+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

I am with you Fluff, I want her gone first week!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope Kate is gone so the drama stops. It seems to be a massive PR campaign now to dismiss the diva rumors (according to Kate, how she can bond with the cast when she's in PA rehearsing? A good point but sounds like she's just making an excuse) and try and put Kate in a much more positive light. At a pre-show party, Kate was seen with her bodyguard totally bypassing fans and paparrazi while everyone else stopped for photos and autographs. She says she's counting on the moms of America to step up and support her, but seriously, if Kate is as bad a dancer if she claims, doesn't she realize that eventually, it's going to get really old and on top fo everything else she's getting criticized for, that'll be one more thing. Kate seems to want the high life with the attention but can't take the criticism that comes with it.

How could someone who's basically a NO ONE have such an attitude?

I guess dysfunction knows no social boundaries.

I'd have expected Pussy Cat Doll Girl to be the problem, given she had a pre-existing rep of being a diva, but for this talentless hack to be the hotpoint? Ick. Of course it could just be stories, admittedly, but something about it just seems... likely. Not because she's "a bad mom" for being on TV. But because she's a "bad mom" for PUTTING HER KIDS ON TV. People keep forgetting that aspect. Who cares what she does with herself? The kids are the issue.

The implication in the Post piece ("While there's a lot of camaraderie among the crew and other stars including Pamela Anderson") implying its surprising that it wasn't Pam Anderson who was the "set Diva" is just asinine. Anderson's had a lot of image issues in her life, but being a Diva actually isn't one of them, I believe. I think a lot of people just assume she HAS to be.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3856064;
    The implication in the Post piece ("While there's a lot of camaraderie among the crew and other stars including Pamela Anderson") implying its surprising that it wasn't Pam Anderson who was the "set Diva" is just asinine. Anderson's had a lot of image issues in her life, but being a Diva actually isn't one of them, I believe. I think a lot of people just assume she HAS to be.
    Exactly. I've never heard anything about Pam being a diva either.

Considering that Kate's really only famous for giving birth, I'd think she would be a little more humble. All the bitchiness to other cast members aside, she doesn't have the right to show up late for things. I remember watching Russell Crowe - someone who isn't known for being a big sweetheart (although I still love him) - saying that, even if he's the lead in the movie, he doesn't have the right to come late to the set. He said he knows he's very privileged to work in the business and doesn't have the right to waste other people's money and time like that. I guess Kate hasn't learned that lesson yet. She seems to think she deserves to be treated like the freaking Queen of England. Plus, coming late to a charity event like that is just low class.

Really though, by isolating herself she's just missing out. I've always thought the most fun part of being on the show would be the camaraderie with everyone else. I hope she gets treated to an embarrassingly (for her) early exit so the other dancers/celebs can have fun without her nastiness around.

I hope this means that Tony gets a spectacular partner the next time around. It's like he's having to do penance or something.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wonder if they mixed up Pamela and Shannen (even though they aren't that easy to mix up). Shannen is the one who has the reputation of the diva. While Pamela has the reputation of being addicted to surgery, bad boys, and partying, I've usually found her to be very nice in interviews I've seen and read throughout the years and since I'm a huge animal lover, I admire her work in the animals rights field.

I'm wondering if Kate will wait until before or after she's eliminated to cry the blues (even more) about what an unfair advantage people like Evan and Nicole have for being ringers and having a huge height of popularity, for Erin and Buzz who have the sympathetic and sentimental angle, and that she's going in so disliked that she never stood a chance. If she goes anywhere close to early, I can't imagine what a hit her ego would take. While I can't believe Kate really thinks she's going to win, unless she's buying someone off, I do believe she thinks she's going to do semi-decent. So if she doesn't, I think it'll hit the ceiling. I also expect her to go platonic on the judges if they don't stroke her ego like she thinks she deserves, and I hope she picks a fight early and they refrain from giving her higher scores and praise than she deserves. Even if Kate were to come on and be a better dancer than she's let on, I still think her reputation and likeability factor are going to work wonders against her. The facebook moms for Kate's Kids can only keep up their efforts so long, and as long as she's on, the more the backlash will ensue (not to mention those that feel sorry for her getting into it with those that don't). I feel sorry for the kids. I also wonder, if Kate gets an early boot (if there is a God, it'll happen), she'll blame Tony. Tony wasn't her original choice of partner, and though they're getting along now, the show hasn't started yet. He deserves first pick next season, and the biggest ringer next to Mya, but if Derek, Mark, and Dmitry are back, I'm sure they'll get the cream of the crop. Again. And Tony will probably get stuck with Octomom. They didn't cut Ashly a break after sticking her with Master P, so I wouldn't expect them to cut Tony any slack.

FORT Fogey

I, for one, am thrilled to read the article in the NY Post. Not always, but quite often, when all the Hollywood rags come out with the same info, they tend to be right in the end. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Kate has been rumored to be a you-know-what to alot of people and for a long time and all the rags said it.

Hopefully this story, from a reasonably credible publication, and her appearance DWTS, will show the real her - which will, in turn, make her go away for good.

Still, she has soooo many fans. I can't help but think she goes far in the competition.

I am a mom and all my friends are mom's. And none of us like Kate. It isn't so much her being on TV or her kids being on TV (which we don't like)...it's more her attitude towards her kids and John from day 1! I've never liked her and neither has my friends. All of us plan to use our votes against her somehow. She needs to go away. She needs counseling for herself and her kids need counseling for what they've been through. She needs to focus on her family...not herself in a selfish way.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3856553;
    I, for one, am thrilled to read the article in the NY Post. Not always, but quite often, when all the Hollywood rags come out with the same info, they tend to be right in the end. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Kate has been rumored to be a you-know-what to alot of people and for a long time and all the rags said it.

Hopefully this story, from a reasonably credible publication, and her appearance DWTS, will show the real her - which will, in turn, make her go away for good.

Still, she has soooo many fans. I can't help but think she goes far in the competition.
    The only reason she has so many fans is because her ex husband is a complete weenie and people have decided to pity her.

FORT Fogey

Well, Kate isn't doing herself any favors. Rumors about Adam Lambert's diva-like behavior post-idol were horrible - and one reason I care about him just as much as I do Kate (negative numbers).

I recall one person saying something like he won't last long in the biz if he keeps it up because no one will want to work with him.

Hopefully Kate keeps it up throughout DWTS and gets blacklisted from all things media-related.

I think we'll be able to pick up on this via body language and interacton with Tony, judges, partners.

With the show coming up soon, I need to vent one more time about Tony getting stuck with Kate. If I have time to vote, it will be for other pairs. Sorry, Tony! I just don't think that Kate deserves any more time on television; she's already had WAY too much time, and at the expense of her kids.

Televisions should have a "blurring feature", where you could block someone out or better yet, replace them with someone else. I don't even have a better partner for Tony in mind (ANYONE would be better), but even an animated broom would work (a la Disney). Actually, that would be quite entertaining. So, if I watch, I will be doing my best to visualize a pretty broom.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread