+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Well we will also have to know just how many days per month Kate requires the "services" of her bodyguard, Steve. She pays him $1600 per day.

There is also the tuition for the private school the children attend. I am one of seven children and we all went to private school. I do know that most private schools give a reduced rate per each additional child that attends. So she wouldn't necessarily be paying 10-20K per year per child, but that school is costing quite the pretty penny.

We don't know if TLC bought the mansion. I have read that they did buy it for them but I have also read where the Gosselins had a mortgage on the place.

The 20K in child support that Jon pays monthly is in an escrow account. So she is definitely getting money for child support.

I would love to know just how much they did make from all those church speaking engagements, especially how much they raked in from the love offerings and photo selling sessions, which were cash transactions. They were doing that pretty much non-stop for a long time. Practically every weekend. After a while, they would only lecture at churches that paid them 25K! They canceled appearances at churches that couldn't come up with that kind of fee.

Then came the first book and the book tour, which I believe was mostly Kate's handling while Jon stayed home with the kids. And then the second book tour. Kate would be gone most of the month, with Steve in tow, on those occasions.

And then there is the show.....which paid them very well. And all the freebies that went along with it.

There has to be some rather sizable accounts for all they have earned off their children.

Crying poverty the way she is seems ridiculous to me. If her finances were so dire, the first thing she could do would be to downsize the house. Get a half million dollar home, on a smaller piece of land. Save some money there, less in taxes, less in upkeep, lawn services, etc.

And yeah, scale back on the mani/pedis, tannings, hair extensions, plastic surgery, and Starbucks too.

MamaC, with a good, thorough post. You said it all. It is amazing how many people are buying into Kate's BS and saying "aaawww, she's just out there working, trying to make money to raise her kids". WHAT??!! To that I say

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;
    To me, Jon's no less of a fame hound than she is. He could have picked anytime for a custody fight but does so now when she's full steam ahead in the spotlight because of DWTS, her upcoming book tour, and the announcement of two new reality shows.
    Hi Karalott. I agree about Jon being a fame hound, but I think this is the perfect time to open up the custody issue again. Because of DWTS and the upcoming book tour, he now has credible evidence and documentation detailing how often Kate is, or is not, with the children. He also now has an attorney who may actually be looking out for his best interests, unlike the other fame-seeker Heller, who has ties to the Glassman family. Anthony List (senior, I think) was close friends with Jon's father. Reportedly, before his death, Jon's dad asked List to help Jon out if he ever needed it. So maybe Jon will have some competent representation now.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3874172;
    Well we will also have to know just how many days per month Kate requires the "services" of her bodyguard, Steve. She pays him $1600 per day.
    Hi MamaC. Great post. I am curious about who actually pays for the bodyguard. My guess is that it is TLC, who can write it off as a business expense.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3874172;
    There has to be some rather sizable accounts for all they have earned off their children.
    I remember last year there was a big dustup over the fact that the kids were not being paid, and that no monies had been set aside in trust for them. Suddenly, amid some harsh criticism, reports came out that accounts had been set up for the kids with about $10,000 each in them. Neither Kate nor TLC disputed that that number was accurate. Hopefully, far more money has been set aside for them since that time.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3874230;
    I remember last year there was a big dustup over the fact that the kids were not being paid, and that no monies had been set aside in trust for them. Suddenly, amid some harsh criticism, reports came out that accounts had been set up for the kids with about $10,000 each in them. Neither Kate nor TLC disputed that that number was accurate. Hopefully, far more money has been set aside for them since that time.
    Someone needs to be appointed to look out for the kids' financial interest as far as all the millions that have been made off their backs. $10,000 is nothing (Kate spent $7k on hair extensions.). Both their finances (Jon and Kate) need to be gone over with a fine-toothed comb - especially Kate. But someone needs to get on it NOW, if they aren't already. I'd hate to see the kids in a Gary Coleman situation years on down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3873875;
    I think she has that in common with Russell from Survivor, which is why, while they may have a lot more money than some people, they are and always will be losers in life, unless they change their attitudes.
    I'm sorry, but I have to call you on an outrageous comparison when I see one.

There's a big difference between misbehaving inside a game, and doing so in real life.

Russell is a worm in the game of Survivor, but even what we see of him outside of that (interviews, reunion specials) is in the context of that game. He may be a worm in real life too, but... we have no way of knowing.

Kate G. is very definitely a worm in real life. Even though it manifests itself on TV, on a reality show, the very act of putting her kids on that show inherently is a real world decision. And in a way, so are the alleged fights and bitchiness behind the scenes on DWTS, because those certainly aren't about gameplay, or psyching out competitors or anything like that.

Russell on Survivor is a character. Who may or may not resemble the real man. Probably to a great degree, since its hard to imagine that all coming from nothing, but all we have ON HAND and proven to compare to the likes of Kate Gosselin is the part which IS that character.

Kate's "character" is the "hard working mom providing for her kids" and the part which seems to disgust people are what we see of the real woman breaking through that.

In other words, it sounds like the basis for hating Russell and Kate aren't the same--they are completely opposite. You hate what you know of Russell's character on TV, whereas with Kate you hate what peeks through about what's underneath the TV persona.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3874286;
    I'm sorry, but I have to call you on an outrageous comparison when I see one.

There's a big difference between misbehaving inside a game, and doing so in real life.

Russell is a worm in the game of Survivor, but even what we see of him outside of that (interviews, reunion specials) is in the context of that game. He may be a worm in real life too, but... we have no way of knowing.
    I understand your point of view, and appreciate your sharing it. I did find this quote on a Wiki website which describes him: "A big Survivor fan, he aims to show every other contestant how the game is played—a method that’s “dirtier, smarter and more cunning than anyone can imagine”. He plans to deploy the tactics he used to become successful in life on the game, and get him on the way to win a million dollars."

Not the way I would personally choose to live. But this isn't the Russell thread, so I hope we can just agree to disagree and still be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3874148;
    8 kids can't be cheap. To do it well would cost a couple of hundred thousand a year I would think.

What gets me is that poor single mother routine. She is far from poor.
    Hi Jexter. I, too, cannot tolerate that "poor single mother" routine of hers. But I must respectfully disagree that it would cost a couple of hundred thousand dollars a year to raise 8 kids well. There are untold numbers of families in this country who are raising many children quite well on a fraction of that amount. (According to the Census Bureau, in 2008 the median annual household income was about $52,000.) It's all about setting priorities and making choices to live within your means. Kate has shown time and again that her priorities are all about "mine, all mine."

I think it would be very safe to say that the Gosselin children would be far happier and better off if they had a stable family life with two loving parents they could rely on to protect and respect them at any cost, even if this meant they wouldn't have crooked houses or free trips or lots of other material things.

Well, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Kate and Tony made the cover of US Weekly again this week. Big photo of them with Tony smiling and Kate with a sour puss look on her face with the heading "Inside Kate's Train Wreck" with sub-titles "How she tortures Tony", "Blows off practice to shop", "Her Easter showdown with Jon". It's really an ugly story inside about how awful she is and how bad she treats Tony and what a diva she is. It seems, according to the artice, that nobody likes her, cast or crew. I think it said that Tony wouldn't care if they got eliminated. I bet not! I bet Tony thought he had had bad partners before, but he has never had the witch from H*ll! Kate seems to be just a terrible human being.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3874318;
    Hi Jexter. I, too, cannot tolerate that "poor single mother" routine of hers. But I must respectfully disagree that it would cost a couple of hundred thousand dollars a year to raise 8 kids well. There are untold numbers of families in this country who are raising many children quite well on a fraction of that amount. (According to the Census Bureau, in 2008 the median annual household income was about $52,000.) It's all about setting priorities and making choices to live within your means. Kate has shown time and again that her priorities are all about "mine, all mine."

I think it would be very safe to say that the Gosselin children would be far happier and better off if they had a stable family life with two loving parents they could rely on to protect and respect them at any cost, even if this meant they wouldn't have crooked houses or free trips or lots of other material things.
    I'm using a couple of hundred thousand "to do it well". Maybe the word "well" isn't quite right, but what I meant was the ability to do certain things without struggling, e.g. shop for new clothes rather than hand-me-downs, save for college, take family vacations, food, household supplies, activities for the kids (e.g. swimming lessons, band, sports, etc).

There are plenty of people getting by on far less, but to raise 8 kids "comfortably" (maybe that is the better word), I do think a hundred thousand + is not out of line (keeping in taxes in mind).
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-11-2010 at 07:36 AM.

FORT Fogey

I have never written to a show or celebrity or anything like that, but I did just send a request to ABC to pull the plug on Kate. I used the "contact us" link on the bottom of ABC's website.

Contact Us - ABC.com

+ Reply to Thread