+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

I think the whole fame ho thing with guys on the Bachelor is pretty much a given to one extent or another. There have been 3-4 that have struck me as sincerely looking to find someone but Jake, pretty clearly, wasn't one of those. One big difference between Jake as the Bachelor and on DWTS, though, is that he really did seem to be having a good time dancing. He was robotically insincere and painfully boring as the Bach but dancing actually seemed to bring out some life in him which surprised me. So, in that sense, I much preferred him on DWTS.
    Last edited by chrisg; 05-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't see why, if that's something Jake wants to pursue, he just doesn't come clean with it. It's not making him look like any less of a fame ho, unless he thinks it messes with his image (much like Melissa, whatever image she had). He seems like a phony, he seems like a phony, and if they hadn't gotten engaged on TB, I'd probably think their relationship was a complete sham for attention. At this point, I think they'll ride out whatever they have left of their 15 minutes together and figure their break up will get them back in the spotlight. Give it until the next Bachelorette ends or before the new DWTS starts to take away from that.

As for Jake dancing in his tighty whities-it wasn't the move itself, it's just the tired song and dance of the judges praising his performance for the gimmick, not for the dance (or lack of it), and the fact the whether it was important to re-create the signature Tom Cruise slide or not, he danced without his pants on and it did take away from the actual dancing and time away to put his pants back on.

Jake and Vienna really need to spend some time away from the camera. Both are very naive in front of it and it shows. It is what irritates me the most. The look on her face this past Monday, on DWTS, was abhorrent! Instead of being grateful and thankful for the opportunity that Jake was given, she looked like a sore loser. Did she really think he would win in comparison with some of the others? They both are totally clueless. His dancing is not that good and his fame isn't anything compared to an Olympic ice skater, Nicole and the others. They came off looking like fools.
    Last edited by happy2bme; 05-01-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3890840;
    As per their tweets today, Jake and Vienna are spending the day at the beach in Malibu and having dinner tonight at the Paradise Cove (Malibu) cafe, where the food is great.
    They seem firmly entrenched in the Hollywoodland lifestyle, and I don't see them leaving L.A. anytime soon.
    Vienna had tweeted that they are packing up their apartment when Jake flew briefly to New York City for the Regis and Kelly Show.
    Does anyone know where they are living in L.A. now and whether Jake has plans to sell his Dallas, Texas home?
    Gee, wonder what happened to a possible trip to Tahiti or Hawaii? Didn't Jake mention that in a recent post-DWTS interview?

Was that apartment provided for him by DWTS? Jake better get some acting gigs soon, because living in California is much more expensive than Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3891275;
    Gee, wonder what happened to a possible trip to Tahiti or Hawaii? Didn't Jake mention that in a recent post-DWTS interview?

Was that apartment provided for him by DWTS? Jake better get some acting gigs soon, because living in California is much more expensive than Texas.
    I would think that DWTS would at least help them find housing, don't know if they paid for it or not. Their next trip is to Hawaii per Vienna.

They all should just say they will look at whatever opportunities arise. Jake is now saying that. He and all the others before and after him should just say that from the start but none do. Ali is already saying she is going to fight to get her job back at FB. Do I believe that? No. If she can get on DWTS or another reality show or get some media work she will take it like the rest of them. I do hope she isn't on DWTS. I could use a break from the crossover because now it seems some like Tenley think if they don't win they get DWTS. I don't like that. We've had a few now so I hope we get a break for a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3891275;

Jake probably has the financial means for awhile from DWTS, TB, and all the opportunities that came with that. I know DWTS pays pretty decent and I would assume the others did, too. So for the time being he probably won't have to worry, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's still around doing commentary for the next bachelor/ette and DWTS. But since most reality show wannabes never find the true fame they're seeking I think that's as good as he'll get. I don't hold it against them if they want to pursue fame, because why not if they're in that position. But just be honest about it. He was already questioned once if he did TB because he was broke. So it's not like the rumors weren't already there that he had ulterior motives.

I'm also hoping the show takes a break from casting reality show crossovers. Thanks to Kate and Pam it does worry me who the show might consider a good, controversial get for the fall (because whoever it is will probably make Kate look loved). I read that a few of the guys from The Deadliest Catch are fans of the show and are petitioning to get on. But enough with the typical reality show contestants appearing on a show that, even if its cast is often a big 'who?', still have more claim to fame than getting dumped on national TV or being the temporary America's sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3891463;
    Thanks to Kate and Pam it does worry me who the show might consider a good, controversial get for the fall (because whoever it is will probably make Kate look loved).
    That rumor is going around that Tiger Woods' one bimbo (the first one discovered, you know, the "alleged" one ) wants to be on & is even taking dancing lessons to prepare.
    That would be the breaking point for me. No way should someone like that be rewarded for being a tramp & destroying a family. The total disgust would keep me away from watching, & this is a show I love.

Bringing on Reality Show contestants or the dregs of society like home-wrecking bimbos should just not happen.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3891463;
    Jake probably has the financial means for awhile from DWTS, TB, and all the opportunities that came with that. I know DWTS pays pretty decent and I would assume the others did, too. So for the time being he probably won't have to worry, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's still around doing commentary for the next bachelor/ette and DWTS. But since most reality show wannabes never find the true fame they're seeking I think that's as good as he'll get. I don't hold it against them if they want to pursue fame, because why not if they're in that position. But just be honest about it. He was already questioned once if he did TB because he was broke. So it's not like the rumors weren't already there that he had ulterior motives.

Although the actual numbers vary with each 'star', there have been a number of huge payouts on the bach/ette's - the upcoming season of ette will earn that star a six figure salary. Jake made at least that for his season and likely was compensated for his (non) acting abilities on 'ette. And we know DWTS compensates them very handsomely.

I don't mind the crossovers from the bach - these are the two seasons of DWTS I've watched.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Per Dmitry's twitter:

Just finished rehearsing for the finalle number with @chelsiekayh, Jake and Vienna. They look adorable dancing together lol
    So I wonder if this means we're going to get a Jake/Vienna dancing duet together-or if they were just kidding around on the dance floor and that's what was so gosh darned adorable.

+ Reply to Thread