+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

FORT Fogey

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

ABC only cares about looks as far as women go. They do not care about talent at all. It is disgusting, and it is rampant on all their shows. I know that it is everywhere, but ABC is really infamous for it.

FORT Regular

I actually started to like Brooke as co-host by the end. I think she'll grow into the job. I enjoyed her on Rock Star, so I think it's just a matter of getting comfortable in the role. Tom Bergeron is so, so good that I think he is a tough act to follow. They do seem to have a good rapport.

I didn't particularly like Brooke as a dancer (she left me a little cold), but I do think that she shows empathy for the contestents, having been in their shoes. I saw one still of her, after Erin and Maks were eliminated, wiping a tear from Erin's cheek. I think showing warmth on a live show is probably very hard. Tom certainly does it, but I think Brooke is getting there.

(FYI - I actually didn't hate Samantha, but she did make me cringe more than once. And although I like Melissa Rycroft, I think she is a little too hyper for that co-host role.)

Two words for Brooke Burke - Wet Noodle.

Hope they replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3917197;
    I actually started to like Brooke as co-host by the end. I think she'll grow into the job. I enjoyed her on Rock Star, so I think it's just a matter of getting comfortable in the role. Tom Bergeron is so, so good that I think he is a tough act to follow. They do seem to have a good rapport.

I didn't particularly like Brooke as a dancer (she left me a little cold), but I do think that she shows empathy for the contestents, having been in their shoes. I saw one still of her, after Erin and Maks were eliminated, wiping a tear from Erin's cheek. I think showing warmth on a live show is probably very hard. Tom certainly does it, but I think Brooke is getting there.

(FYI - I actually didn't hate Samantha, but she did make me cringe more than once. And although I like Melissa Rycroft, I think she is a little too hyper for that co-host role.)

LOL - I could have written this post Dobby - I agree on all points. I liked her on Rockstar (not so much when she was on the show dancing) hopefully she'll be more comfortable next season (didn't care much for Samantha either). She won me over when Erin and Maks were giving their goodbye speech - you can tell she was moved she kept on fidgeting and looking at Tom like she was going to start crying. I also agree -Tom is wonderful. So witty - love the banter between him and the judges - he's great.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3920696;
    LOL - I could have written this post Dobby - I agree on all points. I liked her on Rockstar (not so much when she was on the show dancing) hopefully she'll be more comfortable next season (didn't care much for Samantha either). She won me over when Erin and Maks were giving their goodbye speech - you can tell she was moved she kept on fidgeting and looking at Tom like she was going to start crying. I also agree -Tom is wonderful. So witty - love the banter between him and the judges - he's great.
    LOL. I thought she was really loosening up towards the end. And did you notice Erin and Maks started messing with her a little?

She really did seem overcome when they got eliminated and, to me, came across as very supportive and sweet. Definitely room to grow.

So sad this season is over. Last night was a let down!

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3920724;
    LOL. I thought she was really loosening up towards the end. And did you notice Erin and Maks started messing with her a little?

She really did seem overcome when they got eliminated and, to me, came across as very supportive and sweet. Definitely room to grow.

So sad this season is over. Last night was a let down!

This was my most favorite season ever. So many great people this time. If Nicole wasn't on there were 4-5 couples that could have been contenders for the title.

I don't think I can watch Maks dance with anyone else - it'll never be the same for me....

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3917197;

Sad to say, but I really don't think Brooke has grown at all in this job.

She is beautiful but is just so humorless.

The show needs some repartee and someone like Kelly Ripa in that job. To me Brooke just isn't a "fit"
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Brooke's gotten worse this season. Maybe having to share the stage isn't her thing, but she's boring, and makes Samantha seem witty. I never watched the other show she hosted (Rock Star), and don't really remember her that well from Wild On.

I watched Brooke on Rock Star and, while she was better on that, she was still vapid and unable to ad lib.
    I agree with Kara, though. If anything, she has managed to get even worse this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

She's awful. Beautiful woman with a beautiful figure but they dress her horribly. She looks cheap and classless. Samantha always looked so elegant and pretty.

+ Reply to Thread