+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

I believe the Barefoot comment from Jake means the beach wedding they are thinking of having. That would certainly be low cost and I have a gut feeling readign from the boards here that Jake send his goodbyes to abc tell me they wont be paying for his wedding to Vienna. Just some random thoughts

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can't believe ABC wouldn't. Not that its hurt the franchise, but how many lovematches made on TB have made it down the aisle (and I'm counting original picks, not someone that you meant to be pick but didn't so dumped your original choice for her). Since Jake seemed like a somewhat controversial bachelor in the first place, and picked someone that the majority didn't seem to like, I can't believe ABC wouldn't go for it.

I wish them the best but would still bet they won't last. Just like Jake's acting career will go nowhere (didn't he say at one point he'd never do acting again?)

FORT Fogey

Here is my theory - one without any factual support, mind you - but my theory is that while jake and Vienna like each other well enough, it's not true love and therefore, there won't be a wedding.

I think these two are enjoying their post-bachelor fame and trying to make the most of whatever jobs come of it. Their best strategy right now is to stay together, i.e. "companionship Hollywood style" (you use me, and I use you until we get from here to there).

Plus, ain't no way Hollywood Jake is going to commit to a single woman when he can have so many (even his limited amount of fame is some fame, and I'm sure he is hit on all the time). For me, it's all a bit of a charade until they get more gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by When_in_Rome;3889932;
    Did anybody watch Jake on Regis and Kelly this morning? He mentioned that he is pursuing a couple of acting possibilities in Hollywood. And then quickly added, of course, but "aviation will always be a part of my life." They don't usually fess up so directly about the wanting to break in to show business thing.
    Love this. I do give Jake tons of credit for taking the Hollywood bull by its horns, but his confidence is high given the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3890078;
    I so miss the days when people became actors and actresses by studying their craft and working their way up. Today it seems that everyone who falls into fame through sheer luck thinks they have something to offer the acting world.
    Love this too! I'm of the mindset that they have to strike while the iron is hot and that I don't blame any reality star for at least trying to jump on on the Hollywood bandwagon. But, I do appreciate this sentiment. The one redeeming quality about Jake is that he comes right out and says what he's doing (unlike Kate) - and then he works hard at it. A+++ for effort, and in my book, that counts alot.

How much fame Jake achieves will (IMO) determine how long his and Vienna's relationship lasts.
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-30-2010 at 05:52 AM.

FORT Fogey

Unfortunately in todays society being on TB is enough to open doors in Hollywood. If Jake can act, he may make it, if he cannot than he won't. I truly believe that he and Vienna are playing a couple to get offers.

I do not in any way see these two lasting like Molly/Jason and Trista/Ryan. I see them phoning it in until it gets them nowhere. I mean if Bob Guiney can still be on my television with his annoying self, than Jake has a chance as well.

I can see all sorts of cameos on TV shows. Television (and movies) are all into the "Q" factor - not necessarily talent - but who the viewing audience will tune in to watch.

Or I can see him pitching some kind of reality show.

Now, this is not saying that I want to see any of this - I'm just saying what I think will happen. I just know in my gut - he's not gone. He might not last - but he's not gone.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Being on Reality TV (ala Jersey Shore, Housewives of Whatever, et at) and actually acting on legit scripted TV are two totally different things - I'm not sure he has the chops to make it as a bonafide actor, but if someone is willing to give him the shot - go for it. Wouldn't it be interesting to see him in an actual acting role? Since Charlie and bee split I bet their reality tv show is scrapped unless they decide to plug Jake and Vienna into it....could happen.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

When I see the things these people do just to be on TV it is sort of unsettling. There is no way my husband would run out in his underwear in front of the whole free world and not once but twice. I don't know which was worse, him doing it and then bumbling to get his pants on, Chelsie suggesting it, the judges loving it and then horror him doing it again the next night!!!

I'm just grateful he did put his pants on - afterall didn't TC do the whole scene in just his underwear - and we didn't see anymore of Jake's undies/legs than we see of the female dancers/pros.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3890098;
    The Regis and Kelly appearance is worth watching for the last two minutes. Joy (filling in for Kelly), was asking Jake about wedding plans. He went into his usual, 'my family is in Texas, Vienna's is in Florida' so we don't know. Then he volunteered, proudly, "I have 109 cousins. Vienna has 300. All of 'em barefoot."

Oh, well, I guess the bridesmaids won't have to worry about getting all their shoes dyed to match their dresses.
    Okay, I guess I am missing the "humor" Jake was trying to convey here. I know that Vienna has been portrayed in the media as someone from the backwoods of Florida with redneck relatives, but Jake's family was portrayed completely different. So, this sounds more like a slam on Vienna, but then again what Jake says doesn't always make sense to me.

I seem to remember a certain bachelor from Jillians season who told us that all Jake was looking for was fame and wasn't there looking for "the girl". That little trip to Austin will probably do nicely when Jake shows his acting chops to any interested party in Hollywood. It is all working out just as Jake had hoped it would. He is famous now - hobnobbing with celebrities, getting on the covers of magazines, appearing on talk shows, and ready to become a big star in Hollywood.

Nope, I don't expect to see any big wedding for Jake and Vienna in the near future. It will be interesting to watch this whole thing play out, though. How long do you think Jake will last in Hollywood before he realizes that there are dozens of "younger and better looking" wannabes in Hollywood? IMO Reality TV is really his only option.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3890353;
    Being on Reality TV (ala Jersey Shore, Housewives of Whatever, et at) and actually acting on legit scripted TV are two totally different things - I'm not sure he has the chops to make it as a bonafide actor, but if someone is willing to give him the shot - go for it. Wouldn't it be interesting to see him in an actual acting role? Since Charlie and bee split I bet their reality tv show is scrapped unless they decide to plug Jake and Vienna into it....could happen.
    He does have a little acting experience - Walker, Texas Ranger, playing the young Chuck Norris. I don't remember seeing him as I only watched a few of the shows. I wonder what happened - why did he try that as a child in the first place? Was he hoping to continue acting back then? Or was it more of a fun thing to do? IDK, but I do think now he wants to pursue it. I agree we'll probably see him as a bit player on ABC shows. I can't imagine they'd give him his own show - yet! Is Vienna's "hosting" job still going on?

+ Reply to Thread