+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

I do see a lack of chemistry between the two, and to me, it's all on Evan. Anna is doing everything right, but for all his physical ability and tall presence, I think there's a lack of maturity to his dancing. Either that, or he's simply still not used to performing with a partner. Either way, while he can perform amazing steps within dances, I also spot the same problems where he's too balletic and skater-ish. It's obvious that he's still too much in his head.

Interesting...I went to Evan's Wikipedia page to learn more about his personal life, and I came across an interesting item: Under current Skating Choreographers, there are two names -- Lori Nichol, and Mark Ballas? Is Mark choreographing his skating routines?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Mark Ballas choreographed the performance he does on The Stars On Ice Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3901245;
    I do see a lack of chemistry between the two, and to me, it's all on Evan. Anna is doing everything right, but for all his physical ability and tall presence, I think there's a lack of maturity to his dancing. Either that, or he's simply still not used to performing with a partner. Either way, while he can perform amazing steps within dances, I also spot the same problems where he's too balletic and skater-ish. It's obvious that he's still too much in his head.

Interesting...I went to Evan's Wikipedia page to learn more about his personal life, and I came across an interesting item: Under current Skating Choreographers, there are two names -- Lori Nichol, and Mark Ballas? Is Mark choreographing his skating routines?
    Evan posted on facebook that after he joined DWtS he and Mark became friends and Mark choreographed his Stars on Ice routine. They had not worked together proir to that time.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3901625;
    Evan posted on facebook that after he joined DWtS he and Mark became friends and Mark choreographed his Stars on Ice routine. They had not worked together proir to that time.
    That's so great! I wonder if Mark is secretly rooting for him?!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've seen Vera Wang in the audience a couple of times this season. I think I read here she designs Evan's skating outfits. It'd be great if she'd re-consider doing the show. I don't think it'd kill them to let her design her own outfits. She might be able to teach the pros a thing or two about designing

That's neat about the Evan/Mark connection. Mark seems to be doing a bit behind the scenes this season as a choreographer. I read he put together Joey/Melissa's DAD routine.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3901701;
    I've seen Vera Wang in the audience a couple of times this season. I think I read here she designs Evan's skating outfits. It'd be great if she'd re-consider doing the show. I don't think it'd kill them to let her design her own outfits. She might be able to teach the pros a thing or two about designing

That's neat about the Evan/Mark connection. Mark seems to be doing a bit behind the scenes this season as a choreographer. I read he put together Joey/Melissa's DAD routine.
    I'd love to see Vera do the show - as long as she didn't draw Corky as a partner. Vera has been working with Evan on his skating costumes forever and they have become good friends. I'm sure she was there supporting him.

If Vera Wang came on board I hope she would have some influence on ridding the costume design department of the floor length chiffon drape over bikini look. I hate that. Women are not to be upholstered....and poorly at that...

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3901245;
    chemistry is about sexual tension - evan and anna do not have that. You can't fake it or make it happen.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I wouldn't blame the lack of emotion on Anna and Evan's chemistry. Their rumba was very convincing--the look on his face at different points was very tender.

Yes, chemistry can be the result of sexual tension. We also have chemistry between same sex friendships, the whole "we-just-click" factor. With Evan and Anna, I see a real affection for each other but a professionalism from Anna. She's married and she's his teacher and several years older than him (I'd assume).

If anything, Evan dances like he skates, technically. As so many have said, it's astonishing to think that this guy learns two new routines and then goes off to skate. Even if the skating is a no-brainer--just automatic--the dancing, in places like rotation and hip action and emotion, is a true issue for him. He has to shut down his body and mind's most natural functions.

Much of his struggle, I think, stems from his intensive skating training and career. He's never partnered nor has he had to connect with an audience. As CA said he really does just whiz by us on skates. Evan also strikes me as a very perfectionistic guy. I read that he trained upwards of 8 hours daily between ice and gym to prepare for Vancouver. He wants to be technically perfect. He's learning how to be emotional.

He, Erin, and Chad, for me, exemplify this show's true intent: learning how to dance well by overcoming obstacles. Nicole does not fall into this category.

FORT Newbie

chemistry is about sexual tension
    Er, no it isn't. Not necessarily. There are plenty of different types of chemistry. Two friends can have a great platonic chemistry, for example.

+ Reply to Thread