+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Which pro dancer did she want to be teamed with?? Whoever it is owes Tony a million bucks.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

It’s a description that would have made Simon Cowell proud.

Dancing With the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli didn’t hold back when discussing Kate Gosselin’s less-than-graceful moves on Wednesday’s Lopez Tonight: “Kate is pretty dreadful. She’s crap,” he told host George Lopez.

Tough reviews aside, the outspoken Italian admitted the mom of eight is “a tough cookie” for facing all the criticism. “She gets it in the face, she comes back and she tries to get better,” he said. “[But] it doesn’t really work.”

Tonioli also said Gosselin, who has squabbled with partner Tony Dovolani, turns the show into “our own disaster movie” on a daily basis. “2012 is nothing compared to the catastrophe she produces,” he said.

Who does he like?

Tonioli turned on the praise for Pamela Anderson. “I thought [she] was going to be terrible [and] all she is gonna do is lay back and show her [censored] and get on with it, but she’s not. She’s good,” he said. “She actually comes out and delivers a performance full of content and she works very, very hard and she is good at it.” – Blane Bachelor
    DWTS’s Bruno Reviews Kate Gosselin’s Dancing: ‘She’s Crap’ - PEOPLE TV Watch
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

“Kate is pretty dreadful. She’s crap,”
    So why did you give her a 5 this week Bruno?

Dreadful and crap are pretty strong terms. If she continues to dance as badly as she did this week I hope his paddle will finally start to reflect this opinion.
    I'm no dance expert, but it looked like Tony really dumbed down the choreography in that Paso and she was still stunningly bad.
    Let's see the "3" next week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3873265;
    Which pro dancer did she want to be teamed with?? Whoever it is owes Tony a million bucks.
    It's never been said that I'm aware of, but my guess is Dmitry. Kate told Jimmy Kimmell that the producers told her the choice she wanted was "too quiet" for her. Now Tony isn't exactly known as being a loud mouth or outspoken in anyway, so that was kind of a surprising statement and turn of events. It could also have been Louis. I highly doubt it would have been Maks, Derek, or Mark.

So why did you give her a 5 this week Bruno?

Dreadful and crap are pretty strong terms. If she continues to dance as badly as she did this week I hope his paddle will finally start to reflect this opinion.
    I'm no dance expert, but it looked like Tony really dumbed down the choreography in that Paso and she was still stunningly bad.
    Let's see the "3" next week.
    I'd rather them be honest, even if it hurts, but I agree, make sure your scores reflect your statements. Which makes me think all the more that the scoring is set a certain way to keep couples close or, in Kate's case, perhaps not damage her ego too much. I would think that someone else would be getting lower scores for the performances she's done so far. Bruno probably can't tell Kate like it is on the show so I'm glad he's at least reflecting what his true opinion is. I agree about the choreography. Their jive looked even worse because Tony was so good but then by dumbing down the choreography for the paso, it looked worse that way, too. Doesn't help that Kate has no other facial expression frozen on her face.

I love the comparision between 2012 and Kate

News - Kate Gosselin: "I Can't Put My Life Aside and Dance" - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com

I'm glad Tony's still got a sense of humor:

Dovolani declares to the camera, "I strongly believe in her. The very first words she said on our show was, 'I want to win.' I told her today that I still see the possibility of her winning."
    Maks said the same thing about Denise, but once they were eliminated, it became clear he couldn't stand her.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-08-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Tony tweeted:

TonyDovolani: @usweekly I did NOT say that !!!!!!!!!! Please stop with the nonsense
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

All of the negative media attention is causing people to turn on the show to watch Kate. She can be the person folks love to hate, wait to see crash and burn, or hope the best for as she represents the moms of America. It doesn't matter to the producers; all they care about is that people watch.
    Therefore, I think since it is in their best interest and for the sake of ratings, they are going to keep her around as long as possible. If that means encouraging Bruno to give her 5s while he badmouths her in the media, so be it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3873265;
    That's for sure!

Isn't it impolite to state publicly that you'd hoped for a different partner?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;3873618;
    You'd think so, but I have a feeling Kate isn't going to be all sunshine when she finally does get voted off (and the show has to realize, eventually her schitck will grow old and it will cause people to tune out). Even the tabloids will keep up their diva stories and the free Tony campaign, and it'll just make a huge mockery of the show. Anyway, I think Kate's probably going to go on a bit of a tirade that she can't quite do now since she is still on the show.

And you think publicly stating you wanted a different partner was bad, Macy Gray said in front of Jonathan she was hoping she would get Maks and was disappointed when she saw him standing there!

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;3873618;
    Of course but Kate isn't polite and is always rude so this is just par for the course for her.

+ Reply to Thread