. Tony's the one I feel sorry for, as he has to know it's only going to get worse and his fellow pros will probably start trashing her in the press if she survives over them. You're right, though, this week was probably only the beginning of Kate's breakthrough I'm sure having a foxtrot compared to couples actually working on harder dances will make her look better and give the judges a chance to prop her up. I think they'll probably go after Niecy and Jake next week. I wouldn't be surprised if Evan starts slipping a little, too.
    The show assigns the dances. I'm sure they made a very conscious decision to give Kate the Foxtrot. Tony can drag her around the floor and plenty of movie music will be good for that dance. Now they just have to keep a few low and close in scoring to her and make a big fuss over her once again and raise her scores and she's through another week. It will happen so I'm not even going to kid myself into thinking someone else might go over her like I did this week. It was sad when Aiden started to cry a little. They all seem to like him and Edyta is a sweetie. I can't imagine any are happy he went home over Kate. Are they doing a dance off this season?

Aside from Evan who is wonderful, this is the worst cast I have seen. I mean in the way that they seem to interact and how much fun it is to watch them. It may be the changes in the show's format but something is off this time. I couldn't wait for DWTS to start I enjoy it so much. I really despise all the violence, gore and raunchy shows and those interminable political shows and crabby women shows. I do think it matters that they lost certain pros that were just more exciting such as Julianne, Kym, Jonathan, Alec even Dimitry and with Mark out so early it makes a difference. I miss the taller men, lol. Also they seem to be dwelling on the negative drama which is the whole reason I watch this show to escape all the negativity that is on the tube these days. There is way too much information about these people, I don't really care about what is going on in their personal life, or to have them try to pull my heart strings for things that happened to them in their childhood, who is gay etc. or their failing marriage. I just want to watch it for the entertainment value, skip the personal drama. Please!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Eventually Kate's going to have to do a harder dance. There's six weeks of the competition left, so I can't believe they're done with the new dances yet. I think everyone would do a dance they hadn't and be able to re-do them all again before the finale, since we'll be getting to two dances a week here soon. I still can't believe they'd ax the samba. That was my one hope in getting rid of her. But if they scored her jive a 15, she could have just shown up and gotten the same for her samba.

The Kate factor aside, if it weren't for Evan and Erin, I'd have even less interest in this season than I started off. I'm really not sure of Erin's chances though I feel confident she's going to be around awhile, hopefully to the finals (she's the only one I can picture there alongside Evan and Nicole), but it's gotten into a familiar pattern again. Not a lot of suspense, the talentless heffer dominating the show and continuing to stampede into next week thanks to the judges scoring everyone else not named Nicole and Evan equal to her. I'm over Pamela at the moment and her over-done sex act. Niecy I'm back and forth on, hopefully doing a fun, fast paced dance puts her back in contention. Chad's starting to win me over but I wish he'd think of something else to obsess about besides Cheryl and love. Nicole I haven't cared for since the first week. None of the dances have been overly memorable. Too much involving themes and gimmicks. It's a cheesy dance contest that rewards someone a mirrorball trophy, the judges need to lighten up just a tad. I don't know, we're only in week 4 but it seems like this season has been going on a long time.

ETA: we must have posted at the same time Tobi. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. Season 10 had so much potential. The ratings obviously tell a different story, though not by much (averaging 18-20 million, which is the average this show usually gets anyway). I think they need to go back to the drawing board. But given other comments I've read here, I guess I'm in the minority

Quote Originally Posted by Diane R;3876626;
    I just started watching DWTS a few seasons ago, and was really enjoying it. The stunt casting of Kate and Jake though, has really ruined it for me. I have only watched a few minutes this season, and probably won't watch again until those two are gone. It's obvious that Kate has someone, somewhere, in her pocket pulling strings to get her on television shows, magazine covers, etc. And she is really just a nobody.

I have better things to do with my time than watch a glorified nobody who is (in my opinion) a terrible mother to her poor children. It's really a sad commentary on our society these days.
    Diane R - You are right. Kate has a very powerful network machine in TLC pulling the strings behind her. She has made hundreds of millions of dollars for them, and they can easily entice other networks to book her for interviews or shows because she draws viewers. (No one that books her cares that those viewers just desperately want to hear her have to answer for her lies and abhorrent behavior, or want to see how ridiculous and ignorant she appears.)

So as much as people hope she will be called out on these shows, she never will be UNTIL TLC decides that they can make more money off her by throwing her to the wolves. And that time will come - it always does. Until then, interviewers will keep pitching the softball questions that allow her to continue her self-pity party. By withholding the gratification that people want of finally seeing her squirm, the networks can ensure continued viewing by those same people who keep watching hoping for that big payoff.

The TLC execs must pinch themselves every night wondering how they were so fortunate to have stumbled upon the most narcissistic, greedy creature in the universe, who is willing to sell out her children and all her family for money and fame (more like infamy). If she weren't so despicable, I could almost feel sorry for how TLC is using and manipulating her.

Thanks for the recaps and comments, everyone. I am watching the show vicariously through each of you.

I feel badly for Edyta. I knew Aiden wouldn't go right away due to soap fans, but I did expect him to last another couple of weeks. Very happy Evan and Anna are safe. Never know how the voting might go.

I know many folks are teed off about Kate staying, but I gotta say that I feel that way about Jake even more. I want him off of my screen, and I wanted him off of it before this show even began. I'm hoping he was in the bottom 2 with Aiden, and whoever is voting for him slacks off next week as a result. I'd rather see him go before Kate.

The thought of someone only famous for having 8 children beating Mr. Perfect would just be too fitting, in my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3876705;
    The TLC execs must pinch themselves every night wondering how they were so fortunate to have stumbled upon the most narcissistic, greedy creature in the universe, who is willing to sell out her children and all her family for money and fame (more like infamy). If she weren't so despicable, I could almost feel sorry for how TLC is using and manipulating her.
    Very well said. ITA.

Good points, Mushy. TLC cares so much about Kate and her kids they are sending her back on the road away from them for the new show. They don't give a hoot about that family but sadly, neither does the mother so they have it pretty easy. Flash some money and a camera and she's there.

Aiden and Edyta were just on Kimmel. Aiden was absolutely delightful and quite funny. Unfortunately for him, Edyta is a horrible pro partner. She has never choreographed for her celebrity. She just makes the guy stand there like a may-pole so she can dance around him. That's one thing Cheryl is terrific doing: even if her celeb isn't particularly talented, she at least has them moving. I've feared Aiden was cannon fodder from the beginning. I think that unfortunately the next two--"in no particular order"--considered expendable will be Erin and Niecy. Then it will be either Evan or Chad, because they'll need to lose a guy. They're bound to keep the spectacularly untalented doofus Jake around until much closer to the premier of the new Bachelorette season at the end of May.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Arrgh Why am I being tortured with the presence of Khate Gosselin yet again. Who can I pay to get her off my screen?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread