+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Re: Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 10

Evan posted on his Twitter page last night that he couldn't sleep because he was so sad about the judge's scores. I hope he can pull it off in the final -- assuming he gets there. He is a class act and so much fun to watch.

FORT Fanatic

If Evan is not in the finals, I will not be watching the finals.

Is there something I'm missing about Evan? Is it because he's an Olympian?? Cuz I find his dancing very robotic and stiff and not sexual at all - unless asexual is considered sexual.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I agreed with the judges comments about his Samba, he just didn't seem to get the feel of the dance.
    This wouldn't generally be a criticism, but he was almost too elegant for the dance.
    I did think they got kicked out of the swing number too soon, but most of the couples did a pretty good job and the placings seemed slightly random.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3887352;
    Well said Kara! Evan deserved much better scores than Jake who actually stumbled on the steps (how often do you see that happen?). I think the Judges were intentionally hard on Evan because Evan makes it look so easy and/or had some predetermined score standard before the competition began last night. They were judging Evan with a very critical eye and demand more from him because they know he can do it. The guy danced with a concussion for Pete's sake!

The Judges state that the Samba did not suit Evan - he simply did not have the footwork to pull it off correctly although it looked beautiful. That is the only thing I will agree with the Judges on . . . Anna and Evan did look beautiful dancing the Samba! I hope their supporters voted in full force last night -- I know I did!
    This is what killed me about last night's judging. Looking back Len was unusually grumpy and bitter but I think he was as close to being right than the other two. Nicole shouldn't be blamed for the choreography, so give her a 10. Jake tripped and gave a much weaker performance, yet he gets the same score as everyone except Chad? Len's comments toward Erin and Evan probably were more directed that he knows they can do better (he didn't mince words with Erin but obviously that was his point with Evan). It was just a mess last night when it came to scoring. Jake never should have gotten as high as he did. I think that screwed everything else up as a result.

I doubt we ever see CA or Bruno really be critical of Nicole. She seems to be the annointed favorite for them.

There seems to be two sets of rules, one for Derek and his partner and one for everyone else.
    I don't even think I can watch these two anymore. She doesn't entertain me, but the gushing the judges do is almost nauseating. This girl can do no wrong and it's aggrivating to see everyone else have to work and even her biggest competition take a huge hit (which I guess shows they aren't on the same level) and get reamed at by the judges. She shows up and gets 10s. Some of the remarks Len has made about gimmicks and thinking of him not calling Derek out on random things makes me want to pull my hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3887629;
    I agreed with the judges comments about his Samba, he just didn't seem to get the feel of the dance.This wouldn't generally be a criticism, but he was almost too elegant for the dance.
    I did think they got kicked out of the swing number too soon, but most of the couples did a pretty good job and the placings seemed slightly random.
    bolding mine.

Well, then Anna should be blamed for having the dance be too "ballet like" which was the comment made by the judges. Derek was taken to task (and Nicole was given a better score) but Anna wasn't (and Evan wasn't given a better score).

Please keep in mind, I'm not advocating the dancers getting better scores because their pro screwed up the choreography I'm just saying CA and B set a precident last night....and they shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3887813;
    bolding mine.

Well, then Anna should be blamed for having the dance be too "ballet like" which was the comment made by the judges. Derek was taken to task (and Nicole was given a better score) but Anna wasn't (and Evan wasn't given a better score).

Please keep in mind, I'm not advocating the dancers getting better scores because their pro screwed up the choreography I'm just saying CA and B set a precident last night....and they shouldn't have.
    I didn't feel that the judges thought that the choreography was too balletic. (Which would be Anna's fault.) I think the point was that Evan's lines and execution of the dance were more graceful and balletic than raunchy and down-and-dirty like the dance requires. (Which the pro can endeavor to teach, but the dancer needs to "feel it" to execute it. Not Evan's style.)

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3887817;
    I didn't feel that the judges thought that the choreography was too balletic. (Which would be Anna's fault.) I think the point was that Evan's lines and execution of the dance were more graceful and balletic than raunchy and down-and-dirty like the dance requires. (Which the pro can endeavor to teach, but the dancer needs to "feel it" to execute it. Not Evan's style.)
    You have a right to your opinion and you very well may be right. However, I stand by my statement that a judge (in this case, Len) should never complain about a pro's choreography (in this case, Derek), and downgrade the score because of it, only to have the other judges (CA and B) overcompensate by overscoring the dance.

The scoring was really wonky last night and I hope the wrong person doesn't go home because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3887827;
    You have a right to your opinion and you very well may be right. However, I stand by my statement that a judge (in this case, Len) should never complain about a pro's choreography (in this case, Derek), and downgrade the score because of it, only to have the other judges (CA and B) overcompensate by overscoring the dance.

The scoring was really wonky last night and I hope the wrong person doesn't go home because of it.
    Well, we can certainly agree that the scoring last night was wonky!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I couldn't really believe Evan was going home but it was still very nerve-wracking waiting until the end. He and Anna looked ready to faint by the time Tom got around to them. I'm thinking the finale is probably going to end up being him, Nicole, and Chad. Niecy is probably the next to go, though she might squeak through after barely making it this week and we could see a shock. But I think she, Erin, and Pam will be the next 3 gone as Chad's fanbase will probably take them out.

So glad these guys made it through! Here's hoping for a much better week next week. I'm going to bet he and Nicole will be on opposite teams for the cha cha dance off. So he probably won't win that, either, but maybe he'll get enough points to take the top of the leaderboard back from the ringer.

+ Reply to Thread