+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Oh, the poor, struggling, single mother. But at least now we have an idea as to why her face seemed frozen during her dance.

This might be way off base, and I know its early in the game, but Im wondering if a lot of people are voting for Kate in a Master P kind of way as a joke and also to make her stay and EARN that big check. I mean, the idea of her doing the jive, cmon. I think shed fake an injury, illness, or even some trumped-up emergency at home before shed do some of the harder dances.

IMO Tony nailed it - she doesn't really want to be there. She wants more publicity and that big check. Most people would have to work several years to earn that kind of money.

FORT Fanatic

I agree with those who feel that she is just in it for the money, and perhaps to try to show a different side of herself. She did not accomplish that this week though. She came across as cold and hostile. I just can't see this woman having a future in the entertainment field.

She's definitely out of her comfort zone on this show, dancing and dancing live - even accomplished actors and athletes are nerved by that.

And so what if she's in it for the money? I'm not a fan or a non-fan, but if they offered it to her and she's able to take home a sizeable cheque for appearing a total of 3 shows (which is the mimimum for all of them) then good for her. She's capitalizing on her notoriety (good, bad or indifferent), which we all know is fleeting. Take it while she can get it.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3861885;
    This might be way off base, and I know its early in the game, but Im wondering if a lot of people are voting for Kate in a Master P kind of way as a joke and also to make her stay and EARN that big check. I mean, the idea of her doing the jive, cmon. I think shed fake an injury, illness, or even some trumped-up emergency at home before shed do some of the harder dances.

IMO Tony nailed it - she doesn't really want to be there. She wants more publicity and that big check. Most people would have to work several years to earn that kind of money.
    I think Kate will probably last a few rounds. I kind of hope she doesn't soften her image any because this is the real Kate that's got all that negative press, so it kind of shows it didn't just come from nowhere. I think she potentially will fake injury to gain sympathy-she rolled her ankle and we see her limping, but suddenly she starts limping on her good leg, then realizes her goof and switches back.

Her demeanor said it all-she was expecting something different and didn't get it. She may do better in the personality department, but I just think that jive will be a mess. Unless Tony choreographs something like he did for Sara Evans, but that was probably more due to song choice. Even so, that has trainwreck written all over it. I don't think she expected all the negative publicity for one thing, but I don't think she did the best in speaking out against them, either. If she's going for an image make-over, she's got a long way to go, and unless they heavily edit her rehearsal footage, I think we'll be seeing worse than we saw this week.

News - DWTS' Bruno: I Wasn't Too "Harsh" on Kate Gosselin - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

DWTS' Bruno: I Wasn't Too "Harsh" on Kate Gosselin
    Wednesday March 24, 2010 9:27am

Tart-tongued Dancing With the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli doesn't regret telling Kate Gosselin she was "terrible" on Monday's premiere.

"Kate wasn't very good -- she can't perform," he told UsMagazine.com Tuesday at a party celebrating Evan Lysacek's Olympic Gold Medal at Ralph Lauren in L.A. "But she will learn."

On Monday's show, he also told Gosselin, 34, that it looked like her partner Tony Dovolani was "pushing a shopping cart around the floor" as they danced the Viennese Waltz.

"It was true! It wasn't harsh!" Tonioli, 54, told Us. "She was like a shopping cart! Sometimes people need to be shaken up a bit to keep it up! It's the truth, it's what I feel, it's just being honest!

"If you want love, go to your mother!" he added. "This is Dancing with the Stars, and you know what you're going to get! "It's a competition and there are people who are working very, very hard," he went on. "And to get there, you have to say, 'OK, I didn't perform, I was stiff, I was like a shopping cart.' They have to come back and show it."

But professional dancer Mark Ballas feels for Gosselin.

"Poor woman!" he told Us. "She's here trying to have a good time and trying to make her kids and family proud. Tony is an excellent teacher and a great mentor and has been guiding her through it. We all want to support her, and I think she'll do fine."
    Cry me a river is all I can say. I've seen media reports that people can expect Kate's kids to make an appearnace, especially if she lands in the bottom 2 this week but survives. Bruno's been a lot worse to other celebs, and I didn't think he was harsh to Kate at all. He told her like it was. He can cross the line but in this case, he was right on point.

Supposedly, all of the cast is supportive of Kate but I wonder how they'll be feeling if she outlasts them.

I dont think Bruno was out of line with the shopping cart remark. But he needs to cool it with the interviews; we dont want sympathy votes going to Kate. (btw I notice that Bruno is quick to react when audience boos or reacts to his negative comments about anyone. He has a short fuse. )

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3862087;
    I dont think Bruno was out of line with the shopping cart remark. But he needs to cool it with the interviews; we dont want sympathy votes going to Kate. (btw I notice that Bruno is quick to react when audience boos or reacts to his negative comments about anyone. He has a short fuse. )
    I've noticed the same thing about CA, too. They're quick to egg on the boos for Len or to interrupt him and not let him finish, but the minute those tables turn on them, they go on the defense. It's funny that everyone's rushing to Kate's defense when she wasn't the only one who got harshly criticized on Monday.

How can anyone even want to vote for her or give her sympathy votes? We know people know what she's like and what she probably has up her sleeve in terms of putting her kids on TV.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-24-2010 at 05:46 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3862098;
    I've noticed the same thing about CA, too. They're quick to egg on the boos for Len or to interrupt him and not let him finish, but the minute those tables turn on them, they go on the defense. It's funny that everyone's rushing to Kate's defense when she wasn't the only one who got harshly criticized on Monday.

How can anyone even want to vote for her or give her sympathy votes? We know people know what she's like and what she probably has up her sleeve in terms of putting her kids on TV.
    First let me say that this applies to any and every one of the contestants that has ever stepped foot on the DWTS dance floor.
    It is not the criticism which is constructive. It is whether it is directed in a humiliating way or in a helpful way.

There is a far cry difference between, "It looked like Tony was pushing around a shopping cart," which was funny and cutting at Kate's expense, and the very same criticism which is helpful but not funny and humiliating at some one else's expense when it is given as, " You appeared too wooden and stiff and as those Tony was having to push the two of you around. You need to loosen up and try to carry more of the load between you two."
    Believe me, if even that criticism was directed at me, I would feel (constructively) corrected to the point of being almost mortified (that somehow I wasn't doing my share), but at least I wouldn't feel humiliated at being the butt of the joke.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

From the Chicago Sun Times:

'Stars' staff waiting for Kate Gosselin to dance away :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker

Though the official ABC statement on Kate Gosselin gushes about the reality TV personality being well-liked by the ‘‘Dancing With the Stars’’ staff, a longtime show insider told me late Wednesday, ‘‘Kate is without doubt the biggest diva to appear on the show — and that’s saying a lot!’’
    Along with Gosselin’s well-documented penchant for showing up late for hair and makeup and other key events on the “DWTS” schedule, my source adds the staff and crew are delighted Gosselin has been doing so poorly in the early stages of the competition — believing she’ll be voted off by the American public very soon.

That said, the show is snaring huge ratings — perhaps driven by the intriguing mix of celeb dancers this season, including Gosselin.

There is the ‘‘train wreck’’ aspect to that, but my source — who has been deeply involved in ‘‘Dancing With the Stars’’ since the beginning of the hit show — says ‘‘that won’t be enough to keep Kate on the show much longer. There are too many other interesting competitors to watch.

While Gosselin’s haughty attitude (as well as her repeated tardiness) reportedly has alienated staff and crew members, the one competitor everyone thought would be a big pain, ‘‘Beverly Hills 90210’’ veteran Shannen Doherty, has been anything but.

Shannen’s definitely not the warm and fuzzy type, but she’s a total professional and very respectful to everyone — crew members, staff, anyone connected with the show.’’

The staff’s most popular contestants? Pamela Anderson and Buzz Aldrin, who interestingly have struck up something of a friendship — talk about the ‘‘Odd Couple’’!

According to my source, the blonde bombshell and revered ex-astronaut are easy to work with and very down-to-earth.

+ Reply to Thread