+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3874498;
    I have never written to a show or celebrity or anything like that, but I did just send a request to ABC to pull the plug on Kate. I used the "contact us" link on the bottom of ABC's website.

Contact Us - ABC.com
    If you want a backlash from her fans, that's one way to get it. Let her go the way everyone else does. She is not the only one who's ever had "enemies".

Standing in the grocery checkout line I saw one of the magazine covers that said that kate is after Jake and vice verse. Get real....Jake would date a woman with 8 kids? a man who just had 25 single women vying to be his main squeeze? I think not. Tabloids, gotta love 'em....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3874186;
    MamaC, with a good, thorough post. You said it all. It is amazing how many people are buying into Kate's BS and saying "aaawww, she's just out there working, trying to make money to raise her kids". WHAT??!! To that I say
    I really wish someone would just call her out and set everything straight. It isn't doing it for the kids. It never was. It was for the money so she can keep up her lavish lifestyle and for the attention, probably for her book tour. I don't see much of her saying she needs to support her kids anymore, but everyone keeps focusing on whether or not she should be leaving them in the first place, and that other moms have done this show, while not focusing on the bigger picture. When you look at the before/after picture of Kate someone posted in this thread, Kate could never go back to being the before Kate. She couldn't give up the spa treatments, the trips to 5 star hotels, the huge house, the hired help, the fancy car, the plastic surgery, the hair treatments, the designer clothes, and all the other freebies she's been handed to her. She got all of that as a result of her kids. Yet she's saying she needs to provide for them but no one in the media at least wants to call her out and report all her lavish spending. She could get a job outside of the entertainment industry, she could live very nicely with all the money she's received over the last 5 or so years off the backs of her kids and Jon's child support. But given that option or staying in the spotlight and expecting freebies and to live like a rock star, we know what she'll take.

Also what I wish someone would call her out on? Her dancing and delusion that she deserves higher marks/better comments. Normally I'd pass it off as someone trying to keep a stiff upper lip. But week 1, Buzz even admitted the judges were right about his scores/remarks on his dancing. Latest interview I saw with Kate she respects the judges opinions but doesn't agree with them. Can she honestly say she's a good dancer and is more deserving to stay? Free Tony!

Hi Karalott. I agree about Jon being a fame hound, but I think this is the perfect time to open up the custody issue again. Because of DWTS and the upcoming book tour, he now has credible evidence and documentation detailing how often Kate is, or is not, with the children. He also now has an attorney who may actually be looking out for his best interests, unlike the other fame-seeker Heller, who has ties to the Glassman family. Anthony List (senior, I think) was close friends with Jon's father. Reportedly, before his death, Jon's dad asked List to help Jon out if he ever needed it. So maybe Jon will have some competent representation now.
    You have an interesting point and while some media outlets were thinking Jon had no leg to stand on, with the announcement of her latest reality show taking her away from home and her book tour, people are changing their tune. There is no reason Jon can't spend more time with the kids and a judge can't honestly think them being cared for by nannies is better. Hopefully TLC stays out of this mess and doesn't back Kate with their team of lawyers. Kate can't really even say why Jon shouldn't be allowed to be with the kids when asked. It makes me wonder how Tony feels. He's a father and whenever he mentions his kids he melts. I know he hates being away from them and has said in many interviews when he goes home, he stays home and devotes all his time to his family. I still think Jon might be doing this for his own publicity but I know he wasn't happy with the custody arrangement before and it may have just happened now.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3874623;
    Also what I wish someone would call her out on? Her dancing and delusion that she deserves higher marks/better comments. Normally I'd pass it off as someone trying to keep a stiff upper lip. But week 1, Buzz even admitted the judges were right about his scores/remarks on his dancing. Latest interview I saw with Kate she respects the judges opinions but doesn't agree with them. Can she honestly say she's a good dancer and is more deserving to stay? Free Tony!
    I hadn't heard her make those comments.
    Doesn't surprise me, the woman's delusional.
    What someone should really call her out on is how disgusting her hair looks considering it cost so much money and took so long to do.
    Even in the likely event that she didn't pay for it, freebie hound that she is, the fact that anyone has the audacity to charge such a ludicrous amount for making someone's hair look so awful is almost as ridiculous as Kate trying to justify why she needs a hunky bodyguard to accompany her everywhere she goes.

You have an interesting point and while some media outlets were thinking Jon had no leg to stand on, with the announcement of her latest reality show taking her away from home and her book tour, people are changing their tune. There is no reason Jon can't spend more time with the kids and a judge can't honestly think them being cared for by nannies is better. Hopefully TLC stays out of this mess and doesn't back Kate with their team of lawyers. Kate can't really even say why Jon shouldn't be allowed to be with the kids when asked.
    Her two latest projects are obviously going to require her absence from the home. If Jon is available and I don't see why he wouldn't be as he is still under TLC's media ban (I'm led to believe) then I think he should be allowed to stay with the children.

His post split behaviour did not paint him in a good light and I'm sure contributed to Kate getting primary custody and control of the bank accounts.
    I hope Jon's got that behaviour out of his system and is ready and willing to be a dad to his children because I still say, from what I've seen of him with them, he's a pretty good one.

I've said this before, but I really hope the judges scores will reflect the true horror of Kate's dancing this week. Provided she hasn't suddenly been struck by lightning or summat and learned how to move in time with the music.
    Don't say how bad she is then give her 5's.
    That was ridiculous.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-11-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3874623;

You have an interesting point and while some media outlets were thinking Jon had no leg to stand on, with the announcement of her latest reality show taking her away from home and her book tour, people are changing their tune. There is no reason Jon can't spend more time with the kids and a judge can't honestly think them being cared for by nannies is better. ... I still think Jon might be doing this for his own publicity but I know he wasn't happy with the custody arrangement before and it may have just happened now.
    I would like to think that now it is coming out that Jon had to take Alexis to the doctor Easter Sunday for what turned out to be strep through (Kate said it was just a cold), that his children's welfare was the motivating reason behind Jon's actions now. Maybe it's a little bit of everything - the obvious time Kate is away, new lawyer, kids getting sick and not being properly cared for by either their mom or their nannies.

While other parents have been on the show, I don't remember any other contestant who left their child or children behind with just nannies to care for them half the time. The tups are only 5 years old and the twins 9 and have been through a lot the past year with the divorce and paparazzi in their faces. Adults have a hard time coping with that kind of press coverage. At five and nine, what they are experiencing now is practically their whole reality of what living a life is all about.

While I have issues with Kate aka America's Most Put Upon Mom (AMPUM), I actually don't in theory have a problem with a person wanting to pursue entertainment opportunities. It is nice money. I do have a problem with the arrangements with the children, and with pursuing these opportunities now when the children have been under all the stress that comes with a bad divorce in the family. Given how much money they have, let the dust settle with the press and get the home life settled for the children. Three months since the divorce was finalized is just not enough time.

FORT Fanatic

Khate's not going anywhere until she has a chance to have her kids in the audience, then they run to her as the loving mother she is, and ask "who are you?" That's when she's voted off.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I talked to my mother-in-law tonight and we dicussed the show. "Who do you like?" I asked. She replied, "I really don't like that 'Kate,' she's not a good dancer and seems like a very rude person." "Did you ever watch her show on TLC?" "No," she said, "I like Tony but I can see she isn't nice. I wish she was gone"
    I told her that she had very good judgement.

I've never thought that having Kate on the show was a good idea. In fact, I'm hoping that the judges remove her getting to dictate when Jon gets to visit his children and he gets partial custody at the very least. Even with his infidelity (which yes, will still have to factor in as far as permanent custody), he seems to me to be more caring about his children than Kate is. I feel like she's a media-mongrel and that is so showing in her dancing and her attitude toward the judges.

1. It's time that the judges use the 1, 2, and 3 dance paddles. They may be old, but they DO have a use.

2. Jon should get to take care of the kids so there is some real family parenting in there. Yes, not the best choice, but I still maintain at least some true parenting is better than just nannies because the mom's more worried about her limelight.

3. Frankly, we should've just kept Buzz, because while he wasn't that good, he still knew more about dancing and was a heck of a lot more gracious to the judges and everyone compared to Kate.

Here's hoping next season that if they do have to have a ringer, Tony gets the person. Either that or a very sweet person to dance with.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Unfortuantely, I think there's a very good chance Kate could once again slip into next week. The judges have scored her dances way higher than she deserved and to not damage her ego, even though she doesn't get it, I doubt they'd score her any lower than a 5. Especially if her tango is better than her paso and jive (which honestly, her paso was a lot better than her jive, as she actually moved and didn't forget the routine, but go figure both got a total score of 15). I just remembered that tomorrow is the double score. Next week is the dance off. So if Kate doesn't go this week, I can't believe she'll get through when they have a chance to get rid of her-whether that means manipulating the results or not. However, Kate is absolute ratings and publicity gold to the producers. No matter how hateful or polarizing of a person she is, she's doing exactly what they intended. There'd have to be a huge dip in ratings and her the known cause for them to want her gone. I think they have to realize that eventually it will get old, ratings or not. Kate has what I consider a unique situation. She had fans who will vote for her no matter what, for her kids, for feeling sorry for her, for wanting to "punish" the haters (they're not, at least where I'm concerned, as I'm just getting a good laugh while she's there), for wanting her to feel supported. And then she has an anti-fanbase except I think it works in two ways: one side of it is loving seeing her humiliate herself, seeing the judges criticize her, and are maybe hoping that eventually they'll have to bring the low paddles out and hurt her ego even more. And I'm sure some of those people like that the general viewing public can't stand her being there. With the exception of Evan and Nicole, I personally wouldn't be surprised to see some of the other couples go before Kate. I question everyone's fanbases compared to Kate and what they have going for them in terms of staying power on this show. It's not fair if she were to outlast anyone, as they are all way better dancers with the ability to improve. But I've braced myself it could very well happen.

FORT Fogey

I still say it is a matter of we simply "can't see the forest for the trees." Kate is still here regardless of how many people don't like her, how poor her attitude is perceived to be, how people think her children should be surrounded by at least one parent, and even by how poorly people believe she dances because the producers are benefitting from the drama and the ratings that she brings in while on the show.

At some point, the producers will allow the judges to give her a low enough score to balance out the fan score, and Kate will go home.

Is it this week? I believe that is up to the producers. If they want to keep her around for the added ratings she brings in, then we will see her get scores that many feel are not justified. If the producers believe that they have credibly squeezed all of the juice they can out of this fruit, then they will turn the judges loose and allow them to score her the way they actually think is correct.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread