+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 Season 10 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/22 Season 10 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3860437;
    Jake was better than I expected but I still want him off my TV screen. Sorry to be so harsh but I am tired and bored with this guy.

Ditto. And what's wrong with his face ? That excited "smile" or whatever makes him look like he's insane. But then again ....
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Stupid question alert!

What is "VFTW"? It was used here and on another thread.

I'm usually very good at acronyms...oh well.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I'm pretty sure it means Vote for the Worst.

I was going nuts the past few days because I couldn't figure out what VW meant. Then it finally hit me....Vienna Waltz! D'uh!

I liked the football player, Chad. Hope he sticks around.

Shannen surprised me. I thought she did okay. Had a lot of jitters, but I thought she did well.

Liked Evan too, but I knew I would find him enjoyable to watch.

Nicole, no surprise there.

Don't know who Aiden is, but don't think he will last too long.

Love Niecy!

Erin should stick around. She did okay.

I was surprised at Jake. He did better than I expected. Still looks like he is riding a horse to me....whether he is walking or dancing!

Buzz was painful to watch, even though I thought he was having a great time out on the dance floor.

KHate cannot go soon enough for me. She cannot dance. She is a star in her own mind and will have a hard time facing the truth that she really can't cut it on this show.

I missed Pam's dance since the two dogs had to go outside! I dvr'd the show so I will watch her performance.

Cracked up over Tom's mention of the British space program. And even though she was trying to be complimentary, when CA mentioned to KHate that she's had no training, I went Please get her off my screen.

Thanks for the PM about VFTW!

I hate to ask, since I haven't watched the show...

But what is the deadline for voting online? Yes, maybe I should go to the (hideous) ABC site, but I thought that I would rather ask my friends here.

ETA: MamaC, that is too funny about Jake. But I really don't see him as a horseback rider (in real life).
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 03-23-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3860734;

But what is the deadline for voting online? Yes, maybe I should go to the (hideous) ABC site, but I thought that I would rather ask my friends here.
    Since I was just there, I can tell you that it's noon tomorrow/today depending on your time zone.

I didn't watch Kate's show before, but why is she on DWTS when it looks like she doesn't want to be there in the first place? Also I'd rather watch even Buzz again than watch Kate. And I found it kinda funny that in her intro package, Ashley said she was gunning for the mirrorball trophy and then she get's introduced to Buzz.

Also I thought Brooke did a decent job as host, but the thing that bothered me most was how on a number of occasions while interviewing in the fishbowl, she would pull the mic away before the person had finished. I hope that she doesn't keep doing that because I found it really annoying. Maybe it was first show jitters but we'll see.

And also I MUCH prefer the old backstage than the new setup with the window. Don't know why they changed that and I found it weird to have couples having to stand behind the couple being interviewed by Brooke. Why not just change the seating arrangement so that the seats are in front of the window and you can see all the couples in the background like before? That way you can see the other couples reactions like you could previously.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3860739;
    Since I was just there, I can tell you that it's noon tomorrow/today depending on your time zone.
    TY, Bunny!

I'm sure that I will incite a riot but I am going to vote without having watched the show yet. I probably can't watch the show before the voting deadline, and I already have faves and non-faves. Yep, some of us just watch for entertainment and want to see more or less of some of them.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I thought Brooke did a pretty good job...a great improvement on Samantha.

Loved Chad and thought he was underscored as well.

Ashley (sp?) has lost weight and now I think she looks a bit like Melissa Rycroft.

I know that Erin Andrews had long legs, but I can't get over the wing span on that girl! Like her, but at times she looked a little Olive Oil-ish to me.

Aiden seemed fun, hopefully he will improve. What was with all his shirts with the hearts...is he promoting something?

I like Chad the best for the guys and I'm hoping that Niecy continues to improve each week!

Jake was fine until he went into full throttle cheese mode... "proposing to Vienna was the honor of my life".

The rehearsal footage with Tony and Kate made me so sad for Tony! I don't know what slogan I would rather go with, "Eliminate Kate" or "Free Tony." If only Jon hadn't gone so berserk, then maybe we would have been spared this!

Of course, Derek and Nicole did well. I don't mind Derek, well, actually, I like him.

Don't like Shannen...now she is one that needs the spray tan!

Of course, Niecy and all her "jiggly parts" were entertaining!

Buzz, you are a great man, but dancer you are not. I was also very scared looking at his wife. Why can't women just age gracefully...it looks so much better!

I just shake my head at Pam. Have some respect for yourself! Also, how tall is her partner. He looked quite a bit smaller than Tom and Tom isn't that tall.

Evan did well. He needs to ramp up his personality so he gets some votes.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3860741;
    I didn't watch Kate's show before, but why is she on DWTS when it looks like she doesn't want to be there in the first place? Also I'd rather watch even Buzz again than watch Kate. And I found it kinda funny that in her intro package, Ashley said she was gunning for the mirrorball trophy and then she get's introduced to Buzz.

Also I thought Brooke did a decent job as host, but the thing that bothered me most was how on a number of occasions while interviewing in the fishbowl, she would pull the mic away before the person had finished. I hope that she doesn't keep doing that because I found it really annoying. Maybe it was first show jitters but we'll see.

And also I MUCH prefer the old backstage than the new setup with the window. Don't know why they changed that and I found it weird to have couples having to stand behind the couple being interviewed by Brooke. Why not just change the seating arrangement so that the seats are in front of the window and you can see all the couples in the background like before? That way you can see the other couples reactions like you could previously.
    Hit the nail on the head! She definitely needs to fix that.

I really liked the premiere. I was upset when this cast was first announced, but I've really turned around on most of them. Jake is still not winning me over though, and I hope he's the first out. And Evan... so disappointing! He's a good dancer, but he is completely void of personality.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3860726;
    Ditto. And what's wrong with his face ? That excited "smile" or whatever makes him look like he's insane. But then again ....
    How do you cope with presidents? I changed the channel when Bush came on and now mute Obama.

I can handle Pavelka for a few more weeks because his show was a little shorter than usual after he sent some girls home early.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

+ Reply to Thread