+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3911181;
    Online voting (which at this point is a huge hassle) you can start at 8 pm and have until I think 11 am the following day. Phone/text voting starts at 8 up until half an hour after the show ends. So Monday will be 8-9:30 for those options.
    Thanks! At least I can vote before the Bachelorette!!

GO Evan/Anna!

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3911154;
    I've never voted before, but plan on it just because I love Ev. How does the voting work on the show? Is it only a half hour after the show?
    Here are the rules from ABC.com:

Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until 11am (Eastern Time) the next day.

To vote online you have to sign up with your email address, but it only takes a few seconds.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I can hardly wait to see Evan's freestyle. It should be great!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So I guess no one can pick on Maks anymore for getting all the crying partners (pro or celeb). Seriously, what a downer on their final night of competition to have a poor freestyle clip of them arguing and Anna crying. They've had such a great partnership and became such good friends. I don't care what the judges say, I thought their VW was pure elegance and sophistication, definitely one of the best. I knew they'd get nitpicky. And while their freestyle was something on first glance, I enjoyed it more watching it back. There's no rule in the freestyle. There's no rule that says your dance has to make sense or tell a story. They had fun with it and I hated seeing Anna get crushed again. She's worked so hard and had her share of clunker partners that she's had to actually work with and gone out early more than once. Who knows when she'll get another Evan, or even when she'll be back. I hope next season, but who knows. If Erin can't win, I hope these guys do. Since both couples got to be such good friends, I'm sure they'd love the other to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3912349;
    Seriously, what a downer on their final night of competition to have a poor freestyle clip of them arguing and Anna crying. They've had such a great partnership and became such good friends. .
    I agree with your whole post, but I picked this part to highlight. What a shame on ABC's part to do this! I posted on the E/M thread that I think the judges really did Evan in tonight. And he took it all just smiling through it.

Now Erin just has to win. I don't think Evan will make it to the top 2 - through no fault of his own!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3912399;
    I agree with your whole post, but I picked this part to highlight. What a shame on ABC's part to do this! I posted on the E/M thread that I think the judges really did Evan in tonight. And he took it all just smiling through it.

Now Erin just has to win. I don't think Evan will make it to the top 2 - through no fault of his own!
    I also posted this in Erin's thread, but they really set Evan/Anna up tonight. The way that video piece was constructed, with them wanting different things, bringing in a choreographer to help them, it paved the way for the judges telling them it was a mess and Len saying it wasn't what any of them wanted. Judging by the looks on Evan/Anna's faces, I think they had it together and were happy with it. Maybe they should drop the freestyle round and just let them have another dance to do. Freestyle's often fall flat as it is, and it appears to be more nervewracking for all involved, as no one knows how the judges will score. No rules and no sense are okay for some, but not for others. I'm still hopeful Evan can pull ahead into the final 2. He's earned that. I'm crushed for Anna, though. She looked so disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3912436;
    I'm crushed for Anna, though. She looked so disappointed.
    ITA! Why don't they just hand the trophy to Nicole and be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3912478;
    ITA! Why don't they just hand the trophy to Nicole and be done with it?
    I know. I'm not even looking forward to the finale tomorrow. It'll be a long, drawn out two hours as it is, with Kate opening the show (if that's not a bad omen, I don't know what is ), Jake dancing with Vienna, and probably the second hour before we get to any of the final 3. And the judges get the power. I really wish they'd do away with them scoring the last dance. Is Kelly Monaco's win still scarring them that bad? But it's predictable. Everyone knows it and I think even Evan, Anna, Erin, and Maks know they have no shot. At least I got to enjoy them. Maybe next season we can return to a Hough/Ballas free finale. That was so enjoyable last season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3912484;
    I know. I'm not even looking forward to the finale tomorrow. It'll be a long, drawn out two hours as it is, with Kate opening the show (if that's not a bad omen, I don't know what is ), Jake dancing with Vienna, and probably the second hour before we get to any of the final 3. And the judges get the power. I really wish they'd do away with them scoring the last dance. Is Kelly Monaco's win still scarring them that bad? But it's predictable. Everyone knows it and I think even Evan, Anna, Erin, and Maks know they have no shot. At least I got to enjoy them. Maybe next season we can return to a Hough/Ballas free finale. That was so enjoyable last season.
    Yes, and finally Kym got her win. I'm still reeling from Evan and Anna's scores on the FS. 8-8-8, are they kidding me? It was fun and deserved at least a 9 or two, in my opinion. The judges made it obvious tonight.

I'm hoping that Evan and Anna have the fan vote to pull them ahead... and Erin and Maks as well. Can we just be done with Derek and the Ringer ______ (insert name) already? grrrrr

II don't see how the footage they showed can be taken out of context -- they had a major disagreement about the choreography, which left Anna underconfident about her ideas.

They also showed Derek being underconfident about the lifts he was creating, and that turned out to be true as well, since they ended up flubbing the very lift he was talking about. Seems like equal opportunity coverage to me.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread