+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read they got the encore dance. They deserve it.
    Last edited by Critical; 04-06-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3871276;
    Evan's attitude is the exact opposite of Kate's. He is used to being coached and listening to his coach. He respects Anna and her superior knowledge and skill in dancing. He must be a joy for her to teach. Plus, even with broken toes, he works hard at learning and becoming more skillful. I am impressed with this young man and hope he and Anna win.
    I had forgotten all about Evan's broken toes until Brooke brought it up. Standard for her to do, but I'm sure he could have cared less if it was brought up. All the more impressive he got through that quick step without fail. I was worried about Evan's personality shining through, since I always found him a tad boring. But between last week and this week, he's having so much fun and it's coming through full steam ahead. I think this is Anna's first time having a score this high since season 2. I loved when he asked Anna to talk to him in a thick Russian accent and then said it was okay. These two have a fun relationship and that's obviously helping (listening Kate? Fun is the key word even if you can't dance).

I enjoyed Evan's dance the most, and his attitude is so gracious.

FORT Fogey

Watching Evan dance is glorious. I like watching him more than many of the male pros. He is elegant and athletic at the same time.

Evan and Anna for me are one of those couples that just make me smile while watching them dance or train. Loved Monday's dance, and the rehearsal footage. I've been a fan of his skating for years, but agreed with those who didn't think he had the world's biggest or most exciting personality. Much to my surprise, he is very quirky and funny. I'm only liking him as a person and dancer more and more each week, and he was my choice as soon as the cast announcement was made.

So happy Anna has a partner who can do well, and who is used to being pushed in training. Nice to really see what she can do with choreography for a change!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3872386;
    Evan and Anna for me are one of those couples that just make me smile while watching them dance or train. Loved Monday's dance, and the rehearsal footage. I've been a fan of his skating for years, but agreed with those who didn't think he had the world's biggest or most exciting personality. Much to my surprise, he is very quirky and funny. I'm only liking him as a person and dancer more and more each week, and he was my choice as soon as the cast announcement was made.

So happy Anna has a partner who can do well, and who is used to being pushed in training. Nice to really see what she can do with choreography for a change!
    I'm am really hoping that Anna can get a win this season, because partners like this only come along once in a blue moon for her. I would much rather see it go to her than the Hough/Ballas trio. Plus, if they keep the same number of couples next season, I have a feeling she'll be sitting out so Karina, Kym, and Lacey can return. And I doubt they'd sit Chelsie out. Anna had that model during season 5 who had a lot of potential but no name recognition, so I'm glad she got a great dancer and popular figure, and she's adding great showmanship to the routines without overdoing it. Somehow, I'm feeling like Derek's fanbase is going to end up winning it for him and Nicole in the end and that she and Evan will be taking second (in her case, again). But hopefully next season one of the long time veterans can take the trophy. I won't give up voting for Aiden/Edyta or Erin/Maks, but my hopes for Aiden making the finals isn't even slim; it's not there. Erin and Maks have a great shot but I think Evan has one of the best chances of winning. I think he's going to keep the whole package going where other stars might struggle as the competition dwindles down and it's harder to not be a stand out. Evan's used to training so I can't say the other couples who are non athletes/dancers know what that's like, but they should take note on how he treats Anna and the process of being teached.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3872723;
    I'm am really hoping that Anna can get a win this season, because partners like this only come along once in a blue moon for her. I would much rather see it go to her than the Hough/Ballas trio. Plus, if they keep the same number of couples next season, I have a feeling she'll be sitting out so Karina, Kym, and Lacey can return. And I doubt they'd sit Chelsie out. Anna had that model during season 5 who had a lot of potential but no name recognition, so I'm glad she got a great dancer and popular figure, and she's adding great showmanship to the routines without overdoing it. Somehow, I'm feeling like Derek's fanbase is going to end up winning it for him and Nicole in the end and that she and Evan will be taking second (in her case, again). But hopefully next season one of the long time veterans can take the trophy. I won't give up voting for Aiden/Edyta or Erin/Maks, but my hopes for Aiden making the finals isn't even slim; it's not there. Erin and Maks have a great shot but I think Evan has one of the best chances of winning. I think he's going to keep the whole package going where other stars might struggle as the competition dwindles down and it's harder to not be a stand out. Evan's used to training so I can't say the other couples who are non athletes/dancers know what that's like, but they should take note on how he treats Anna and the process of being teached.
    I couldn't agree more. Evan is a class act who knows how to treat Anna like a lady. He shows her the proper respect as a coach as well. His personality reminds me a little of Jonathan, her husband, who I also like. No wonder Evan and Anna get along well.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3872780;
    I couldn't agree more. Evan is a class act who knows how to treat Anna like a lady. He shows her the proper respect as a coach as well. His personality reminds me a little of Jonathan, her husband, who I also like. No wonder Evan and Anna get along well.
    I agree 100%. When you think about it, of all the celebs season to season, some of the ones you would expect to have the biggest ego and most attitude problems would be the Olympic Champions. They, unlike most everyone else on the show as a "star," have actually been declared the best in the world at whatever sport they compete in. Talk about an ego boost! And yet Evan, like others before him, is consistently polite and a hard worker.

I just love the Olympians on this show. Evan has impressed me exactly as I expected him to dancing-wise and attitude-wise, and far more than I expected personality-wise.

Who is John Galt?

A classy kid with a lot of talent. He has been well brought up and handles difficult situations with grace and dignity more befitting someone much older than he is. His handling of Plushenko's criticism of him after his big win was impressive. I am not surprised he is so gracious to his partner and is such a gentleman. His parents must be so proud. I know I would be if he were my son. He is getting more adjusted to the cameras and more comfortable with the people around him, so his true personality is coming out. I find him quite charming and a very good dancer.

For all that conflict and drama seem to be the "order of the day," Reality TV wise , it is truly a joy to be a fan of someone so likeable and so deserving.

In accord with several other posts I have read, I believe Evan will become more and more engaging as the season progresses. That bodes well for his chances of winning it all. For all I that enjoy watching Nicole and Derek, there's a lot to be said for momentum. I believe that, popularity-wise, Evan and Anna will gain a lot of that as they head into the latter part of the season.

As an aside, my memory of Scott Hamilton's commentary on the men's free skate in the Olympics was that Evan had skated so well, Plushenko would have to bring down the house to beat him. As Plushenko was skating, Scott was doubting he had enough to beat Evan. The impression that Scott favored Plushenko might have come from the short program?
    Guitar Playing Football Crazed Red-Eared Hippie

+ Reply to Thread