+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aiden Turner & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 10

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Aiden Turner & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 10

If he pulled a groin muscle, that explains his lack of mobility on the dance floor. He's still waaaaay sexy and nice to watch. I'll bet he smokes 'em next week!

And, Edyta has a lot of her own fans, which will help a bit.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I didn't realize his real name was also used as his soap character name on AMC lol

but anyways, i didn't like his performance...i dont think he'll be first out, but im sure he wont improve much very soon...very stiff.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3856504;
    I was born in 1973 and am 37 so he is only 33. His character on the show never was developed at all so him leaving if bigger and better things come is a blessing. He is super cute, and super sweet. I think the acting everyday thing was not his strong point. I hated that they turned him crazy, but that show is so lost that again good for him for not being on it.
    Oops - boy I really can't add can I! Aiden is absolutely adorable - very sexy, handsome, and has a terrific personality. Too bad, he can't dance - AT ALL! However, the judges were too harsh on him and waaay to easy on Pamela Anderson who dances like a hooker/stripper (and acts like one too).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I re-watched their performance from Monday, and maybe I'm playing conspiracy theorist, but I feel like they have it out for Aiden. Really, he wasn't any worse than Shannen and was much better than Kate and Buzz, so no way did he deserve to be sandwiched in between those 2. Aiden doesn't really have a story line going for him or really have anything 'controversial' about him. Poor Edyta An article I read said they think she's cursed, given the partners she's gotten and the fact that she's been on this show 10 seasons but hasn't won yet, and hasn't really lucked out with partners. Although I guess the same could technically be said for Anna, Karina, Jonathan, Maks, Tony, and Louis at this point. Only seasons she had someone winnable, there was an Emmitt Smith or Kristi Yamaguchi in her way. I so hope she and Aiden get it together for Monday. Ballroom will hopefully come easier, and maybe in the mean time he can improve for any future latin rounds. Hopefully if he comes out and wows them, and a jive couple totally bombs (please let it be Kate), that'll get him the votes to stick around. He's got the potential.

And what's with Len? He didn't like Aiden jumping off the stairs, but in the past, when couples have used the stairs for quick steps he loved it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3862612;
    I re-watched their performance from Monday, and maybe I'm playing conspiracy theorist, but I feel like they have it out for Aiden. Really, he wasn't any worse than Shannen and was much better than Kate and Buzz, so no way did he deserve to be sandwiched in between those 2. Aiden doesn't really have a story line going for him or really have anything 'controversial' about him. Poor Edyta An article I read said they think she's cursed, given the partners she's gotten and the fact that she's been on this show 10 seasons but hasn't won yet, and hasn't really lucked out with partners. Although I guess the same could technically be said for Anna, Karina, Jonathan, Maks, Tony, and Louis at this point. Only seasons she had someone winnable, there was an Emmitt Smith or Kristi Yamaguchi in her way. I so hope she and Aiden get it together for Monday. Ballroom will hopefully come easier, and maybe in the mean time he can improve for any future latin rounds. Hopefully if he comes out and wows them, and a jive couple totally bombs (please let it be Kate), that'll get him the votes to stick around. He's got the potential.

And what's with Len? He didn't like Aiden jumping off the stairs, but in the past, when couples have used the stairs for quick steps he loved it.
    He's looser with dances like the jive, but overall Len just doesn't like gimmicks. He knows this is an entertainment show, but still something in him demands to be impressed with old fashioned good dancing. I don't always agree with him, and I think sometimes he's too cranky, but I will admit that I think if they get by Len with good remarks and good scores than I too am generally impressed.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

If you compare last week's rehearsal package to this week's, it's almost like watching two different couples. Yeah, I realize editing and obviously Tom even seemed like their was a theme this week-which couple is most likely to take to the stage, break into a fight, and storm off the set? But Edyta seemed plenty upset. I think she and Aiden know he's got the potential, even though I (sadly admit) he's pretty clunky. Maybe he can improve into something better but I'm just not sure if that's there. Some people just can't dance, and I think no matter how hard they try, they just never will. They have an uphill battle and unfortuantely for Edyta, I think she may join the club of her hubby and Jonathan as being the only celeb to get eliminated first back to back. Since I wouldn't be surprised if she's not back next season, I have to say I'll really, really miss her. They got my votes tonight.

As for their dance, I actually thought it was much better than last week. It's hard comparing a cha cha to a foxtrot, but it was so much more elegant, sophisticated, Aiden/Edyta seemed to be more into the dance and it just came easier for him. Fingers crossed they make it.

He was much better last night. He'll keep improving.

FORT Fanatic

Aiden and Edyta did a very good job last night and were sadly underscored for it.

FORT Fanatic

I am so glad that Aiden and Edyta made it through last night. I am looking forward to seeing them dance again!!

Edyta tweeted that she and Aiden have the quick step next week. She says he's struggling with it On the plus side, there's always Buzz and Kate. On the minus side, they are Buzz and Kate.

But I am so happy that Edyta didn't get eliminated first! Her and Aiden's are the reactions I like to see. They thought they were goners. I hope they manage to last. I'm not 100% confident that Aiden's got a good dancer in him, but I adore Edyta and want her to have a good season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast