+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3887477;
    I could see Jake being out this week as well. They are starting to promote The Bachelorette, so his cross-promo could be done. Also, they showed much softer clips of Jake in the pre-dance video so maybe they are portraying him better as he is on his way out. He was the first out in the swing dance so his judges' score is low. If he's not out this week, probably next. Niecy, Jake or Pam (in any given order) are my guesses for the next three weeks.
    They don’t need Jake to cross-promote the Bachelorette, they never did it before, – he’ll be there for finale night no matter what, and I expect Ali will be in the audience.

If anything DWTS has benefited from having Bachelor/ette contestants appear on their shows, maybe they should have one (or more) of the judges appear on TB – maybe they could have the contestants dance for a date?? That would be fun.
    Last edited by anders332; 04-27-2010 at 12:36 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I'm not a super Jake fan, but he is FAR more palatable to me than Kate because he works hard, has fun, and soaks in the experience. I think he's kind a slick willy but I love his enthusiasm and effort.

IMO Jake is not improving at all. I still hold his second week was best. Yes, I can tell he is trying really hard... so was Buzz and he deserved to go when he did (okay maybe a week after Kate haha) Jake has noticeably messed up now for the third week in a row. I don't know why but it never looks like he is in complete control of his body. Also, DH and I both noticed last night that Chelsie gets annoyed when he talks back to the judges...he just needs to take a chill pill. I'd give him one more week only because I think he is a better male star than Chad. No way should he stay over Evan.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3887495;
    I suspect Jake will leave tonight which saddens me. Yeah, he's not the best dancer on the floor, and he doesn't deserve the mirror ball, but I think he's better than Niecy, Chad and Pam. We'll see whose fanbase carries them through. I believe both Jake and Niecy will round out the bottom two.

I'm an Evan fan but I've been known to throw a vote or two Jake's way....which I did again last night.
    TY. I hope Jake makes it through tonight but just not sure he does. Either way he'll be gone within the next few weeks. I'll throw some votes to Evan for you in return. I hope Evan wins the whole thing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not overly convinced Jake is leaving. It's possible, but somehow I feel like he'll squeak through again.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3887507;
    If anything DWTS has benefited from having Bachelor/ette contestants appear on their shows, maybe they should have one (or more) of the judges appear on TB – maybe they could have the contestants dance for a date?? That would be fun.
    I'll bet that's coming! I'm waiting for one of the single male pros to be "The Bachelor." I'll bet some of them have been approached and offered A LOT of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3887672;
    IMO Jake is not improving at all. I still hold his second week was best. Yes, I can tell he is trying really hard... so was Buzz and he deserved to go when he did (okay maybe a week after Kate haha) Jake has noticeably messed up now for the third week in a row. I don't know why but it never looks like he is in complete control of his body. Also, DH and I both noticed last night that Chelsie gets annoyed when he talks back to the judges...he just needs to take a chill pill. I'd give him one more week only because I think he is a better male star than Chad. No way should he stay over Evan.
    whenever jake tries to gyrate or do anything with his hips I can't get the image of him and Gia dancing on the streets of St. Lucia - it's not pretty and should be left for people who love him unconditionally.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3887675;
    I'm not overly convinced Jake is leaving. It's possible, but somehow I feel like he'll squeak through again.
    I hope your feeling is right. I'm nervous.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

As was discussed in the episode thread, I felt Jake thanking Texas, the Mavericks, and Canada tonight before and after the elimination was really strange. Even when he was in the bottom 2 before he never went on the thank you rambling.

When it came down to him and Niecy, I really didn't care who went home. It was the right bottom 2, though I think Niecy should have gone. I felt the same way about both of them, though. Wouldn't miss them but love their pros and didn't want to see them leave. Chelsie's the greater loss in losing Jake. I'm sure she'll be back for pro dances and hope to see her get someone great next season.

Jake did better than expected. He can leave satisfied if not proud of his performance. A lot of people expected him to be gone in the first or second week because he was only there to bring in viewers from his show.

P.S. I still don't know why Chelsie, whom I like, choreographed Jake to leer at her butt during their final dance routine (while his fiancee was in the audience). I thought she was above the sleaze.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

+ Reply to Thread