+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3867055;
    Brooke will get used to the unnatural constraints on a conversation, but those constraints do need to be in place, and she does need a few seconds (nowhere near 30) to hand the reins back to Tom.
    Not to mention that the burden goes the other way eventually. When they start eliminating contestants, it becomes quite common for the Backstage Interview Girl to have to kill time rather than compress it. There's a soft spot, right before each shrinking of the episode sizes (from 2 hrs. to 90 minutes, and then finally down to 60 minutes) and/or between when they double up the number of dances, where there's marginally less content for the show. They let Len talk a bit more, and they let the backstage stuff go slightly longer. It always happens.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think Brooke did pretty well this week.

Seeing Mellisa on the same show really pointed out the huge difference in their approaches. I actually liked seeing them both since I like Mellisa's energy, but couldn't take 2 full hours of it.

I think that Mellisa's segment would have been less interesting if Brooke did it instead of Mellisa--that segment really needed a high-energy approach.

So what's ABC's plan--dual co-hosts?

Melissa is (supposedly, I've never seen her) a reporter for Good Morning America, so she already works for ABC. It's logical that they would use her on DWTS too while she's under contract.

But Brooke is the co-host this season. Melissa is one of those people they bring back occasionally, like Adam Corolla.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Brooke's been okay. The set up is a little awkward but I think she's improved a little since her first night. I did like the idea of rotating co-hosts because I would have enjoyed seeing the mix of all the previous contestants. I think we might see more of Mel but in a special correspondent way again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't really see the point as to why Melissa needed to come back. Much like the Bee Gees last season when she was on for 2 seconds when they hyped her big performance comeback.

Brooke I find boring and something about her interviewing skills seems awkward at times. I think having to wing it herself up in the glass skybox doesn't do her any favors. She's getting better, though, at focusing on the couples and not cutting them off.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3873175;
    I don't really see the point as to why Melissa needed to come back. Much like the Bee Gees last season when she was on for 2 seconds when they hyped her big performance comeback.

Brooke I find boring and something about her interviewing skills seems awkward at times. I think having to wing it herself up in the glass skybox doesn't do her any favors. She's getting better, though, at focusing on the couples and not cutting them off.
    I figure they used Melissa to interview audience members because they didn't have any funny bits ready, unlike last week. It's a quick/cheap way to have something else for people to look at during a results show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Brooke seems very uncomfortable, particularly when the couple gets a low score. She is lost for words on just what to say next. They need someone with more enthusiasm and energy to keep people interested in the backstage area where the dancers gather. Don't get me wrong she did very well in the competition, just may not be the best person to fill the shoes left by the former co host's departure.

It's not the hosts; it's the job. It's almost impossible to do well. No more post-dance interviews, please!

P.S. Do you think Sam misses her old job? Now I see her on Entertainment Tonight where she is asking Hector Penate questions like "Did you have sex in Larry King's bed?" lol.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

lol, Charm, I doubt she misses it, seems she has a pretty expanded gig now on ET. I think it's weird that I hardly recognize her on ET because she isn't using that weird lower register voice she used on Stars. That was what was so odd and then it made it hard to understand what she was saying. I always got the gist of it but sometimes I had to rewind several times before the ah ha moment of understanding what she just said. I do think she is a beautiful girl, she is flashy and different, sort of a Cher vibe attraction like you never knew what she was going to wear or how her hair was going to be done that was sort of fascinating. It seemed at first like the show lost a little glamor without her on it but now I am getting used to the more girl next door approach that Brooke has. Though not exciting she is doing a good job. She is very much growing on me as the co-host. I think if she stays around she will be better and better. Did she really ask Hector Panate that question? OMG, is she responsible for her own questions? good lard.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Knowing Samantha I wouldn't put it past her, but that is why I avoid these entertainment shows all together anymore. They're nothing more than tabloid sleaze for TV lovers. I caught the last 10 minutes of The Insider tonight and that show seemed to bring up a topic, give it 2 seconds of notice, and switch to something completely different.

I was starting to warm to Brooke, but she's becoming bland and awkward again. I think she's finally gaining confidence, but she isn't adding anything. I think they're better off not having a co-host, or having a pro fill in. At least I wouldn't get annoyed with them saying 'I know what you're feeling' and 'I've been there'. I don't know why it bugs me with Brooke but it does. I guess she serves the purpose, though if they want someone who blends into the background, is neutral, and doesn't overshadow time, and can stall for time if they need her to wing it. That's awkward in itself.

+ Reply to Thread