+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: DWTS Media Thread

where there is smoke...

I feel so badly for Tony. She seriously thinks she is the reason people know his name? HUH?

FORT Fan

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Well if Tony needed something to sweetened the deal to come back (though I think it just as likely that they appealed to his better nature while waving his signed contract around) then if it was me I would ask for dibs on a partner with a stronger background next time. Tony really hasn't been partnered initially with someone with a strong background in either dance or training (i.e. the athletes). He only became partnered with Melissa Rycroft because Nancy O'dell had to drop out due to injuries. He got 3rd with Stacy Kleiber and Melissa, had to drop out with Sara Evans, and was partnered with Leeza Gibbons, Marissa Winokur, Susan Lucci, Kathy Ireland, and now Kate Gosselin.

I hope Tony gets somesone great next season. He's had more than his share of clunkers over the years. I'd love to see him win.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3873108;
    I think they gave him a raise to deal with Kate. That's all. It wasn't a statement on how he feels about money and happiness or anything of the sort. It was nothing that deep. I think she's difficult and they know it and as such gave him a little extra.
    Oh, I understand what you're saying, we all have opinions and we all speculate. That's part of the fun. I didn't mean to 'argue' . They may have, that may not have. We just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3873108;
    I think they gave him a raise to deal with Kate. That's all. It wasn't a statement on how he feels about money and happiness or anything of the sort. It was nothing that deep. I think she's difficult and they know it and as such gave him a little extra.

Are you speculating or do you know that he was offered more money?? The pros make $5,000 for every show they appear on, not chump change, and although the tiff between them was real I don't believe the 'I Quit' was - I think it was either a staged moment or something off the cuff that he regretted immediately. He's had some real duds in the past, why would dancing and dealing with Kate be any different.

If the producers caved and offered more money to the pros every season for the bad celebs they end up it would be out of control.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3873117;
    Oh, I understand what you're saying, we all have opinions and we all speculate. That's part of the fun. I didn't mean to 'argue' . They may have, that may not have. We just don't know.
    I didn't take it even remotely as arguing. I enjoy the back and forth too. It is fun. I hope he did get more. I also pray he gets a great dancer next year. He seems to have had more than his fair share of clunkers.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3873120;
    Are you speculating or do you know that he was offered more money?? The pros make $5,000 for every show they appear on, not chump change, and although the tiff between them was real I don't believe the 'I Quit' was - I think it was either a staged moment or something off the cuff that he regretted immediately. He's had some real duds in the past, why would dancing and dealing with Kate be any different.

If the producers caved and offered more money to the pros every season for the bad celebs they end up it would be out of control.
    Even with the reality show aspect of this show, I still don't think they could get Tony to quit or even say it. I think he's too much of a professional to even think of uttering those words, and I feel a lot of behind the scenes frustrations are the real deal. Tony's had his share of duds, but none of them have come close to the polarizing nature or attitude as Kate Gosselin. All of the rumors surrounding Kate on the show, the fact that her bodyguard is there, the fact that in the rehearsal packages we've mainly seen them arguing, crying, and fighting, and then Kate clomping around, I think there's a lot of truth to what's being reported. However, I don't believe that Tony got more money as a result of his tiff with Kate or her difficult nature. I can't see him being the type that demanded it but bottom line, the pros need this show more than the show needs them. Karina, Kym, Lacey, Dmitry, Jonathan, Alec, and Anna D. are all sitting on the sidelines this season while a former pro not seen since season 3 and a newbie came on. We know they can just as easily find someone either new or from the past to fill in. I don't know what their contract states, but I know the pros have mentioned they've been promised a number of years/seasons. But pros from the early seasons of DWTS that were on one time, also had mentioned they had 3 year contracts with the show but were never seen again. There may be a fine print in there that they can bring you back for one pro performance and that satisfies their end of the deal without having to actually pair you up with someone. Tony's a good natured, down to earth pro, but it's no secret why he got paired with Kate. I can only imagine the drama if she was paired with Maks. DWTS would probably set a ratings record never yet seen in primetime Since he has had a huge string of duds and really only 2 winnable partners in 9 seasons, I hope he gets someone really, really good and less controversial next season.

As for Kate's new show: providing insight? What's she going to do, go in and counsel how to balance a working life (translation: appearing on talk shows, getting manicures and hair extensions for free and taking exclusive trips with your "body guard"), and your family life (translation: how to saddle your kids with nannies and keep their daddy away). If this were a show like New York Goes to Work, I might be tempted to tune in to vote for what I think Kate should have to do

I read that Khate makes Tony come in the basement and told him "people know who you are because you are partnered with me" She is a tool of the first class kind

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3873140;
    Even with the reality show aspect of this show, I still don't think they could get Tony to quit or even say it. I think he's too much of a professional to even think of uttering those words, and I feel a lot of behind the scenes frustrations are the real deal. Tony's had his share of duds, but none of them have come close to the polarizing nature or attitude as Kate Gosselin. All of the rumors surrounding Kate on the show, the fact that her bodyguard is there, the fact that in the rehearsal packages we've mainly seen them arguing, crying, and fighting, and then Kate clomping around, I think there's a lot of truth to what's being reported. However, I don't believe that Tony got more money as a result of his tiff with Kate or her difficult nature. I can't see him being the type that demanded it but bottom line, the pros need this show more than the show needs them. Karina, Kym, Lacey, Dmitry, Jonathan, Alec, and Anna D. are all sitting on the sidelines this season while a former pro not seen since season 3 and a newbie came on. We know they can just as easily find someone either new or from the past to fill in. I don't know what their contract states, but I know the pros have mentioned they've been promised a number of years/seasons. But pros from the early seasons of DWTS that were on one time, also had mentioned they had 3 year contracts with the show but were never seen again. There may be a fine print in there that they can bring you back for one pro performance and that satisfies their end of the deal without having to actually pair you up with someone. Tony's a good natured, down to earth pro, but it's no secret why he got paired with Kate. I can only imagine the drama if she was paired with Maks. DWTS would probably set a ratings record never yet seen in primetime Since he has had a huge string of duds and really only 2 winnable partners in 9 seasons, I hope he gets someone really, really good and less controversial next season.

As for Kate's new show: providing insight? What's she going to do, go in and counsel how to balance a working life (translation: appearing on talk shows, getting manicures and hair extensions for free and taking exclusive trips with your "body guard"), and your family life (translation: how to saddle your kids with nannies and keep their daddy away). If this were a show like New York Goes to Work, I might be tempted to tune in to vote for what I think Kate should have to do
    Thanks for saying what you did. I can't see Tony ever being told to say, "I quit" nor would he likely do so if he were told to. I read somewhere online that he regretted saying it because he spoke in the heat of anger. One of the first things he did afterwards was to call his father and apologize because he raised Tony better than that.
    The things that keep coming out about their partnership are like none that I ever remember on this show. Tony has been saddled with some doozies but they had good relationships.
    I'm sure there have been many diva-like attitudes in the history of the show. (I read that Warren Sapp was pretty bad and didn't get along with the rest of the cast,) but her's takes the cake.
    I have a hard time believing that DWTS paints her in such a bad light, then does damage control. Do they want her to look bad to create drama or is it hard to avoid showing her bad behavior because there is so much of it and we're only seeing the tip of the iceburg?

A friend just sent me a link to the Jimmy Fallon piece imitating Kate's last dance -- it's absolutely hilarious!

+ Reply to Thread