+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 3/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Did anyone else notice Ryan and Ashleigh Di Lello in the audience? It was so fun to see them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by whitecat;3866328;
    Just saw this Tweet from Tom. oh-oh

Tom_Bergeron

'Just found out tonight's bottom two on DWTS! WTF???'
    Bergeron better not be messing with me. There's only 3 people that would not be a WTF ouster for me: Buzz, Aiden, and Kate (though considering I'm convinced the show won't let her be eliminated first, maybe that will be a shock). So if he wants to create drama there better be something good happening! And yeah, it could very well be a fake bottom 2. One real bottom dweller, and someone like Kate to get us excited at the thought she's leaving.

Eh, Tom's probably yanking everyone's chains to make sure we watch. Still betting on Buzz or Aiden.

Don't forget, the show starts at 8 p.m. tonight, up against American Idol. Hence why Tom is probably making it up. If I had twitter, I'd be inclined to tweet him and tell him 'if it's anyone but Aiden/Buzz/Kate then I'll believe your hype'.

If it's not those 3, my only other guess is Shannen Everyone else kind of has more of profile on this show and more of a fanbase I guess. Shannen's jive was pretty pitiful last night. I don't mind her, but wouldn't miss Mark.

Of course, Tom's remarks could also be more a surprise at who's not in the bottom 2 (which again, won't be a huge surprise if it's not Kate).
    Last edited by karalott; 03-30-2010 at 06:53 PM.

It better not be Chad and Cheryl, or I'll be ranting all night long.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3866370;
    It better not be Chad and Cheryl, or I'll be ranting all night long.
    We'll know in 2 hours and 11 minutes.

I doubt it's them. Chad seems to be really popular, at least online, and many felt the judges have screwed them over both weeks by scores and didn't care for the judges comments last night.

I think Tom is much ado about nothing.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3866371;
    We'll know in 2 hours and 11 minutes.

I doubt it's them. Chad seems to be really popular, at least online, and many felt the judges have screwed them over both weeks by scores and didn't care for the judges comments last night.

I think Tom is much ado about nothing.
    I hope you are right. I don't want team OchoCinco to leave before a few of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3866344;
    So true, Ness.
    I'm a little surprised to hear people defending Khate on this and saying Tony should "teach her the way she needs to learn." I think we have to remember that A. he's the dance teacher and has taught many, many people. He is the expert and she needs to listen and TRY. Remember he said last week that she wasn't making it clear that she really wanted to be there?
    And B. the moment we saw was probably the culmination of her disagreeing with him and what he was trying to do and probably giving him a hard time day in, day out. Also, judging from what I've seen of her personality in the past and comparing it to what I've seen of his...well, duh! Who you think would be at fault in this case? (Of those who have watched her past behavior - hey, at least she hasn't ridiculed him publicly for breathing too loudly as she did Jon.)
    Also, can I just say, I'm so tired of hearing her say, "I'm not a dancer...?" That's the point of the show, lady. Except perhaps, Nicole, all of these people are out of their comfort zones. Do you hear Buzz, for example, complaining?
    Agreed.

Honestly, my strong feeling is that Kate just saw dollar signs with this and jumped at it. She never realized, or stopped to think, however, that this is a serious endeavor. ESPECIALLY to the pros, who make their living (and I'm no expert, but I believe it's most likely a GOOD living!) at doing this, i.e., dancing and teaching OTHERS --- no matter HOW green --- to dance, as well.

I believe she may have thought this was going to be a walk in the park, and a way for her to pick up mucho ducats, and, quite frankly, keep herself in the limelight and looking good without having to pay a dime for it at the same time. Then, she started it, found she actually had to WORK at it, and her usual modus operandi kicked in.

It just kicked in with the WRONG person!

And yep, I DID see that episode where she told Jon he was breathing too loudly (). My jaw hit the floor. I remember thinking when I saw that that if I was him, I probably would've come back at her with something to the effect of:

"So I'M breathing too loudly? Too bad, 'cause right now, it's bothering me that YOU'RE breathing at ALL!"

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Okay, Ness. I laughed out loud to that one!

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3866376;
    Agreed.

Honestly, my strong feeling is that Kate just saw dollar signs with this and jumped at it. She never realized, or stopped to think, however, that this is a serious endeavor. ESPECIALLY to the pros, who make their living (and I'm no expert, but I believe it's most likely a GOOD living!) at doing this, i.e., dancing and teaching OTHERS --- no matter HOW green --- to dance, as well.

I believe she may have thought this was going to be a walk in the park, and a way for her to pick up mucho ducats, and, quite frankly, keep herself in the limelight and looking good without having to pay a dime for it at the same time. Then, she started it, found she actually had to WORK at it, and her usual modus operandi kicked in.

It just kicked in with the WRONG person!

And yep, I DID see that episode where she told Jon he was breathing too loudly (). My jaw hit the floor. I remember thinking when I saw that that if I was him, I probably would've come back at her with something to the effect of:

"So I'M breathing too loudly? Too bad, 'cause right now, it's bothering me that YOU'RE breathing at ALL!"

As dancing is becoming more popular in our culture through these tv shows and such they are making a better living, but still not an awful lot. They don't make much competing in the beggining, they do it for the love of it. When they've won enough then they are "allowed" to be an NDA approved teacher, but teaching doesn't bring in big bucks really. You can judge at competitions and that pays ok, but basically these dancers have to work, hustle for jobs and work hard to make a decent living.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3866973;
    As dancing is becoming more popular in our culture through these tv shows and such they are making a better living, but still not an awful lot. They don't make much competing in the beggining, they do it for the love of it. When they've won enough then they are "allowed" to be an NDA approved teacher, but teaching doesn't bring in big bucks really. You can judge at competitions and that pays ok, but basically these dancers have to work, hustle for jobs and work hard to make a decent living.
    Thanks for the info!

Should've clarified, perhaps, but when I spoke of a "good" living, I was mostly pretty much strictly speaking of the pros who are now and may have been on THIS show, when I made my original statement.

Makes a lot of sense that they'd probably need and have to hustle, PRIOR to getting on DWTS, but with the exposure and name-recognition they'd get after being on it --- ESPECIALLY if they've done it (i.e., been on the show) for a number of years --- I could see things going a bit easier for them in the "get down and hustle to make ends meet" category.

But, then again, I'm no expert, anyway!

Last edited by ness; 03-31-2010 at 01:48 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3866974;
    Thanks for the info!

Should've clarified, perhaps, but when I spoke of a "good" living, I was mostly pretty much strictly speaking of the pros who are now and may have been on THIS show, when I made my original statement.

Makes a lot of sense that they'd probably need and have to hustle, PRIOR to getting on DWTS, but with the exposure and name-recognition they'd get after being on it --- ESPECIALLY if they've done it (i.e., been on the show) for a number of years --- I could see things going a bit easier for them in the "get down and hustle to make ends meet" category.

But, then again, I'm no expert, anyway!

I would assume you're right about that. The ones that continue to chase fame and do records and endorsements and all do probably very well.

One young lady I know, my kids former coach, has been on and off the show since the beginning (it was such a sweet show when it started) and she's doing a nice middle class income teaching and some exhibitions. No Mansions, no private planes, but what most of us would call a comfortable living. She's not really into the fame chasing thing though, despite being on the show I guess. I'm sure if she wanted more she could get and agent to track down things for her to do.

+ Reply to Thread