+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

I wonder if Len's comment about Jake being here next week is because they know that he would've been in jeopardy if the vote was cast before last night.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Did anyone else notice that when Erin and Maks came into the room to wait for their scores Jake hid a zip lock bag behind him? My guess is he was icing one of his boo-boos. I want to watch the full episode to really see if I can catch it.

I will agree that I am rather amazed that he is as good as he is. Me, I am more from the Kate G. school so I would look like crapola (no doubt she is lots better than I would be) so I will eat a bit of crow as I thought he would be awful.
    Last edited by nuts2uiam; 03-30-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: can't spell

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3865997;
    Jake's face is always plastered with a cheesy smile and it is a challenge dicphering who the real Jake is. This is a turn off about him and earned him a nickname of "Fake Jake". But of all shows/TV I have seen him in, he seems more natural and at ease with Chelsie. Jake can't fake it on the dance floor and I think he is doing much better than I expected. That said, there is something about his dancing that makes him look unique. He is all upper body and short and possibly bow legged. He is trying too hard with his dancing and a bit robotic on the dance floor. All of this makes him look like a toy figure to me.

Jake is doing a better than average job dancing for a newbie and I do think Chelsie and Jake look good together and have danced well together. If Jake can relax more on the dance floor and get into character of the dance -- I think he will continue to do well and stay in the middle of the pack for now.
    It's obvious that Jake is not a dancer, has little ability, or past experience. He is not built well for dancing.

He does, however, try very hard. That is more than we can say for a great many other performers in the history of this franchise.

We have seen Jake and Chelsie on and off the practice floor in quite a few pics now. They seem to get a long very well. I do think that out of all the hours of practice on what was difficult choreography for him, they choice to edit a section where he was totally frustrated, and we heard him make the remark to Chelsie he made. I applauded her for coming back the way that she did. She obviously knows the best choreography and approach for Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3865999;
    I wonder if Len's comment about Jake being here next week is because they know that he would've been in jeopardy if the vote was cast before last night.
    I don't think so. If you look at last week's DI and this week's DI, in every category, Jake is in the middle just as he is in the upper middle with the judges' scoring.

At this point, he is just in the middle.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

But didn't Chelsie end up dropping that part that he told her to take out? He was controlling and mean.

Great - Jake in the middle means we'll have to put up wth him longer. I was really hoping he’d be going home tonight.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3866059;
    But didn't Chelsie end up dropping that part that he told her to take out? He was controlling and mean.

Great - Jake in the middle means we'll have to put up wth him longer. I was really hoping hed be going home tonight.
    No, she told him it was going to stay in there and how to do it. We saw him go back and try it again. The implication was that the difficult move was left in.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

His crew in the audience last night, barely glimpsed, was comprised of Vienna and Kiptyn.

I've claimed before that he is a robot but without the personality. I do admit he is doing well at this point...middle of the pack as said. Chelsie seemed rather tired last night - discouraged? If he can loosen up those back plates, perhaps remove a few rivets, his body will catch up with his two-stepping feet.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3866059;
    He was controlling and mean.
    Yeah, I really disliked his snotty "I'm not asking, I'm telling you" to take out the hard move comment to Chelsie. What an asswipe. I don't like him much anyhow, but that didn't endear him to me one bit.

That said, he didn't totally suck last night.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3866062;
    No, she told him it was going to stay in there and how to do it. We saw him go back and try it again. The implication was that the difficult move was left in.

Right, but I don't remember seeing that move during their live dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3866064;
    His crew in the audience last night, barely glimpsed, was comprised of Vienna and Kiptyn.

I've claimed before that he is a robot but without the personality. I do admit he is doing well at this point...middle of the pack as said. Chelsie seemed rather tired last night - discouraged? If he can loosen up those back plates, perhaps remove a few rivets, his body will catch up with his two-stepping feet.

How many robots have personality? Well, R2D2, of course.

But the bolded part is too funny.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

This looks like a pair without a lot of chemistry and who will stay pretty solidly in the middle for now, unless something unusual happens.

+ Reply to Thread