Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Brooke Burke
    Co-Host

First hosting job: E!'s Wild On

Hometown: Tuscon, Arizona

Did You Know? Brooke won a Spike TV Video Game Award for Best Performance by a Human/Female

Television personality and new co-host of Dancing with the Stars, Brooke Burke won the hearts and votes of America when she became the show's Season Seven Champion with her dance partner, Derek Hough.

Most recently, Brooke has been working as the new host of TV Land's hit reality competition series She's Got the Look. The busy mother of four can also be seen as the new "Mommy Correspondent" on the nationally syndicated hit daytime talk show The Doctors. Brooke serves as a liaison between mothers everywhere and the esteemed panel of doctors.

Recognized worldwide as host of the hit travel series Wild On!, Brooke has since hosted several high profile network series, including Rock Star: INXS and Rock Star: Supernova. On the acting front, she has guest starred on such television series as Las Vegas, Less than Perfect, Eve, It's All Relative, The Bernie Mac Show, Monk, Rock Me Baby and That's Life.

Brooke is a mother of four and recently launched her own baby store, BabooshBaby.com, a site where she shares her secrets (and some products she used) to get back in shape after giving birth. She has graced numerous magazine covers, has top-selling swimsuit calendars and is regularly ranked in men's magazines as one of the sexiest women in the world today. With over 1.7 million Twitter followers and growing daily, Brooke has quickly made a name for herself as a trusted resource in the world of motherhood and the social media network. She recently became CEO of ModernMom.com, an online community for the woman behind the mom. As a pro blogger, Brooke offers an in-depth look into her personal life, which can be experienced in her daily blog at ModernMom.com.

Although she is juggling a hectic schedule and family of six, Brooke is embracing many opportunities with grace and the ability to dance through the chaos.

ABC.com - Brooke Burke page
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-15-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

I'm glad Brooke was chosen for the position. I loved her on Wild On and Rock Star and was pleased when she won Season Seven.

Anyone is better than Melissa so... hello, Brooke!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I never saw Wild On and didn't really like her as a host on Rock Star.
    She seems perfectly nice, but lacking in dynamism to me, which is odd considering her bio reads as if she barely has time to even think about sitting down.
    I felt the same about her dancing. She was technically very good, at least to my untrained eyes, but she didn't have a lot of oomph.
    I'm still pleased she got this gig though rather than her reported competition.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I liked Brooke on Wild On, didn't watch Rock Star, and found her to be a little on the boring side as season 7 of DWTS dragged on. But I agree, she's better than some of the alternatives.

FORT Fogey

I thought she was adequate on Rockstar. She definitely is not overly talkative that is for sure. I think that Tom is a camera ham, and she might just balance him the right way. Like the poster above stated, anything is better than Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3855251;
    Anyone is better than Melissa so... hello, Brooke!
    In my opinion, Brooke is a good choice, but "anyone is better than Melissa" is over the top. How soon some forget Samantha Harris...

I think Brooke will do a good job. I think Melissa would have done a good job. I hope she shows up once in a while still.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I agree that Brooke is a bit boring, but I prefer boring to annoying. I'm much happier to see Brooke get this hosting gig than Melissa, and I'm not sorry to see Samantha leave.

I think Brooke will do a fine job, not outstanding like Cat Deeley on SYTYCD, but hosts like Cat are few and far between.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3855825;
    I agree that Brooke is a bit boring, but I prefer boring to annoying. I'm much happier to see Brooke get this hosting gig than Melissa, and I'm not sorry to see Samantha leave.

I think Brooke will do a fine job, not outstanding like Cat Deeley on SYTYCD, but hosts like Cat are few and far between.

Cat is good, but she is the only one on the show. I think the two host thing is hard when they are not interacting hosts. Tom is so powerful that I think it is all they need. I would like them to just score them on the dance floor, and than move on. Tom could ask them a few questions on the dance floor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast