+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Ellen lives out there. She's funny, warm, knows how to interview, and it wouldn't add much time to her busy schedule to bop over there two nights a week. The only problems are that they couldn't dress her up in those slinky gowns, and her talent and personality might outshine Tom, so I doubt he'd go for that. Seriously, surely there must be someone who is beautiful (if that's what they want), glib, and can think on her feet to do that job. What about Mary Hart? She's retired, isn't she? Maybe she would like a little part-time gig.
    As I've said before, get Tanith Belbin. She was great on Skating with the Stars last year. She has Brooke's beauty, but is intelligent, knowledgeable about dance, and glib. Her interviews on the aforementioned show were the best thing about it.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 10-06-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    As I've said before, get Tanith Belbin. She was great on Skating with the Stars last hear. She has Brooke's beauty, but is intelligent, knowledgeable about dance, and glib. Her interviews on the aforementioned show were teh best thing about it.
    I second that.
    She was just about the only part of that show I liked.
    I wish DWTS would take note.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think the majority agree that anyone and anything is better than Brooke. She adds nothing. It's not like Tom is so bad they need someone to make him look good. In fact, he's so good at hosting it just makes her even more painful to watch and listen to. I'd prefer someone that could ask something better than 'how do you feel' 'what are you hoping for'. They should bring on a pro that's on hiatus, or at least get a more colorful TV personality.
    Shoepie and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think the majority agree that anyone and anything is better than Brooke. She adds nothing. It's not like Tom is so bad they need someone to make him look good. In fact, he's so good at hosting it just makes her even more painful to watch and listen to. I'd prefer someone that could ask something better than 'how do you feel' 'what are you hoping for'. They should bring on a pro that's on hiatus, or at least get a more colorful TV personality.

I can't even believe I am saying this but I miss Samantha - Brooke is the absolute worst. I don't know what happened to her?? I thought she was pretty good on Rockstar Supernova

I couldn't tolerate Samantha and was happy to see Brooke with the job BUT no longer. What's with her effected voice? If she just spoke with her normal voice she'd be fine. FIRE her voice coach.

I liked it when Drew Lache subed for Samantha when she was on maternity leave. Why does the co-host have to be female? Bring back Drew!! He knows the ins and outs of the show and has just the right personality for this job. Also, he and Tom feed off one another's humor.
    karalott and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

I like Brooke. She's far better than Samantha. Nice, calm, neutral. In her job, she must take back seat to everyone else while somehow maintaining enough presence of her own to avoid becoming game show type of girl like you see on the Price is Right.

I think Brooke hits the blend perfectly.

FORT Fogey

e
    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I second that.
    She was just about the only part of that show I liked.
    I wish DWTS would take note.
    Tanith did do a good job, but I'm not sure DWTS could get her. I believe she and Ben Agosto are still skating professionally, plus she's been doing figure skating commentary. She may not have the time to do DWTS, even if she were interested. But yeah, she's got ten times the personality and wit of Brooke, though so do a number of mannequins.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think any reporter or TV personality would do a good job. I've always loved Nancy O'Dell, so since she didn't get her turn on the floor, let her take over for Brooke. I think what I liked most about Drew was he's like Tom-lite. Funny, witty, and quick, but he and Tom don't overstep each other's bounds. I hate that Brooke still can't say Maks's last name right. She started off slightly better but by the second week, she was back to Brooke. And I will say I love this show, but it goes to show how interesting the cast is for me, because I actually cringed that we're only going into our fourth week. But as soon as the finale airs I'll miss it

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    It's not the hosts; it's the job. It's almost impossible to do well. No more post-dance interviews, please!

P.S. Do you think Sam misses her old job? Now I see her on Entertainment Tonight where she is asking Hector Penate questions like "Did you have sex in Larry King's bed?" lol.
    I agree, it is an impossible job. You have to have canned questions ready. A comic would do well but I dont think they want that vibe those ridiculous after interviews. She needs to work with a writers. To Chaz, "you mother is coming next week, are you excieted?" On come on, it is her mother.

FORT Fogey

I think that ABC really concentrates too much on looks for this job. Brooke and Samantha both are/were horrible. They need to find someone who actually can read cards and have good questions to ask. They need someone that is like Guiliana Rancic. She is not ugly, but certainly not gorgeous but she is good at interviewing and reading cards and prompters. They spend way too much time on ugly dresses and overdone hair on Brooke as they did Samantha.

+ Reply to Thread