+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3859509;
    I hate to say it, but you just know that is coming!
    For sure, do you think the network would miss that kodak moment...it's all part of the appeal. While many of you may be hurdling...others will not.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3859477;
    I just hope that Jake doesn't delay the judges comments by running over to Vienna in the crowd to display his undying love for her!
    I'm more worried we'll get into Cloris territory where we see Tom be forced to say "are you worried about doing the sexy romantic rumba with your fiancee watching", cut to Vienna, cut to Jake running to Vienna, cut to a kiss, cut to her shaking her head to indicate that she's not worried, cut to 5 minutes of Jake spewing that he was forced to fake sign documents that he wouldn't make it too realistic and that he was thinking of Vienna the whole time.

Something about him and Chelsie doing the rumba together seems kind of creepy to think about

And yeah, if any of TBettes that hated Vienna on the show are fame hungry, no doubt they'll seek the opportunity to be front and center each week and probably awkwardly getting half their mug on camera if it doesn't pan over them completely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3859477;
    I just hope that Jake doesn't delay the judges comments by running over to Vienna in the crowd to display his undying love for her!
    Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3859509;
    I hate to say it, but you just know that is coming!

I have no idea whether Jake will run over to Vienna or not, but if he does, it is for sure that he won't be the first contestant to leave his partner and head for someone more personally connected before standing in front of the judges.

Before Donnie and Kelly ran out into the audience to make contact with loved ones, GILLES did it with his wife.
    Gilles was the biggest heart throb on this show, and making contact with his wife in the audience was a fairly normal thing. No one seemed to mind then?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3859637;
    I have no idea whether Jake will run over to Vienna or not, but if he does, it is for sure that he won't be the first contestant to leave his partner and head for someone more personally connected before standing in front of the judges.

Before Donnie and Kelly ran out into the audience to make contact with loved ones, GILLES did it with his wife.
    Gilles was the biggest heart throb on this show, and making contact with his wife in the audience was a fairly normal thing. No one seemed to mind then?
    I had only seen one episode of TB this year, so I really don't know much about Vienna, but based on reading the recaps and the boards I gather she wasn't well liked. I don't really have a problem with the celebs doing this, but based on the Jake I saw in Jillian's season, he seems to be the poster boy for phony sincerity, so I am half expecting him to do this just to show how genuinely in love he is with the girl of his choosing and what a great guy he is.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

But that was Gilles. Big difference (at least in my mind ) There will never be another...anyway, I really don't like it when anyone plays it up. It got old with Cloris, and showing loved ones of the celebs and pros in the audience isn't anything new and won't change, but don't dwell. A quick shot but that's all we need.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3859693;
    But that was Gilles. Big difference (at least in my mind ) There will never be another...anyway, I really don't like it when anyone plays it up. It got old with Cloris, and showing loved ones of the celebs and pros in the audience isn't anything new and won't change, but don't dwell. A quick shot but that's all we need.
    You see, I don't care one way or the other if they do it. They can take a victory lap around the floor! However, I do think that the sentiment needs to be fair for all of them. If it fine or even wonderful that Gilles sauntered over to his special one, then it needs to be fine for any of the rest of them - and that includes Jake - to saunter over as well.

The way to fix the problem is for management to tell the contenders to head straight over to the judges. I don't think they will do that because management doesn't want to miss out on any chance at some possible drama that might ensue along the way.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Kelly ran to her parents, and with it came a huge sigh of relief..."see mom and dad I made your life living hell for all those years, but I DID IT!!!!" She was a caterpillar busting out of a coccoon. That was about unconditional love.

Usually the celebrities are running to long term spouses/families....not about some guy shagging a girl he met 3 months ago. BIG DIFFERENCE....

Just hoping cheesy Jake gets the boot early, so we won't have to worry about such nonsense.

JMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3859814;
    Kelly ran to her parents, and with it came a huge sigh of relief..."see mom and dad I made your life living hell for all those years, but I DID IT!!!!" She was a caterpillar busting out of a coccoon. That was about unconditional love.

Usually the celebrities are running to long term spouses/families....not about some guy shagging a girl he met 3 months ago. BIG DIFFERENCE....

Just hoping cheesy Jake gets the boot early, so we won't have to worry about such nonsense.

JMO
    Conrad Greene to contenders: If your parents are out there, you can give them a hug. If you have been married for x years, you too can go get a hug. If you have only been with the person for 3 months, you can not go get a hug....
    Nah....don't think that will happen.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I think the big difference (as stated before) is the sincerity of the action. I truly would have no problem with Jake doing that if I felt it was a sincere moment and not one choreographed for votes. His talk seems to be quite insincere with his actions. I love how he talked quite extensively how he is a Christian and has such Christian morals, but when he was pressed at the Men Tell All, he has no problem saying the "F" word multiple times to help prove to the guys that he was real. I have really flip-flopped on my opinion of Jake. First, I thought that he was just an awkward dork, but was sincere. Then with all his antics post Bachelorette, I changed my opinion to big phony. Then watching his season, I went back to awkward dork. Now it is back to cheesy fake Jake and I think it is pretty much there to stay.

I like the supportive family/friend moments on this show. The Kelly one and the Ty one were memorable (in very different ways).

Also, the pro number where Tony and Maks sandwiched Tony's wife! and Maks drummed on her butt. I don't think that last part was planned, based on her reaction, but who knows?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread