+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

Re: Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke - Season 10

yeah, he has an ego, but it usually comes across as a fun ego thing too. He happily pays his fines for being himself. I think he is the player who set up to buy tickets to the game when it looked like it would be blacked out around here. I know a LOT of fans appreciated that.
    He seems to have a quick wit and is a real showman - I hope he does well.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3850560;
    Cape, what a great sleuth you are, but you've got to remember that the rest of us aren't from Cincinnati. If he starts that huge ego business, we are not going to be so patient with him!
    I hear you - I tried to not like him - but he is a lot of fun.

I think he grew up a little bit this year. One of his good friends - Chirs Henry - another Bengal died during the season. Chris was one of those guys who just never seemed to get it right and seemed to have finally gotten it together this season right before he died. Chad planned on wearing Henry's jersey in the game after he died. Chad would have been heavily fined for doing so but the player's union (and others) all stated they would pay the fine on Chad's behalf. On game day - Chad showed up in his own jersey and when asked why - he said that he would have wanted to wear it to honor Chris but it seemed like it would have turned into a circus and made the day about him instead of Chris. There was a point in time Chad would have wanted it to be all about him - and that guy seems to have grown up.

So I hope that he shows up and charms everyone as much as he seems to have charmed this city!

FORT Fan

I have been watching vids of Chad to get a feel for him. I'm a huge football fan and have heard of him but I didn't realize how funny he is. He cracks me up.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3850560;
    Cape, what a great sleuth you are, but you've got to remember that the rest of us aren't from Cincinnati. If he starts that huge ego business, we are not going to be so patient with him!
    I think that's something he and a few others might run into this season. That might be how he is and acts but for those who don't know him, it's probably going to grate. But I never underestimate the NFL players who've graced and probably will continue to grace the dance floor, and I certainly won't underestimate Cheryl. If he gets out of line or doesn't dedicate himself to the rules and the process, then she'll be sure to smack him back into reality

From everything I've read, I do think he'll do well and I peg him as a dark horse to possibly win it. I don't think Cheryl will let the dances get too far away from their core so I don't see him overdoing the antics or gimmicks to annoy the judges. It's not like they don't let other pros and celebs get away with it.

I started out not liking Chad Johnson (Ochocinco). I believed he was another Terrell Owens and wished he'd stop the grandstanding and let his talent as a wide receiver speak for him. But, as I listened to him speak, he changed my mind quite a lot. Yes, he definitely will pull all kinds of stunts to get attention, but I have never heard him speak badly about his teammates or coaches.

He seems to be well-liked by other players and he can be really funny. If he doesn't play the divo role, I think he'll be quite entertaining on DWTS and that viewers will like him. I'm looking forward to seeing what he and Cheryl can do.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3851015;
    I think that's something he and a few others might run into this season. That might be how he is and acts but for those who don't know him, it's probably going to grate. But I never underestimate the NFL players who've graced and probably will continue to grace the dance floor, and I certainly won't underestimate Cheryl. If he gets out of line or doesn't dedicate himself to the rules and the process, then she'll be sure to smack him back into reality

From everything I've read, I do think he'll do well and I peg him as a dark horse to possibly win it. I don't think Cheryl will let the dances get too far away from their core so I don't see him overdoing the antics or gimmicks to annoy the judges. It's not like they don't let other pros and celebs get away with it.
    I think you pegged it right here. It was either on this board or the ABC board that on one season they called Cheryl "the sergeant".
    At first I thought she was assigned to him as a continuation of her past work, but after reading descriptions of his "antics", I think he was given both the overall strongest female pro and the disciplinarian of the group.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3851321;
    I think you pegged it right here. It was either on this board or the ABC board that on one season they called Cheryl "the sergeant".
    At first I thought she was assigned to him as a continuation of her past work, but after reading descriptions of his "antics", I think he was given both the overall strongest female pro and the disciplinarian
    of the group.
    This exact thing occured to me when I saw the pairings. I'm a Chad lover (fan, not actual, lol), have each of his jerseys, Johnson and Ochocinco, and I want him to win it all. So happy he has Cheryl as a partner. That girl knows what she's doing.

FORT Newbie

From what I've seen in clips in the pre-season, Chad O is a HUMONGOUS bundle of male ego. Too much so for Cheryl, I'm going to guess, but she'll laugh anyway because she's a competitor.

He has the looks and athleticism for good dancing, if he can let himself work harder enough to learn the finer points as opposed to just rest on his looks.

After watching all of them, did they really only give Chad and Cheryl an 18? The dreaded 6-6-6, UGH! I thought he danced better than a few of them who were scored higher.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3860736;
    After watching all of them, did they really only give Chad and Cheryl an 18? The dreaded 6-6-6, UGH! I thought he danced better than a few of them who were scored higher.
    I think Chad took a hit for going first. Had he gone later I don't think he would have gotten that much higher, but we might have seen a 7 pop in there. I do think he was better than Niecy, who also scored an 18, and Jake, who scored 20. He definitely has the potential and I predict if there was an upset winner he'd be it. Cheryl knows what she's got to do so even though she's not my favorite pro, these guys aren't going anywhere. And I am looking forward to more of Chad

+ Reply to Thread