+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I do as well.But I like to hear what they say though, its off the cuff , so its them speaking right after they have danced .The one question I HATE! is hmm 23 points what do you think about that score? what a dumb question. What are they supposed to say to it.
    I agree. Perhaps we should send in a list of suggested questions, maybe.

- That looked like fun, What's your favorite part of the fill in the dance

- Which feed back from the judges will be most helpful for next week?

She should also ask or say something that allows the Star or the Pro to open up about something of their choice.

Brooke is definitely a beauty, but really not cut out for a job like this. I almost like the idea of revolving co-hosts ... as Kelly has been doing on live.

Maybe Brooke could just take over for Vanna White if/when Vanna retires.
    DancingDad and Fanny Mare like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Yes that would work.Good questions. Maybe some of the tweets they get( which I cant stand to see all the time) she could read their questions.

I loathe the part, how happy are you with a 10??

Well Brooke @@@$##@@@!! LOL
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought she was notably better, but maybe I was just caught up in all the good feelings of the evening. I recall one question she posed that sounded so out of character (and useful) that I was surprised. She also seemed less stiff.

I did start to re-think her usual question "how do you feel about that?" in light of Tom's hint that judges give points during rehearsal. So Brooke's real question is "You received 24 points in practice, and 23 points last week, so how do you feel about getting 22 points tonight?" She just shortens it to say "How do you feel about that?" and it sounds really stupid. If she is going to ask about relative scores, say something like "Your dance didn't go as well as practice...what happened?", or "Any ideas why your dance wasn't as well received as last week?"

I'm curious to know more details about the practice judging. Like, do the real judges know the scores from practice? If yes, that would bias their opinion, but if no they risk giving out scores in no relation to the practice score. And if the real judges are not judging practice, who is? And are these people better judges? Maybe some can be promoted? Are they judging with real dance rules or the Bruno/CA rules? Are they passing their comments on to Bruno/CA so they sound as if they know what they are talking about? Maybe this is just a week one thing to give the producers an idea how to order the couples, or maybe it happens every week.
    fireflyer likes this.

FORT Fogey

I actually think Brooke is doing a smidge better this season. Maybe she was coached prior, given all the criticism on this board and others. However, whoever dressed her last night should be flogged, or at least have their eyesight examined. That bright yellow was just not her color. It was nauseating. Plus, I hated the way her breasts were pushed together and half of each breast was sticking out of the middle of her chest. She doesn't need anything that blatant to look sexy.
    frosty and Coco46 like this.

OMG, I am SO SO SO sick of her. I think we need to send her a list of REAL questions before next season so she can practice them. She is so annoying and her questions just are stupid and repetitive. I am TIRED of her.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

If there was a moment or two when her questions were better, that has gone and we are back to "How do you feel about that?"

FORT Fogey

I don't think anyone in that position could come up with questions that would interest us. What would be a good question? I cannot think of anything I want to hear. She could read the teleprompter that had fun facts about the dancers. That would be better.

FORT Fogey

Or maybe they could just get rid of her and her useless part of the show. LOL
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-25-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I thought she was notably better, but maybe I was just caught up in all the good feelings of the evening. I recall one question she posed that sounded so out of character (and useful) that I was surprised. She also seemed less stiff.

I did start to re-think her usual question "how do you feel about that?" in light of Tom's hint that judges give points during rehearsal. So Brooke's real question is "You received 24 points in practice, and 23 points last week, so how do you feel about getting 22 points tonight?" She just shortens it to say "How do you feel about that?" and it sounds really stupid. If she is going to ask about relative scores, say something like "Your dance didn't go as well as practice...what happened?", or "Any ideas why your dance wasn't as well received as last week?"

I'm curious to know more details about the practice judging. Like, do the real judges know the scores from practice? If yes, that would bias their opinion, but if no they risk giving out scores in no relation to the practice score. And if the real judges are not judging practice, who is? And are these people better judges? Maybe some can be promoted? Are they judging with real dance rules or the Bruno/CA rules? Are they passing their comments on to Bruno/CA so they sound as if they know what they are talking about? Maybe this is just a week one thing to give the producers an idea how to order the couples, or maybe it happens every week.
    I think the judges at least review the dress rehearsal performance. I remember when something happened with Melissa in Season 8 and they had to go off her dress rehearsal scores because she couldn't dance that night. They aren't going full force at that point, but if I recall correctly, it is the Three Stooges scoring the dress rehearsal.

Brooke is doing better than last season but she still gets under my skin when she recites planned/rehearsed sentences at the beginning of the show and just before/after commercial breaks. That's when she sounds so darn forced and fake. At least when she interviews the "stars" after they've danced she has a normal tone to her voice.

She actually bothers me much much less than Samantha Harris who used to make me break out in hives. ARGH!!!

I thought the BEST co-host with Tom was Drew Lachey. Loved him in the role if only for the short stint he had while Samantha was on maternity leave.
    fireflyer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread