+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3859353;
    I'll stand up for the Bachelor. I hope he does well.

I am guessing:

1. Jake is anticipated to dance only slightly better than zero. I think he may better that supposition.

2. Vienna gets along better with his mother and family than people think.

3. I suspect that most of the women in the cast - including Ashleigh - would now like to be Vienna's friend for the chance to be in the audience at DWTS. Gia and Chris were shown as her friends. We will see who they select.
    I bet Ali, the new Bachelorette, will be introduced on Monday, 5/24, on DWTS, which is the Finale, because her show premieres that same night right after DWTS.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3859902;
    I like the supportive family/friend moments on this show. The Kelly one and the Ty one were memorable (in very different ways).

Also, the pro number where Tony and Maks sandwiched Tony's wife! and Maks drummed on her butt. I don't think that last part was planned, based on her reaction, but who knows?
    I loved that moment! Makes me wonder if she knew they were going to do that, but I think the Maks thing was spur of the moment. Lucky girl either way I hope we get a pro number tomorrow for the opening with all the pros, though no one has mentioned it yet Speaking of which, though, Maks's brother is going to perform in a pro number this season he said.

I can see what people are saying, though. There's a difference between the cute quick family/SO moment and then there's the pimping like you're trying to sell a new show to the audience if they go overboard with the shots of Vienna and all the references and cracks about their relationship.

Since I don't watch TB, I wouldn't know any of the other girls from strangers on the street, so I could really care less what "friends" she brings with her.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3859932;
    I bet Ali, the new Bachelorette, will be introduced on Monday, 5/24, on DWTS, which is the Finale, because her show premieres that same night right after DWTS.
    I can see Jake and Vienna being seated right next to Ali if Jake is eliminated. They might even put Jake next to Ali and say Vienna couldn't make it because she was sick. Anything to create drama and draw viewers in.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Haven't really followed this but you all might care, so I'll post it.

Jake's partner, Chelsie, was on my radio station this morning, talking about their practices and how she thinks Jake'll do. Then, the female DJ asked about whether she'd met Vienna and what she thought of her. Chelsie she said, yes, she's met Vienna and that she's very nice. She also said that she's met Vienna's family (huh?) and that they were all lovely people. She clarified that she'd not watched The Bachelor this season so she didn't know what all the bad press was about but that she'd go to any tabloid and stand up for the Vienna that she'd met.

I'm not sure if it's up yet but the interview was done on Star 94 in Atlanta.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3859966;
    I loved that moment! Makes me wonder if she knew they were going to do that, but I think the Maks thing was spur of the moment. Lucky girl either way I hope we get a pro number tomorrow for the opening with all the pros, though no one has mentioned it yet Speaking of which, though, Maks's brother is going to perform in a pro number this season he said.

I can see what people are saying, though. There's a difference between the cute quick family/SO moment and then there's the pimping like you're trying to sell a new show to the audience if they go overboard with the shots of Vienna and all the references and cracks about their relationship.

Since I don't watch TB, I wouldn't know any of the other girls from strangers on the street, so I could really care less what "friends" she brings with her.
    Anything taken to extremes is irksome. I never got down on Samantha except to question once her hairdo when it looked like she had stuck her finger in a light socket and she had on a halter type necklace with the dress. However, other people continually rode her like a horse over her (irksome) repetitive and sometimes inane behavior.
    The same type thing can be said about Lyn's cranky remarks, Carrie Ann's often made up criticism of lifts, and Bruno's over the top dramatic critiques that irritate folks.

My point in all of this is that the standard rules need to apply to everyone regardless of how you feel about the person, his/her personal behavior, or his/her significant other.

I personally thought it was atrocious that there was a site - equivalent to this one - with a picture of Gilles' big claim to fame ( his movie role) where we could very clearly see his dingdong, yet in opposition to that he ran over as the loving family man and hugged and kissed his wife. I never said one word in complaint or criticism of Gilles doing that.
    If Gilles and Kelly do it, then it should be standard mode of operation for every contestant as well.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3859966;

No kidding!

Anyway, I love Chelsie AND Vienna. That closeup photo of them together is so cool.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Sadly Jake's mouth diarrhea has driven me to the point of just looking at him is like nails on a chalkboard. That being said I cannot wait to see DWTS tonight only because my DH and I have never had such a good time poking fun at someone. As far as Vienna. She deserves to be shown during Jake's performance but that is it. My feelings towards her are starting to shift from annoying to confusion and pity. IMHO Vienna and Ali are the only two that have had their extra 15 minutes handed to them so to cash in on that I can't really judge. As far as the other women ... they need to give it up. I have no respect for those women that had Vienna not been the F1 would never have cared to speak to her again. On one hand I hope he goes home the first week on the other I hope he stays around for the sake of my own comic relief. I am torn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3860044;
    My point in all of this is that the standard rules need to apply to everyone regardless of how you feel about the person, his/her personal behavior, or his/her significant other.I personally thought it was atrocious that there was a site - equivalent to this one - with a picture of Gilles' big claim to fame ( his movie role) where we could very clearly see his dingdong, yet in opposition to that he ran over as the loving family man and hugged and kissed his wife. I never said one word in complaint or criticism of Gilles doing that.
    If Gilles and Kelly do it, then it should be standard mode of operation for every contestant as well.
    I agree that the rules should apply equally to all. What I think some of the other posters are saying, which is also how I feel about it, is that we question the motives of the contestant. Running over for a quick kiss of a spouse or a hug from mommy and daddy seems to come from purer intentions or motives than does the same behavior from someone who is under contract from another show to display the image of a man who is crazy in love, whether that is true or not.

I've seen the SATC movie about 6 times, although not for that reason, but please forgive me for saying that a fine and impressive sight it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3860044;
    My point in all of this is that the standard rules need to apply to everyone regardless of how you feel about the person, his/her personal behavior, or his/her significant other.
    It's not really a question of whether Jake should be allowed to hug Vienna or not. That is his business and his privilege. I like dogs as opposed to cats - does that mean I think cats have no right to exist? Hardly! The thing is, I really didn't anticipate anybody running over to their loved one(s), and it happening didn't phase me one way or another. However, I'm already expecting this from Jake based on his need to prove to the world what a sincere and wonderful man he is. Do I want to see it? Not at all. Will I roll my eyes when it happens? You betcha!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3859932;
    Do they sit in the audience during the finale?? I thought they all did little routines, but didn't sit in the audience?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread