+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

FORT Fogey

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I had a co-worker to got a cancerous tumor in her thyroid. She had it treated with radiation so she didn't get a scar on her neck. Maybe they caught hers sooner than Brooke caught hers, or she opted for radiation to try to avoid a scar. She doesn't work here anymore but I assume she's doing ok.

My sister was also having trouble with her thyroid for a while. She didn't go into details with me about how she had it treated.

I feel for anyone dealing with any type of cancer. It's a scary thing to deal with, not just for the patient but for everyone who loves them.
    Wherever I saw this article the first time had a comment section. On this section, there were several ladies who had experienced this same cancer and surgery. A couple of them commented that the scar might not perhaps be quite as large as Brooke is anticipating; however, one woman did say that the week after the surgery was really, really bad. I am going to keep Brooke in my thoughts and prayers.

Also, the surgery is usually very successful, but it is serious. I can't blame Brooke, however, for being concerned with the scar since she makes her living with her image. She has to be conscious of her looks - she has no other choice. Maybe after the difficult surgical work is done, a plastic surgeon can come in and sew up the incision. They usually do the kind of work that leaves the least noticable scar tissue.

While I have never liked Brooke as a co-host and that has not changed, I do wish her well in her treatment against this dreadful disease. I sincerely hope she will have a full recovery.
    ness, AmyKay, chrisg and 3 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Very jarring news about Brooke but it is encouraging that survival rates are so high. I agree with everyone else in wishing her a successful surgery and full recovery and it really is a strong reminder that DWTS is just a fluff show in comparison to so many serious things that go on in people's lives.
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Brooke underwent successful surgery yesterday for her thyroid cancer. Article is here:

Brooke Burke-Charvet recovering after successful thyroid cancer surgery - NY Daily News

I hope she continues her recovery. I wish her well. I think she loosened up last season and was more likeable. I want her to return to that form again next season.
    Florimel likes this.

I am glad it went well for her. She looks pretty darned good for have four children. Good thoughts for Brooke
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Really glad to know Brooke made it through the op just fine.

My good thoughts and "Attagirls!" are still beaming out to her!
    chrisg and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Who is John Galt?

I can also relate as I just had a thyroid cancer scare myself. I had a large cyst on my thyroid that appeared suddenly. I had a ultrasound and they discovered multiple cysts, but most were very tiny. The large one was biopsied and drained. It was mostly composed of fluid and blood and was benign. I am very lucky, but have to get an ultrasound in another four months just to be sure.

Brooke Burke is so beautiful and I understand her concern about a scar, but removal is probably the best way to insure a positive diagnosis for the future. I think I'd rather have that than chemo and/or radiation, but then I could care less about a scar being past the period where looks are an issue.

Brooke was on The View today, she was a co host. She looked lovely, she was very relaxed, and most importantly she is cancer free.Good to hear.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

I'm glad to hear that. Not only is she beautiful, but she seems like such a nice person.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

+ Reply to Thread