+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3856870;
    Perfectly stated, Krom!

I found this posted on the Baltimore Sun's Z on TV blog. It is a story from the National Enquirer, so make of it what you will (although they did break the Tiger Woods story accurately). (Moderators: I'm not sure if this is OK to post. If you don't think it is appropriate, please delete.)

KLUTZY KATE DRIVING 'DANCE' PARTNER MAD - Mike Walker News | Gossip - National Enquirer

"Now that tubby, stubby hubby JON’s out of the picture, KATE GOSSELIN’s bossing a new man around – and he hates it!

"Insiders report Kate’s “Dancing with the Stars” pro partner TONY DOVOLANI is frustrated, furious and flat-out exhausted trying to teach dance moves to the lead-footed reality TV mom.

" 'Kate is a klutz! She doesn’t listen and can’t take direction,' Tony told pals. Kate wants to lead, not follow, constantly questions Tony’s choreography, drives him crazy with her bossiness – and worse, she’s totally clumsy and ungraceful.

"Set insiders snipe that she’s especially rude and condescending to hair, makeup and wardrobe staffers, who secretly hope her first move on stage will be a pratfall."
    It's hard to imagine Tony being so indiscreet as to complain where the media can pick it up; however, Tony is best buds with Maks, and Maks has been known to say exactly what goes on in his head and to spare little or nothing.

This article is worrisome. How much if any is true? How much is exaggerated?

If any of this article or any of the other articles that intimate that Kate is unpleasant to deal with are true, it is not looking good, imo, for the cast and crew of DWTS. They have always seemed to intertwine and be a tight knit group with a comfortable camaraderie which will be threatened for as long as she is still dancing.
    Hopefully, this is 'much ado about nothing,' as the bard said.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

With anyone else, I'd be inclined to brush it off, especially considering the source (though to be honest, I don't think the Enquirer is any worse than any other gossip rag-and they did get the Tiger Woods scandal before anyone else). However, because it's Kate, I think I believe it. Tony's too sweet of a man to vent to the public, but you're right Bloomers, it doesn't mean he's not venting to the cast and they aren't spilling the beans. Tony isn't tweeting anything like he was with Kathy last season. His tweets have simply been "Kate did great" or "We had a breakthrough". I wonder if their second dance will do them in. Since season 1, the second ballroom dance has always been the quickstep, but this season it's the foxtrot, according to Maks. Kate has the VW the first week so she'll have whatever Latin dance it is. Normally it'd be the salsa, but if they change that up, she might get something harder. I'd kind of like for it to the jive, just because I feel like she'll butcher that worst of all. Anything to get her gone quick.

I also can see her faking an injury to avoid being voted off.. haha
    I see Tony being the one faking an injury to get voted off.

FORT Fogey

With anyone else, I'd be inclined to brush it off, especially considering the source (though to be honest, I don't think the Enquirer is any worse than any other gossip rag-and they did get the Tiger Woods scandal before anyone else).
    The NE also broke the story about the John Edwards affair a year before any other media source reported it. And they were the first, or a least among the first, to report the demise of the Gosselin marriage. So they may not always get it right, but they're not always wrong. I think it's possible Tony made those comments to a "source" who reported it to NE. That way he gets his story out to the media without being directly quoted. It's his way of saying HELLPPP MEEE!!!

I see Tony being the one faking an injury to get voted off.
    First the cry for help, then the "injury." Poor Tony!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3857008;
    The NE also broke the story about the John Edwards affair a year before any other media source reported it. And they were the first, or a least among the first, to report the demise of the Gosselin marriage. So they may not always get it right, but they're not always wrong. I think it's possible Tony made those comments to a "source" who reported it to NE. That way he gets his story out to the media without being directly quoted. It's his way of saying HELLPPP MEEE!!!

First the cry for help, then the "injury." Poor Tony!
    So funny! I was getting ready to post, "Didn't the Enquirer break the John Edwards story?" when you beat me to the punch.
    I would say in Kate's case, where there's smoke, there's fire. She's never had a reputation of "playing well with others."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3856931;
    It's hard to imagine Tony being so indiscreet as to complain where the media can pick it up; however, Tony is best buds with Maks, and Maks has been known to say exactly what goes on in his head and to spare little or nothing.
    Tony wouldn't necessarily have to say anything. There are plenty of people involved in production who would be in a position to see Kate's behavior and how it was affecting Tony....and then cash in with NE.

It seems that there are leaks from the set every season about which celebs are least popular. I'd only be surprised if Kate wasn't being a diva.

They'd better give Tony a kick-ass partner next time. No matter how long it takes for Kate to get the boot, I'd say he's paid his dues.

I normally don't vote early on in the season of DWTS, but I'll definitely be voting this time and for anyone but Kate!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I believe all the nasty stories about kate -
    Being a diva to the "help"
    Demanding more money than Pamela (she'll drive ratings more than Pam would I think so why wouldn't producres pay up?!)
    Faking an injury to bow out if she has to
    Tony is frustrated
    etc
    etc
    etc

I believe it all.

As stated above, where there's smoke, there's fire. They can't all be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3857551;
    I believe all the nasty stories about kate -
    Being a diva to the "help"
    Demanding more money than Pamela (she'll drive ratings more than Pam would I think so why wouldn't producres pay up?!)
    Faking an injury to bow out if she has to
    Tony is frustrated
    etc
    etc
    etc

I believe it all.

As stated above, where there's smoke, there's fire. They can't all be wrong.
    Personally I think that if even 1/4 of the rumours about Khate are correct then she should stop and think about herself. I surely don't want to think about her. I agree... poor Tony!

I can totally see Kate faking an injury if she does poorly, is scored low and ends up in the bottom two in the first round. She'd have to get past round 1 (maybe she won't???). But she would have an advantage of faking an injury in that she would use that as a sympathy card for those viewers who are gullible to believe her. And in her departing words she's be promoting her book......watch and see.

I'd love to watch the first round just because I want Kate and Jake in the bottom 2.

Has anyone else ever had this much negativity before the show even starts??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Kate Gosselin Is "Standoffish," DWTS' Mark Ballas Says

Kate Gosselin may be able to laugh off rumors of her diva behavior on the set of Dancing With the Stars -- but her new colleagues aren't so sure.
    "I'm not the type of person to judge..." dancer Mark Ballas told UsMagazine.com of Gosselin at Wednesday's Drai's Hollywood grand opening event in West Hollywood. "And I'm not going to be like 'I don't like [Kate]..."
    But?
    "But, I mean, she's pretty, you know, standoffish, which is kind of weird."
    Ballas, pro partner to Shannen Doherty this season, told Us about meeting the reality mom for the first time.
    "I don't really know her, but when I met her she wasn't kind of like, 'hello' or anything. I say 'hey,' and she was like 'oh hey.' I was like, 'Okay!'"
    Ballas added, "She has a great partner, Tony [Dovolani] who is a dear friend of mine, so I'm sure he will whip her into shape. Whatever you can get out of that!"
    During her Wednesday appearance on The View, Gosselin poo-poo'd the New York Post's report that she "sets herself apart" from other DWTS contenders and "wants to be queen bee." "I'm 3,000 miles away! I was out [L.A.] once for five days and met everyone and had a great time."
    News - Kate Gosselin Is "Standoffish," DWTS' Mark Ballas Says - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I don't know who makes me want to vomit more from that story -- Kate or Mark.

We'll call it a draw.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread