+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3853266;
    Considering it's Kate, the kind of press she's getting, and it's not like she's Erin or Niecy who are pretty much coming out of nowhere and getting all pimped out by the show, they may not care. Everything is negative about her and being on this show. I think I know now why they paired her with Tony; he's got 3 kids and is gone a lot doing the show and other dancing ventures. So they probably figure she can make his name mud when all is said and done because one Kate is gone, I don't think she'll leave gracefully. And maybe they hope Tony will defend her being the "working mom" but I haven't seen him do that yet. I've seen Kate out and about more since she was revealed to be on the show, from red carpet events to press events to getting her hair done, it makes me wonder how much time she's putting into dancing and how she's making her case that she's doing this for the kids.

And I didn't know Kate was trying her hand at being a comedian:

News - Kate Gosselin's Kids "Depressed" She's Away So Much for DWTS - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com

.[/B]

I'm still wondering if Kate is just delusional or really believes she's not going to win, because unless ABC wants to kill this show for good and has it rigged for her to win, she won't. Not a chance. And the longer she lasts, the more bad press she and the show will get. They got almost everything right this year with the format, but this was a big :nono

This is perfect.............because after the kids get SO unruly when she is done with DWTS, she will definitely need the help of SUPERNANNY!!
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3854087;
    They are not depressed because Khate is not there, they are depressed because Khate won't let Jon watch them. They love their daddy
    "Khate"............Love it!!!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Report: Kate Gosselin Total Diva At DWTS

Report: Kate Gosselin Total Diva At DWTS
    PHILADELPHIA - The New York Post says local reality TV stat Kate Gosselin is a “total diva” at “Dancing With The Stars” and doesn’t talk to other TV stars.

Gosselin, 34, debuts next Monday night on the ABC show and Las Vegas has made her a long shot to win.

Based on the Post report, which echoes similar reports last year about Gosselin’s alleged behavior on the TV set, Gosselin may not be endearing herself to show producers.

The Post also said that Gosselin’s behavior toward skater Johnny Weir last year kept the show from getting Weir to appear.

Weir criticized Gosselin last year after the two appeared at a 9-11 charity event.

The skating star had pointed comments last week in an E! Online interview.

“ She was a terror," Weir said about Gosselin’s attitude . "She was rude to everyone at this charity show, and showed up very late. She's not a film star. She's not a singer. And it's not really acceptable in those cases either, to be a nasty person."

The two appeared together at the Stars, Stripes and Skates event in Danbury, Conn, last September in a 9-11 benefit.

Similar reports about Gosselin surfaced about her appearance last year on the “Today Show.”

A DWTS source denied the report in the Post and NBC’s spokespeople denied last year that Gosselin berated “Today Show” producers.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I don't vote very often, but my plan is to divide all of my votes to everyone EXCEPT Kate, and pray she makes a quick exit. I love Dancing with the Stars, and I can't stand that this beeotch is going to ruin it!

Crossing over from the Bachelor bubble to another show... exciting!!!. I live near Kate so I am intrigued. Anyway, on Kimmel she said that she would be dancing with Tony in her basement at home. I know all of her kids are now in school full time. I think they even take the bus. Has something changed that she is not practicing in PA anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3855011;

Well, from the small bits I caught of her show, I can't say that I'm surprised of these other reports. She gives divas a bad name

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3854296;
    Oy. This is going to be tough. It's such a fine line that it will be hard for me to determine when I cross it.

Hope the following is o.k....After reading some of the posts above, I just got to thinking that Kate's participation on this show will be very telling about her future in the media. I hate to say it, but I think Kate will do well; i.e. we may be in for "The Kate Show".

DWTS will give her the most visibility she's ever had. For all of those who never saw her on J&K+8 and the ensuing aftermath will see her with fresh eyes. Without knowledge of her history, she is quite attractive and charming. And, she is one fiercely determined person. On top of it all, she has Tony as a partner who is the perennial gentleman who can make anyone look good. Finally, while there are many who dislike Kate, she has a HUGE fanbase that seems to support her in a big way. I think the "haters" (myself included) must be the minority.

I'm not the biggest Jake fan, but if I had to choose, I hope he is the better of the two reality tv contestants. And, if it does become too much about Kate, I wonder if the other stars take her down a notch???

Totally disliking the new "bob", by the way - even more than the 12-year old girl 70's doo she had a week ago (read where her extensions cost $7000).

SNL skit described her original haircut as quite functional....from the front it looks as if she's heading into a job interview. From the back, it looks like she's leaving a rock concert. Hee! Loved that!
    I agree with her being quite attractive, but charming??? I think she is anything but charming. I think she comes across as quite cold and snobbish (actually a little like Martha Stewart, but less warm).

I really don't know how long Kate will last on this show.
    Although you'd think the stories about her supposed divaish backstage behaviour won't help, I can recall the same types of stories doing the rounds about Warren Sapp and that didn't seem to do him any harm.
    I don't think we'll get a better read after we see her dance either. We've seen bad dancers last a long while and good dancers go out early. It's really hard to tell.
    There always used to be some pockets of strong support for Kate on the internet, if those people watch this show and decide to vote she might be able to last a few weeks.
    Although he's my least favourite male pro (I think he has a real case of attitude), Tony does seem to be fairly popular with the public so his fans might come out in force for him too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3855082;
    I really don't know how long Kate will last on this show.
    Although you'd think the stories about her supposed divaish backstage behaviour won't help, I can recall the same types of stories doing the rounds about Warren Sapp and that didn't seem to do him any harm.
    I don't think we'll get a better read after we see her dance either. We've seen bad dancers last a long while and good dancers go out early. It's really hard to tell.
    There always used to be some pockets of strong support for Kate on the internet, if those people watch this show and decide to vote she might be able to last a few weeks.
    Although he's my least favourite male pro (I think he has a real case of attitude), Tony does seem to be fairly popular with the public so his fans might come out in force for him too.
    For the first few weeks at least, I'm sure Kate will have swarms of votes from rabid fans, some of whom aren't even bothering to watch the show, but are simply doing as they are told by their Facebook group leaders.

Such are the unfortunate, intertwined states of reality TV and the internet...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3855139;
    For the first few weeks at least, I'm sure Kate will have swarms of votes from rabid fans, some of whom aren't even bothering to watch the show, but are simply doing as they are told by their Facebook group leaders.

Such are the unfortunate, intertwined states of reality TV and the internet...
    This rather speaks to the point I made up thread about the show being able to find someone who had similar audience pulling-power but who didn't need their basement renovated on the company dime.
    For every person who despises Kate there seems to be one who thinks she's wonderful. She's very polarizing. Like Tom De Lay for example.
    I would think Kate needs this show more than this show needs Kate, so it still surprises me that they're willing to go out of their way to accommodate her.

I just really hope she doesn't last too long on this show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread